Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1265

I think Galactus is above most individual Celestials, though he rarely operates at a full tank.

Fully fed her is supposed to rival Eternity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Don't forget the Fourth Host! I think he had Uni-Mind with him too. They prevented the end of humanity, but they couldn't scratch the Celestials

Which brings up a good point. Does anyone know the Cosmic Hierarchy?

I assume it's

TOAA
    (*Beyonders)
    Living Tribunal (multiversal)
    Eternity (multiversal)
    Other abstracts
    Celestials
    Galactus
    Watchers
    Elder Gods
    Odin
    Other pantheons' gods

There's probably a lot im not accounting for
    Sure thing, iirc it was one of his first major losses and certainly helped define the skyfather power lever as well below so many celestials

Of course given he's stood against Galactus since, who is generally above a single celestial is a bit tricky

But that story certainly placed the space pantheon above the earth gods by some margin

Extraordinary Member

Don't forget the Fourth Host! I think he had Uni-Mind with him too. They prevented the end of humanity, but they couldn't scratch the Celestials

Which brings up a good point. Does anyone know the Cosmic Hierarchy?

I assume it's

TOAA
    (*Beyonders)
    Living Tribunal (multiversal)
    Eternity (multiversal)
    Other abstracts
    Celestials
    Galactus
    Watchers
    Elder Gods
    Odin
    Other pantheons' gods

There's probably a lot im not accounting for

The Celestials have been downgraded significantly since Thor 300. Even as soon as a Thor 387 Mjolnir could crack their Armor. Now Thor all by himself could kill one with his axe.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The Celestials have been downgraded significantly since Thor 300. Even as soon as a Thor 387 Mjolnir could crack their Armor. Now Thor all by himself could kill one with his axe.
    they did go back to their old power.

Avengers 1,000,000 didn't stood a chance against them.

Astonishing Member

Ish

Certainly the axe was made to be a specific weakness of theirs, but due Richards had done similar with her power iirc

The poor showing Vs the beyonders was very dire imo

k
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Ish

Certainly the axe was made to be a specific weakness of theirs, but due Richards had done similar with her power iirc

The poor showing Vs the beyonders was very dire imo
    Very clearly The Beyonders were being set up as the ultimate power. The Celestials wouldn’t stand a chance. Especially in ambush, which was what happened.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    k

Very clearly The Beyonders were being set up as the ultimate power. The Celestials wouldn’t stand a chance. Especially in ambush, which was what happened.
    And yet Thor and Hyperion managed to take down two Beyonders hand to hand. Thor, who could barely even make a dent in a Celestial the first time he encountered them.

No, the Celestials have been downgraded significantly. Which is kind of karmic payback, considering how Odin got nerfed for their benefit way back in Thor 300.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

And yet Thor and Hyperion managed to take down two Beyonders hand to hand. Thor, who could barely even make a dent in a Celestial the first time he encountered them.

No, the Celestials have been downgraded significantly. Which is kind of karmic payback, considering how Odin got nerfed for their benefit way back in Thor 300.
    Very much what I was thinking of,

Ultimate Member

Mjolnir cracked their armor, creating a small man-sized hole while Thor wore gloves and a belt that enhanced his strength, and went all out.

I remember that story, Thor went all out and still lost. I'd hardly call that arc nerfing them.

Though yeah, just an axe to kill one? Don't care how special, that's just poor writing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Mjolnir cracked their armor, creating a small man-sized hole while Thor wore gloves and a belt that enhanced his strength, and went all out.

I remember that story, Thor went all out and still lost. I'd hardly call that arc nerfing them.

Though yeah, just an axe to kill one? Don't care how special, that's just poor writing
    I loved the story of Thor breaking into exetar

Showed him as truly awesome, but still well outclassed

The reformation of mjolnir by the celestials as a mark of respect for Thor's bond with the weapon shows how truly wrong all this unworthy story has been about his relationship with it, including the idea for was right and even Thor being god of the unworthy

The celestials act in such matters even less than the watchers and are certainly on a par with their omniscience

Ultimate Member

The reformation of mjolnir by the celestials as a mark of respect for Thor's bond with the weapon shows how truly wrong all this unworthy story has been about his relationship with it, including the idea for was right and even Thor being god of the unworthy

The celestials act in such matters even less than the watchers and are certainly on a par with their omniscience
    There was a lot 'truly wrong' with the unworthy arc, but I'd argue that the best thing was that people need redemption for their actions, not for the opinion of others.

As far as I can tell, (amongst other things) Aaron's run has been about the idea that worthiness is a path and not a goal, something that must always be striven for. That's great...but you'd think Thor didn't need Gorr to comprehend that, given all that had transpired in his publication history

Astonishing Member

As far as I can tell, (amongst other things) Aaron's run has been about the idea that worthiness is a path and not a goal, something that must always be striven for. That's great...but you'd think Thor didn't need Gorr to comprehend that, given all that had transpired in his publication history
    Very much agree, he's always been on that journey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    There was a lot 'truly wrong' with the unworthy arc, but I'd argue that the best thing was that people need redemption for their actions, not for the opinion of others.
    What opinions do you refer too

Ultimate Member

What opinions do you refer too
    That 'Gorr was right'

That's a matter of opinion