Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1265

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    predict the end. that will be the ultimate test!!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    oh god.... quick make jokes in the other way to turn things around!
    fine.

Thor will beat Malekith alone with no assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Thor screen-nuked a planet while bricking all around it like Superman, singlehandedly won a Frost Giant Zerg Rush, and has crucified himself upside-down inside of the goddamn sun.
    It’s not worth trying to convince them. For some greatness is obvious, for some it takes a couple of years to admit what we had was good, for some nothing will ever compete with 30 Years ago and no story will be good enough. They await a saviour to write a perfect story and all the while they ready their nails and hammers and crucify anyone who tries.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-06-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Thanks for that. I did a search and read on Marvel Unlimited Mighty Thor #1 where they first appeared… and where the War of the Realms started with the invasion of Alfheim. It also shows that Jane was involved in the war almost from the start, so what Aaron is doing here now with Jane is carrying her involvement to its conclusion. As she joined the War as Thor, it seems she will exit the War as Thor.
    Yep. That’s the size of it. As I was saying in the Thor appreciation thread, it’s her war. Complaining about that now seems a bit odd when it was always hers.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    predict the end. that will be the ultimate test!!!! lol
    Except we are in the endgame now. Most things are reasonably easy to predict. All of those things are plot anyway. What the story is trying to achieve with Asgard and Thor is the point. The end will be the position we are in. What place the gods have and their utility in the stories to come.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It’s not worth trying to convince them.
    convince us of what? that we should all just blindly like and worship her? that we should all be cool with aaron pushing/forcing jane into being one of the most important characters in the Thor mythos? are we not allowed to have our own opinion? and are you seriously generalising our issues with jane as also hating every single thing about the rest of the event and story? -_-

For some greatness is obvious, for some it takes a couple of years to admit what we had was good, for some nothing will ever compete with 30 Years ago and no story will be good enough.
    greatness, LOOOOL, love how when ppl defend things they act like they are 100% correct and all opposing views are wrong

though sure, this point is not entirely wrong as a commentary of comic fans in a general look at what people like and don't like~

They await a saviour to write a perfect story and all the while they ready their nails and hammers and crucify anyone who tries.
    perfect story? nah mate, there is no perfect story and no one is asking for that... what we want is a writer to write and focus on THOR and not fcking jane foster :/

also is it really so much to ask for a writer who can extend that to also respecting the existing thor mythos, respect various supporting characters in the Thor mythos, respect those character's personalities/history/powers and so on~

Yep. That’s the size of it. As I was saying in the Thor appreciation thread, it’s her war. Complaining about that now seems a bit odd when it was always hers.
    her war? wut???

you just going to ignore what Malekith's done to so many others? ignore how the other realms (and the people of those realms) are involved? ignore how other major (and minor) characters are involved? ignore how so many characters have actual personal history with malekith? ignore how he doesn't really care for jane and is focused on Thor?

this war of the realms is in no way jane's war.... her being around at the announcement just means she's involved in it like so many others, Malekith announced his war with all the REALMS, not jane... and technically, the 'start' of malekith's war was when Thor went to deal with him when malekith got free and started his civil war with the other elves, started gathering his allies and his formation of the dark council

also jane was not the only character (during her run) going around and dealing with the various realms/people/places/situations of the war~
    Last edited by voidox; 06-06-2019 at 07:47 AM.

convince us of what? that we should all just blindly like and worship jane the way aaron does and seemingly you do? are we not allowed to have our own opinion? and are you seriously generalising all the issue we have with jane as also hating every single thing about the rest of the event and story? -_-
    I am categorically not saying that you or anyone else should like it if they have read it and found it isn’t to their taste. I am making a point about not having this argument now. It’s already years old. Luckily the story was so successful it has lasted that long.

It isn’t worth trying to convince someone that thinks Aaron is deliberately elevating Jane over Thor that they are wrong. He obviously isn’t doing that. I understand why to some it might look like that but arguing about it is cyclical. I should know, I tried.

I don’t care who likes it. I like it. I know an awful lot of others do too. I could argue that I would like it if they didn’t but I wouldn’t have been able to read it if they didn’t because the book has been carried by people buying it.

greatness, LOOOOL, love how when ppl defend things they act like they are 100% correct and all opposing views are wrong
    It has lasted the test of time. No other run has lasted this long for decades. That makes it one of the greats quantitively. Many critics are also lauding it as qualitatively great. As am I. But that’s not objective. Neither is saying it is rubbish objective. Seems unlikely given the quantitative evidence though. Aaron clearly did something right.

perfect story? nah mate, there is no perfect story and no one is asking for that... what we want is a writer to write and focus on THOR and not fcking jane foster~
    Why exactly? What was so wrong with Jane being Thor? It was still Thor. She tuned into a goddess and kicked butt. Sounds very much like Thor to me. I loved it. It was good Thor comics. It still is. Some of the best Thor comics ever written IMO have been written this year.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-06-2019 at 07:53 AM.

