Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1265

Also, just a stylistic critique...I didn't like the time-shifting between scenes as well as the shifting between theaters of battle. Should've kept it linear in my mind

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Is there a tie-in that explains where She-Hulk, Strange and the others got their weapons? Jen in particular looks like she's wielding a replica of the "meat tenderizer" hammer that Worthy Thing used in Fear Itself. And she's calling herself a "Thor" now, whether informally or not?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

So, what kind of Thor is going to emerge from the sacrifice? A Rune powered one? Kind of similar from what we got before?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Is there a tie-in that explains where She-Hulk, Strange and the others got their weapons? Jen in particular looks like she's wielding a replica of the "meat tenderizer" hammer that Worthy Thing used in Fear Itself. And she's calling herself a "Thor" now, whether informally or not?
    Jennifer was using one of the Thunder Guard hammers.
    They were a special group of soldiers that used enchanted hammers (all looking the same) to fight. They were beating up Jane Thor and could control their hammers to fly and come back when called

BANNED

Man, this War of the Realms issue was so good........up until the last page which ruined it all, I can already see Jane being the hero of this event and once more eclipsing the real Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Man, this War of the Realms issue was so good........up until the last page which ruined it all, I can already see Jane being the hero of this event and once more eclipsing the real Thor.
    It was a let down. Even though I suspect that the (REAL) Thor coming up from the sacrifice in Yggdrasil is gonna be something else!

Extraordinary Member

Something about no man can kill the witch king or something, right? I'm fine with this, somewhere along the way of picking up Aaron's Thor on on and off the idea that humans are above the asgardian gods has been hammered on over and over that at least it is consistent.

I just wish these 5 issues of this event bothered to actually tell something of a story to justify this ending, or any ending really. And I still hate these final pages that I don't care how smart everyone thinks they are, suck as last pages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It was a let down. Even though I suspect that the (REAL) Thor coming up from the sacrifice in Yggdrasil is gonna be something else!
    Wait till he gets outshined by Jane

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Something about no man can kill the witch king or something, right? I'm fine with this, somewhere along the way of picking up Aaron's Thor on on and off the idea that humans are above the asgardian gods has been hammered on over and over that at least it is consistent.

I just wish these 5 issues of this event bothered to actually tell something of a story to justify this ending, or any ending really. And I still hate these final pages that I don't care how smart everyone thinks they are, suck as last pages.
    Yes, Aaron can't miss any opportunity to remark how superior humans are to the gods, any gods.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    She-Hulk is over in The Dark Elf Realm mini-series. So it might be explained there.

Wait till he gets outshined by Jane
    Or he gets thor-force rune Thor and kick ass.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

it seems he has his regular lightning power but only to a higher level.

Yes, Aaron can't miss any opportunity to remark how superior humans are to the gods, any gods.
    And he's right there, at least if we go by the revealed final potential of humans with examples in the likes of Franklin Richards.

Gods are static and unchanging, humans evolve.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    And he's right there, at least if we go by the revealed final potential of humans with examples in the likes of Franklin Richards.

Gods are static and unchanging, humans evolve.
    Humans got a bunch of powerful subspecies that are results of alien interference. "Humans evolve" is a kinda weak claim since humans don't evolve on their own.
    They receive their genetic juice from Celestials, Kree, etc.
    Also Gods do evolve, the current Earth Pantheon are born from dead Elder Gods' energy, they evolve by death and rebirth.(Ragnorak for Norse gods.)

I don’t think that is where we are going. Aaron seems to be leaning heavily into Thor as a messiah for the gods. A paragon for the other deities to redeem them and show them the way to be worthy. This is unlikely to be a retread of Rune Thor.

There are still quite a few ways this could go. Does Thor end up with the Ultimate Hammer for example. Does Jane die. Is the new status quo some kind of new role for Thor as protector of the realms. Do we get time traveling Thors again. Will Mjölnir return in this story or in the remaining Thor issues. Is Malekith rebound, somehow killed or neutralised, or is he healed in some way. How will this symbiote sword play into the story. Is it important and equivalent to the Necrosword. Is it actually that sword that will go on to precipitate the whole Aaron run or is it just a nod to the beginning of this tale. Will Odin and Freyja need to work together to use the Odinforce.

There are so many thematic elements in the mix it is no wonder Aaron is not quite finished with Thor yet.