Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1265

Pretty sure there is no ‘humans are better than gods’ subtext here. It has always been about whether the gods are worthy of worship or respect. Whether they will step up and actually have a place in the universe that means something, or just stay mythical aliens that are hard to kill and make excuses to not get involved.

Nobody has ever hinted that humans are more powerful, just that the gods have not been a force for good.

The question shouldn’t be ‘why isn’t Odin stronger in this story’ it should be ‘why was he strong in any story’ in other words what has Odin done to deserve his power. We had a hint a while back that he actually made Earth despite canon usually suggesting Earth and humanity came first. Then recently there was a throwaway comment suggesting he remade the Earth. That maybe it was destroyed. That could potentially elevate Odin’s importance, but if he did this why has he kept quiet about that? I imagine we might get some insight into this in Avengers.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-06-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    So, when Jane says that she knows that Thor is trying to find the answer to Malekith's challenge, because she heard the challenge herself, what issue is this in? I re-read all the WoR issues and there was never a scene where Thor, Jane, and Malekith's were all together. It must've been in some previous issue of Thor (or a tie-in, less likely) but I don't recall. Can anyone weigh in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Also, just a stylistic critique...I didn't like the time-shifting between scenes as well as the shifting between theaters of battle. Should've kept it linear in my mind
    Well it may be the time shifting that is confusing you about Jane hearing Malekith. But the point of the issue is expressed partly in that structure. We see Thor apparently looking for an answer, then we see Jane talking about hearing a challenge then we hear the challenge across both timeframes.

The structure allows it to be simultaneous in the story. Thor is hanging there reflecting upon the challenge, Jane has heard the challenge, but the challenge is made in that last sequence.

Malekith calls out to Thor, effectively saying ‘me and you Thor let’s settle this between us’ and figuratively he wasn’t being specific enough. Jane still has thunder in her veins as it were.

It seems even Ultimate Mjölnir heard the call, because Volstagg could hear the hammer calling out for someone.

It feels a little like The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe. That’s probably deliberate.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-06-2019 at 12:51 AM.

yeah, ofc.

Odinforce is connected to Odin's boner for Freyja.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-06-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, ofc.

Odinforce is connected to Odin's boner for Freyja
    Ha ha. Will you be writing the erotic fan fiction for this?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Ha ha. Will you be writing the erotic fan fiction for this?
    if you keep giving me those crazy ideas then maybe I will.

if you keep giving me those crazy ideas then maybe I will.
    Oh man. You left it hanging. That was a straight line. You were supposed to say “No need Aaron already is!”

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Oh man. You left it hanging. That was a straight line. You were supposed to say “No need Aaron already is!”
    honestly, if he does that then he surpassed all my disappointments thus far.

Amazing Member

jane: "asgard is mine"

yup, like for many of you, another good issue of the event is just ruined by the stain of jane foster... have to make sure she is worshipped and called the all-mother at all times, ensure she out-shines Thor and I'm pretty sure will be the one to end this war and not Thor cause fck Thor, it's only about jane foster for aaron.

Next up, if Odin dies, jane is getting the odinforce and will be the one to grant permission to Thor to inherit the force~
    __________________________________________________ _______________

'humans are better than gods’

nah, the context of the Thor mythos since aaron took over has been: 'jane foster is better than any god'
    Last edited by voidox; 06-06-2019 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post

yup, like for many of you, yet again a good issue of the event is just ruined by the stain of jane foster... have to make sure she is worshipped and called the all-mother at all times, ensure she out-shines Thor and I'm pretty sure will be the one to end this war and not Thor cause fck Thor, it's only about jane foster for aaron.
    Thor screen-nuked a planet while bricking all around it like Superman, singlehandedly won a Frost Giant Zerg Rush, and has crucified himself upside-down inside of the goddamn sun.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

yup, like for many of you, another good issue of the event is just ruined by the stain of jane foster... have to make sure she is worshipped and called the all-mother at all times, ensure she out-shines Thor and I'm pretty sure will be the one to end this war and not Thor cause fck Thor, it's only about jane foster for aaron.

Next up, if Odin dies, jane is getting the odinforce and will be the one to grant permission to Thor to inherit the force~
    __________________________________________________ _______________

'humans are better than gods’

nah, the context of the Thor mythos since aaron took over has been: 'jane foster is better than any god'
    true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Odinforce was actually meant to be Jane's and that it was prophesied millions of years ago that it would suit her the best.

Amazing Member

true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Odinforce was actually meant to be Jane's and that it was prophesied millions of years ago that it would suit her the best.
    indeed, when Odin got the force we'll learn of the secret prophecy that was whispered to him "you are just holding the power for the TRUE god of all gods"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Thor screen-nuked a planet while bricking all around it like Superman, singlehandedly won a Frost Giant Zerg Rush, and has crucified himself upside-down inside of the goddamn sun.
    great feats by the God of Thunder indeed, great to see.... but ultimately meant nothing as we will see jane "aaron's pet" foster be the one to find the solution Thor's seeking by just being her~

indeed, when Odin got the force we'll learn of the secret prophecy that was whispered to him "you are just holding the power for the TRUE god of all gods"
    WoW imagine the storm if that happened.

btw, I should stop joking around because every time I threw something here it actually happens.

when I joked that Odin will get wrekted by fodders who are getting stomped by Punisher, Wolverine and Cap, it happened.

when I joked that Jane will be a Valkyrie in the upcoming Valkyrie series, it happened.

when I joked that Jane will become the All-Mother, it happened.

there were others but this were the major ones.

I believe Aaron is secretly reading this thread.

I should stop joking about it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Jennifer was using one of the Thunder Guard hammers.
    Thanks for that. I did a search and read on Marvel Unlimited Mighty Thor #1 where they first appeared… and where the War of the Realms started with the invasion of Alfheim. It also shows that Jane was involved in the war almost from the start, so what Aaron is doing here now with Jane is carrying her involvement to its conclusion. As she joined the War as Thor, it seems she will exit the War as Thor.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

WoW imagine the storm if that happened.

btw, I should stop joking around because every time I threw something here it actually happens.

when I joked that Odin will get wrekted by fodders who are getting stomped by Punisher, Wolverine and Cap, it happened.

when I joked that Jane will be a Valkyrie in the upcoming Valkyrie series, it happened.

when I joked that Jane will become the All-Mother, it happened.

there were others but this were the major ones.

I believe Aaron is secretly reading this thread.

predict the end. that will be the ultimate test!!!! lol

Amazing Member

oh god.... quick make jokes in the other way to turn things around!