Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1265
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superior Spider-Man had a mistake in it. Otto and the West Coast Avengers encounter the Land of Giants Strikeforce team. Cap asks Clint who his new friends are. He didn't know that there was a new West Coast Avengers.... except he did, as he angrily phoned Kate about it during their series!
    Can we pretend the phone instance was Mystique pretending to be Cap? Not like there isn't current precedent for her doing that.

Steve forgot Kate's team roster because kids are weird.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well I would certainly love to see a woman writing Thor for a while. He has almost exclusively been written by men for a very long while. Off the top of my head I can only think of a few shorts in anthologies. However it is the idea of Simone writing Iron Man that I am excited by.

Marvel have struggled to make the Iron Man books resonate with the movies, (note I don’t mean direct synergy here) and yet within a couple of pages Simone produced a comic book Tony that felt far closer to that character without being that character. Or to put it another way, she achieved what Bendis and Marvel at the time only said they wanted to do in significantly less space.
    Simone on Iron Man long term would be great. She has a snarky, dark sense of humor that would fit Tony very well.

I think Aaron really stuck the landing. The main characters are all in new and interesting places and the next writer has so much to work off of. He followed campsite rules and left things in the same or better shape than he found them.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the run in a long form now that it's about over.. although I guess you'll wait until King Thorr wraps up.

Astonishing Member

It ended better than I thought it might, certainly

Was it worth the wait of these many years, for me personally not at all, no where near

but I'm optimistic that it can get back on track for my personal perspective

A much better ending than most events get and I'll be happy to have a look in trade

BANNED

Very satisfying end to this event. And blessed with some of Dauterman's most stunning pages. Good stuff all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Very satisfying end to this event. And blessed with some of Dauterman's most stunning pages. Good stuff all around.
    I concur. It was a satisfying ending. I found myself exhausted (in a good way) after reading it, like I really got my money's worth. Epic battles, epic character development, just everything felt really, really epic. Further more, it felt like Thor REALLY earned his new status quo. Basically the issue used old elements, tied up certain elements, and set the stage for new elements.

Overall, just a great issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wish I could change my username to King-of-The-Snowflakes.

I almost spit coffee all over my iPad when Carol showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the run in a long form now that it's about over.. although I guess you'll wait until King Thorr wraps up.
    Certainly at this early stage I am intrigued by the new status quo of
    spoilers:
    All-Father Thor
    end of spoilers

I was clearly not expecting it and actively suggested in this thread that it wouldn’t happen. Admittedly it happened in a different way, and a very emotionally satisfying and character affirming manner.

Essentially, Aaron has taken what I was expecting, some kind of ‘Protector of the Realms’ role for the character, and given that a more natural title. The general nature of that role is something I was expecting, the specific isn’t. Indeed I wouldn’t be at all surprised if after trying it on for size he rejects it. Although that may be something that depends on conversations he has probably already had with the next writer and the editors.

The idea of Thor accepting his unworthy nature was something I didn’t have the nerve to suggest on these forums, after-all many have railed against the very idea of him not being worthy in the first place, and it is a cue for arguments I am tired of having. Clearly Aaron has more courage in his convictions. It’s a little bit of a mind twister that may need more exploration in the Omega issue and the forthcoming King Thor. It was always an option though. His issue was always psychological, and it needed a psychological solution. Does accepting ones own unworthiness but standing up for those who are unworthy define Thor now? Is this what makes him worthy? I guess that’s a question and a premise for more story.

On a small note, I like the way the inscription is now a gender neutral phrase, and I laughed when Ulik the ‘well named’ Troll voiced the ‘name not legacy’ claims in Avengers. It seems Aaron is equally sick of that one.

It was equally affirming that Thor acknowledges Jane as ‘Goddess of Thunder’ which is an important nuance of her story that many keep ignoring. She is counted as Thor by the others and by Malekith’s magic. Seems pretty clear that she actually was Thor.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-27-2019 at 02:13 AM.

this is event was worse than Fear Itself.

Ultimate Member

I thought Malekith's death was especially tragic. Aaron had built up a dark sympathy for the villain, and to die in such a non cliche manner really pulls at the heart strings, regardless of what he's done.

*cough*

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    this is event was worse than Fear Itself.
    Well considering Fear Itself was pretty good...
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well considering Fear Itself was pretty good...
    yeah... outside of retcons and idiotic ass pulled Odin's brother.

it was trash when it comes to Thor mythos.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-27-2019 at 01:20 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No one read Fear Itself for plot. It was to see people get bodied.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Certainly at this early stage I am intrigued by the new status quo of
    spoilers:
    All-Father Thor
    end of spoilers

I was clearly not expecting it and actively suggested in this thread that it wouldn’t happen. Admittedly it happened in a different way, and a very emotionally satisfying and character affirming manner.

Essentially, Aaron has taken what I was expecting, some kind of ‘Protector of the Realms’ role for the character, and given that a more natural title. The general nature of that role is something I was expecting, the specific isn’t. Indeed I wouldn’t be at all surprised if after trying it on for size he rejects it. Although that may be something that depends on conversations he has probably already had with the next writer and the editors.

The idea of Thor accepting his unworthy nature was something I didn’t have the nerve to suggest on these forums, after-all many have railed against the very idea of him not being worthy in the first place, and it is a cue for arguments I am tired of having. Clearly Aaron has more courage in his convictions. It’s a little bit of a mind twister that may need more exploration in the Omega issue and the forthcoming King Thor. It was always an option though. His issue was always psychological, and it needed a psychological solution. Does accepting ones own unworthiness but standing up for those who are unworthy define Thor now? Is this what makes him worthy? I guess that’s a question and a premise for more story.

On a small note, I like the way the inscription is now a gender neutral phrase, and I laughed when Ulik the ‘well named’ Troll voiced the ‘name not legacy’ claims in Avengers. It seems Aaron is equally sick of that one.

It was equally affirming that Thor acknowledges Jane as ‘Goddess of Thunder’ which is an important nuance of her story that many keep ignoring. She is counted as Thor by the others and by Malekith’s magic. Seems pretty clear that she actually was Thor.
    I’m not sure what thor’s New status will mean for his role in the avengers, or why jane couldn’t go back to her Thor persona.

Good end. In terms of Marvel events it wasn't as bad as their last few attempts, and some of the tie ins were pretty good. Especially the Superior Spider-Man ones.