Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    This event is better than a lot of events that Marvel released in recent years, but... I don't really care.

For me, there is two problems:

firstly, too much action and not enough character development or "shocking" moments. If you cut the fights, you can can resume each issues in 5 pages. For example, I hated "Age of Ultron", but each issue I had a moment where i thought "no way. What will happen to this hero ?" In this event, except for Loki, I'm not invested, worried, angered, by any protagonist or antagonist. Every fight seem the same, it's like a Michael Bay movie: lot of action but no substance.

Secondly, I have seen this kind of story too much at Marvel. New-York destroyed: Ultimates, World War Hulk, Civil War... An army who try to conquer the world: Secret Empire, Secret invasion, Fear itself...
    And also, this event seems like a mix of Siege and Fear itself. There is nothing surprising.

I will continue to read it, because it's not bad, but it lacks this little spark that, even if you love or hate it, make you comeback for more.
    It kind of sounds like you just don’t like events. Are there any events you do like? Or did you like the events until they started to repeat the tropes?

This is not really the place for the character development moments. That has been handled in the long lead-up and the Thor book. This is the popcorn movie that spins out of it. A time to cut loose and do the crazy stuff. Generally have fun with one of the best newer artists in comics. As I suggested elsewhere, I suspect the reason Aaron wanted a few more Thor issues after this is precisely because this lighter, more crazy tone wouldn’t match the required gravity of the end of his run.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-17-2019 at 06:04 AM.

the only strikeforce i'm picking up because jorge molina drawing cute boys (and wolverine) gets me jarnbjorny on main

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...and-of-giants/
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well, i did somewhat enjoy Odin and Freya's last stand...of course it could be they are still alive but we finally got a win i guess. I do wonder if the issue shows whatever is growing out of the sun. I mean it looked like it could be a new World Tree but then again it could some vessel for a new Mjolnir for all i know.

If we get a new world tree then things can be repaired properly. I feel like we will finally get an Asgard that exists in another realm again now that Asgardia has been destroyed.

I remain convinced Mjolnir will be brought back by Old King Thor from the future who will have no real need for it at the end of existence even if he kicks off a new universe somehow. There is a whole potential non-paradoxical time loop that Mjolnir has been through, but we can discuss this if it happens.

We also have a potential foreshadowing that Thor may be taking up a mantle of protector of the realms at some point, so we would need a world tree back. Why else have a huge connecting variant cover with an Yggdrasil map on it? For me this kind of rebuilding has been Aaron’s project from the start. To leave Thor in a solid place for future writers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It appears to be a reference to the last panel of Strikeforce The War Avengers. Which I can’t recommend you read. It is very light on plot and probably should have been called Strikeforce Deadpool.
    Luckily I reconciled this without reading Strikeforce, after seeing a preview for something else and wondering how Ms Marvel was helping the Champions and Agents of Atlas, I remembered that she bailed on Atlas anyway.

Everything was hot this week. WoR #4 and Stikeforece War Avengers are best for me.

So i’m wondering where all this is leading to- new status quo for thor? New characters to play with? What’s the point of all this? And- i think i need a primer on malkeith.

Mighty Member

I think this Event is on of the best and the Tie-ins do matter witch is the best part
    most tie-ins are not best in part events.But this is

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So i’m wondering where all this is leading to- new status quo for thor? New characters to play with? What’s the point of all this? And- i think i need a primer on malkeith.
    Malekith is a dark elf who was created in Simonson's run, became a C-List Thor villain, and was then bumped it to A-List in Aaron's run where he was revealed to have severe PTSD due to a horrible childhood in the middle of war, to the point that he psychologically requires war and conflict to give meaning to what himself and what he suffered through, so he has planned and led the campaign for the greatest war of all, the climax of which is it hitting Earth for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Malekith is a dark elf who was created in Simonson's run, became a C-List Thor villain, and was then bumped it to A-List in Aaron's run where he was revealed to have severe PTSD due to a horrible childhood in the middle of war, to the point that he psychologically requires war and conflict to give meaning to what himself and what he suffered through, so he has planned and led the campaign for the greatest war of all, the climax of which is it hitting Earth for this event.
    Time will tell whether he'll be an A-Lister past Aaron's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the only strikeforce i'm picking up because jorge molina drawing cute boys (and wolverine) gets me jarnbjorny on main

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...and-of-giants/
    200% same.

Also picking up War Scrolls #2, and then I’m probably done.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Strikeforce hit me right in the heart, if Taylor took over for Thor, I would lose my ****

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Time will tell whether he'll be an A-Lister past Aaron's run.
    Will it?

I mean, he's associated with the worst Thor movie, and Aaron has done nothing to give Malekith any depth whatsoever, and I haven't seen much cunning from him yet (tricking Thor only meant that Thor butchered an army of giants). He's not much more than a modern Silver Ag villain, cackling about how he'll get those do gooders, and their little dog too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Will it?

I mean, he's associated with the worst Thor movie, and Aaron has done nothing to give Malekith any depth whatsoever, and I haven't seen much cunning from him yet (tricking Thor only meant that Thor butchered an army of giants). He's not much more than a modern Silver Ag villain, cackling about how he'll get those do gooders, and their little dog too.
    To me it comes off like they're trying to make him into the new Loki now that Loki is basically an anti-hero.

Which, on some level, I kinda get even if it doesn't do much for me.

By writing the origin about his trauma and how that shaped his worldview, Jason did add depth, but I do wish he spent an issue of Thor recently to get in his head (though the bit in the recent Loki spotlight was good.) The soil is there to start adding more layers, depending on how the event ends. He's on the omega issue cover, and I'd be more interested in getting more of him than Hela, the only other really big Thor villain. And he looks cool now. I'm a fan.

I feel like if you get one big story, you're A-List until you're consistently a joke, not if you fall out of use. Kraven had Kraven's Last Hunt, Apocalypse has Age of Apocalypse, blah blah blah

which means stevil is a-list until you free him from coates brevoort gooooooooooooooooooooooood