I don’t think that is where we are going. Aaron seems to be leaning heavily into Thor as a messiah for the gods. A paragon for the other deities to redeem them and show them the way to be worthy. This is unlikely to be a retread of Rune Thor.

There are still quite a few ways this could go. Does Thor end up with the Ultimate Hammer for example. Does Jane die. Is the new status quo some kind of new role for Thor as protector of the realms. Do we get time traveling Thors again. Will Mjölnir return in this story or in the remaining Thor issues. Is Malekith rebound, somehow killed or neutralised, or is he healed in some way. How will this symbiote sword play into the story. Is it important and equivalent to the Necrosword. Is it actually that sword that will go on to precipitate the whole Aaron run or is it just a nod to the beginning of this tale. Will Odin and Freyja need to work together to use the Odinforce.

There are so many thematic elements in the mix it is no wonder Aaron is not quite finished with Thor yet.

I was wondering If somehow the Ebony Blade + Venom sword somehow would get lost in time and become All Black.

Certainly the Time Thor's are coming next issue, they're on the cover. Curious to see how Aaron brings back Mjolnir-- it almost certainly will happen. Current Thor now has the Destroyer arm, just like Old King Thor. The hammer is all that remains (besides a missing eye-- could he sacrifice that at the World Tree just like Odin?)

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I was wondering If somehow the Ebony Blade + Venom sword somehow would get lost in time and become All Black.

Certainly the Time Thor's are coming next issue, they're on the cover. Curious to see how Aaron brings back Mjolnir-- it almost certainly will happen. Current Thor now has the Destroyer arm, just like Old King Thor. The hammer is all that remains (besides a missing eye-- could he sacrifice that at the World Tree just like Odin?)
    Possibly. The thing about the Odin sacrifice is it isn’t very well documented in myth. So for a writer all bets are off as to what this kind of sacrifice means and how it is done. I mean, most scholars say Yggdrasil means Odin’s Mount, so whenever I hear the name I always wonder what was it really called. What was it’s name other than as an allusion to Odin’s sacrifice. Or to put it another way, before he hung on it.

But it seems to me Aaron is focusing on Christ anyway. Dying to redeem the Original Sin as it were. His story isn’t the war. His story is about being worthy. So hopefully he will gain some insight into gods and their place in things.

I would have thought it would be a little odd to pretty much turn Thor into who he will be at the end of time. That way we don’t have any change. Unless Aaron is about to throw a reset switch on his far future in some way. Guess we will see very soon.

her war? wut???
    It’s her war because she was the one who took up the call to action. The war is her story. Malekith is her antagonist. It’s her story. In the same way a huge part of The Lord of the Rings is Frodo’s War.

Amazing Member

sorry, I was making some edits to my original comment while you were replying, just an fyi~ also apologise for incoming text xD

I am categorically not saying that you or anyone else should like it if they have read it and found it isn’t to their taste. I am making a point about not having this argument now. It’s already years old. Luckily the story was so successful it has lasted that long.
    um, I think you're not sure what the issues people have are... you seem to be talking about the war of the realms event when I'm talking about jane

but putting that aside, no, (not just talking jane here btw) in general, there is never a point where an argument or issues cannot be bought up. People are free to dislike and voice their opinions about a story for as long as they like mate, good or bad as that is, gotta just accept it~

It isn’t worth trying to convince someone that thinks Aaron is deliberately elevating Jane over Thor that they are wrong. He obviously isn’t doing that. I understand why to some it might look like that but arguing about it is cyclical.
    LOL, how can you say he is "obviously" not doing that? are you just ignoring what's happened and been going on in the Thor mythos or are you just ignoring the criticisms and points people bring up? I mean, you yourself say "I understand why to some it might look"... so clearly it is not "obvious"

and sure, I'll bite here, so let's take a very recent example of this: Freyja ignored lady sif STANDING RIGHT THERE to make jane the all-mother cause jane has "the wisdom"... I'm sorry, but in no way, shape or time is Jane the better choice for holding the all-mother mantle DURING A WAR than sif, sorry but nope.

I don’t care who likes it. I like it. I know an awful lot of others do too. I could argue that I would like it if they didn’t but I wouldn’t have been able to read it if they didn’t because the book has been carried by people buying it.
    the same way you are free to like it, and I've yet to see someone attack you for liking it, we are free to dislike things

and no, event books sell like hotcakes regardless of people liking it or not.... event tie-in books also do well, it's one of the rare ways Marvel comics can actually sell issues, events and tie-in books~

it has lasted the test of time. No other fun has lasted this long for decades. That makes it one of the greats quantitively.
    what has lasted the test of time? you're being too general in your reply mate :/

Now I'm going to assume you mean Aaron's run on Thor... and no, lasting long =/= greatness, we have other writers who have spent many years on a character/run and are not auto-greats. And just like those runs, Aaron's run on Thor has had its ups and downs and just... the whole greatness talk comes from looking at the run itself in what was written, sales, fan reactions. comparison to older runs and so on.

All you've said here is that IN YOUR OPINION aaron's run on thor is one of the greats, while imo, it is not and so I don't know why you would bring this up as some sort of relevant point.

Why exactly? What was so wrong with Jane being Thor? It was still Thor. She tuned into a goddess and kicked butt. Sounds very much like Thor to me. I loved it. It was good Thor comics. It still is. Some of the best Thor comics ever written IMO have been written this year.
    if you bothered reading any of the issues we have, no one (at least here and not by me) is bringing up an issue of Jane becoming Thor, hell I doubt anyone has a problem with the concept or idea of Jane being Thor for a while and her run as thor was... fine... now it had problems and I hate some of the things done to certain characters, existing lore, retcons, story beats, powers and so on... but as a whole it was a solid run of 3-ish years (I loved jane's thor design and her valk design is also awesome).

Some of the best Thor comics, ehhhh I hard disagree on that, if we were to have a top 10 thor runs, I'd be fine putting Jane thor in the top 10, not top 5 but this is a whole other discussion~

Now back to the issues we have now, putting aside the problems when she was Thor, the issues coming up here are more about after her run's ending. We hate how Aaron has continued to push jane more and more into the thor mythos and has said fck all to established history, logic, characters and so on in favour of forcing his pet jane. Again, I can go into the specifics of this but so many people have already commented about it before in many places~

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I haven’t been reading Venom. But everyone seems convinced it is that too and that they are the same. But these are the same wikis that claim all sorts of things that I don’t recognise from reading Thor so I may just have to read Venom. Not looking forward to that though.

Well my Mjölnir timeloop theory is still looking solid.

Amazing Member

It’s her war because she was the one who took up the call to action. The war is her story. Malekith is her antagonist. It’s her story.
    lol no, Malekith is THOR's antagonist and when he originally got free, it was THOR who went to deal with him and the whole civil war, dark council stuff. Hell, how many times has Malekith even talked to jane?

and Malekith's announcement of the war was with the massacre of the light elves and throwing their bodies towards earth with the words etched to their bodies, after which the council convenes to talk about it and all that. It was a war against ALL realms... I don't think even Aaron has ever made the War of the Realms to being only about jane or "her story"

and are you really suggesting jane was the only one who took up the call to action? That this entire war of the realms is "her story"? Sure many were indeed intentionally skeptical to the threat and not wanting to involve themselves and she was one of the ones to look for action against him... but are you ignoring what Malekith did to other realms and characters? You ignoring how Thor, War Thor, Loki, Aelsa, League of Realms (as example of other characters, I could go on with so many more) were involved and in action?

I really don't see how you can be serious about singling out Jane and this being her war and making this a Malekith vs Jane -_-

In the same way a huge part of The Lord of the Rings is Frodo’s War..
    what? LOTR is not "a large part about frodo's war"... what do you even mean by frodo's war? and Frodo had a part, important ass part, but he was still only just a part, you can't seriously be ignoring the other fellowship characters and people of rohan/minas tirith, elves, wizards and so on.
    Last edited by voidox; 06-06-2019 at 08:52 AM.

um, I think you're not sure what the issues people have are... you seem to be talking about the war of the realms event when I'm talking about jane
    I have literally been arguing since before Jane lifted the hammer that it was going to be a great story that would sort out Thor once and for all. I knew full well many old time fans would kick and scream all the way but that's fans generally. Now, looking back I think that's what he has mostly done. He used Jane to get here. looking back fans have kicked and screamed a lot. Some of them at me for daring to suggest they were good Thor comics.

but putting that aside, no, (not just talking jane here btw) in general, there is never a point where an argument or issues cannot be bought up. People are free to dislike and voice their opinions about a story for as long as they like mate, good or bad as that is, gotta just accept it~
    Never said anything to the contrary. I just don't think its worth having the argument now. Not after this long. You can if you want. I might even chip in, but its a dead argument. The deed was done in 2014. It has been successful.

and sure, I'll bite here
    Not trying to make you bite. Not biting back.

and I've yet to see someone attack you for liking it, we are free to dislike things
    I have the scars my friend. I made a thread for most of the Jane as Thor books one by one and had to battle to keep them on topic and not go down this exact route every time. I was attacked every step of the way. Sometimes in a friendly way, sometimes in a respectful way, often in an exasperated way, occasionally in a nasty way.

if you bothered reading any of the issues we have
    I have been reading the points for five years. I know what they are. I think they are somewhat misguided arguments but hey its an opinion.

We hate how Aaron has continued to push jane more and more into the thor mythos and has said fck all to established history, logic, characters and so on in favour of forcing his pet jane. Again, I can go into the specifics of this but so many people have already commented about it before in many places~
    Well there is actually a solution. Stop reading it like that. There is another way to read it. I am the proof of that.

He is writing a story about Thor Odinson's worthiness and for a long while that was the story of a mortal lifting the hammer as a way of examining what worthiness is. As to "out of character" that's all totally perspective. Do you honestly think Aaron hasn't got a handle on continuity by now? What I have been reading these last six years since he picked up his pen on God of Thunder has been respectful of continuity. That's my well researched opinion.

We don't get to say that Aaron hates Thor. That's his opinion. Only he can tell you how he thinks of Thor, and from where I am standing he looks like a Thor fan.

and are you really suggesting jane was the only one who took up the call to action? .
    She was right there on that very day doing that. Thus began the story of the War. A bad guy and a good guy who happened to be a girl. Not sure why you want to argue that point. That is how stories work.

Amazing Member

I have literally been arguing since before Jane lifted the hammer that it was going to be a great story that would sort out Thor once and for all. I knew full well many old time fans would kick and scream all the way but that's fans generally. Now, looking back I think that's what he has mostly done. He used Jane to get here. looking back fans have kicked and screamed a lot. Some of them at me for daring to suggest they were good Thor comics.
    okay, so here ur talking about since Jane first picked up the hammer, k. Still doesn't address my point but cool that you were so positive since the beginning~

as a side note though, used Jane? replace jane foster with any character taking up Thor's hammer... hell, keep the story with Thor and we'd end up in the same place... don't see how Jane is special in any way.

Never said anything to the contrary. I just don't think its worth having the argument now. Not after this long. You can if you want. I might even chip in, but its a dead argument. The deed was done in 2014. It has been successful
    lol, dude, what are you talking about here? I said people's issue with Jane right now are looking at her post-thor run and involvement with the current war of the realms event, not her time as thor.

and no.... it may be a dead argument for you, but for many others, they can still talk about the jane thor run and their problems with it~

I have the scars my friend. I made a thread for most of the Jane as Thor books one by one and had to battle to keep them on topic and not go down this exact route every time. I was attacked every step of the way. Sometimes in a friendly way, sometimes in a respectful way, often in an exasperated way, occasionally in a nasty way.
    ya, I wasn't around in the forum back then but I can imagine some people being nasty about jane thor, those people really did just hate literally everything about the run and couldn't accept there was some good in it and that overall, jane thor was a solid run

I'm just glad to see that in this thread, everyone I've seen with issues is not resorting to glutting or calling out people defending jane~

I have been reading the points for five years. I know what they are. I think they are somewhat misguided arguments but hey its an opinion.
    again, I did mention jane thor run but I pointed out that issues currently being brought up (in this thread) are about war of the realms event and her involvement here, so you would need to read and address these... not old points.

Well there is actually a solution. Stop reading it like that. There is another way to read it. I am the proof of that.
    um.... what? stop reading things in the way I understand them???

you are proof of someone who likes what aaron is doing with jane, this does not change what he's doing with her which is what we don't like.

He is writing a story about Thor Odinson's worthiness and for a long while that was the story of a mortal lifting the hammer as a way of examining what worthiness is.
    indeed, never said anything about that but ya, that is indeed part of what aaron's been writing about. Granted, I don't think he's done a very good job at exploring this but it is indeed part of his run.

As to "out of character" that's all totally perspective. Do you honestly think Aaron hasn't got a handle on continuity by now? What I have been reading these last six years since he picked up his pen on God of Thunder has been respectful of continuity. That's my well researched opinion.
    i mean, I never brought up OOC... when I mentioned characters, I meant how aaron has pushed jane at the expense/instead of other characters that would made million times more sense in the context of the thor mythos~ Though there have indeed been some characters that have been acting very much out of character and treated without respect by aaron. That is my well researched opinion

We don't get to say that Aaron hates Thor. That's his opinion. Only he can tell you how he thinks of Thor, and from where I am standing he looks like a Thor fan.
    lol sure, I never said Aaron hates thor... just that in the face of how hard aaron favours and pushes jane, isn't that much of a stretch to say he's a jane foster fan than a thor fan xD