Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I wonder if the X-Men will be involved at all.
    I really hope not. I plan to shrink into X-Land and drop all the titles associated with this.

This comes at a bad time, as I've dropped most DC titles. I need some place to play!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

for all intents and purposes Wolverine is that bright light in the X-men Universe capable of holding his own title.

Therefore, the X-men are involved though Wolverine, but I doubt we see any other characters they like to play in their own sandbox and they are incredibly out of continuity right now.
    The J-man

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Unfortunately this true, though T'Challa is the type of leader who is front and center on the front lines, in this situation, i feel he would play more to his grandmaster chess player side..

Here's hoping we get See Wakanda and Die T'Challa/JA and not AvX T'Challa/JA
    I think they'll write it in a way that everyone has an opportunity to shine. Clearly there are quite a few brilliant leaders on that cover. Any one of them could play a huge role as the key tactician. Personally, I prefer T'Challa as the person who is always looking deeper than the others at what's going on behind the veil and trying to draw that out into the light. True evil is usually right in front of our eyes, but we can't see it because of the subterfuge and our own flawed priorities and perceptions.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Well, it feels like we are reading completely different things. I really can't see how you think he's like the movies, aside from kinda Ragnarok. Like, the only things he has are the appearance as mentioned, but that's superficial, and i guess maybe a closer relationship with Freyja. That's it. The rest stems from JIM, which as mentioned started before the movies were released. So i still really don't think any future changes will be related to the MCU at all.

And yes, a few have tried try to use his pre-Siege characterizations to explain his actions now. (It's not just in this thread, it's a general thing) And it just won't work. I dunno if you noticed, but the post you responded to, i wasn't even responding to you, so i dunno why you're taking it like i was addressing you personally.

And yes, he's PLAYING the bad guy. He's hamming it up, playing a part. But that's only on the surface. Scratch the surface just a tiny bit and you can see it's all just an act, rather than his true character. And more of what he's really like is starting to come through as time goes on, the Hel arc of Thor was a big one where he was overtly helping Thor against Malekith, for a start. (it even had themes of the brothers making incorrect assumptions about each other based on how they were way back when rather than their current circumstances, much like some of the fans do) It was played at the start that he was doing so in order to get something, but then at the end all he took was a picture, revealing his true motivation there actually was to help.
    I did say it might not be my point idea you were commenting on, but you quoted me so I wasn't too sure, I can't say I've seen much said elsewhere so I couldn't say

I agree he isn't just a villain now, your summary is very sound imo, I simply prefer when he was more of a true villain

as for mcu, as I've said, we can see it differently, that's cool

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think they'll write it in a way that everyone has an opportunity to shine. Clearly there are quite a few brilliant leaders on that cover. Any one of them could play a huge role as the key tactician. Personally, I prefer T'Challa as the person who is always looking deeper than the others at what's going on behind the veil and trying to draw that out into the light. True evil is usually right in front of our eyes, but we can't see it because of the subterfuge and our own flawed priorities and perceptions.
    That's my favorite Tchalla too. The "leader in the shadows" if you will, the grandmaster chess player looking at the end game.

BANNED

Is it true that they have said its going to be a bigger event then Secret Wars based on scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Is it true that they have said its going to be a bigger event then Secret Wars based on scale?
    I have no idea why they compared it to Secret Wars as if the universe and most of the line are going to explode, or as if it's going to disrupt the MU more dramatically than Secret Empire. Probably just PR talk, but it would be cool if there's some big stuff that gives it greater differences from Surtur's New York invasion way back when.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Funny. Captain America rides in on a damn winged horse, and you want to talk about Black Panther being camera front and center. Well, here's a thought. In real life, most of the grunts and lower pawns are on the front lines. The leadership and men running the war are typically in the rear, if not completely removed from the battlefield altogether. So take another look at the picture and tell me who is in the front, down in trenches, and who is in back, elevated, aloof and giving the impression of being in command?
    yeah that's one way of looking at it but Aaron has black panther feature prominently in avengers with even Odin confessing his sins and shortcomings to the guy instead of his son so it's funny to watch who is in the forefront now seemingly leading the charge and who is in the background (though in center) almost receiving second billing in his own damn event. it seems you are ignorant of how Aaron always manages to elevate someone else in a thor comic except the books protagonist much like Coates did with the panther according to you. so don't be upset as I wasn't dissing the panther.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 11-19-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I can't get excited about line wide events anymore.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, how does Blade, Venom, the Punisher and Iron Fist (still wearing that damnable track suit) figure into this thing?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-20-2018 at 06:53 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, how does Blade, Venom, the Punisher and Iron Fist (still wearing that damnable track suit) figure into this thing?
    Earth is one of the realms. That's all the reason you need to get Earth heroes involved.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Earth is one of the realms. That's all the reason you need to get Earth heroes involved.
    Ahh, all hands on deck, eh? I got it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    so don't be upset as I wasn't dissing the panther.
    No worries, I wasn't upset. I'm not a big BP fan. I was simply pointing out that like all art the cover is subject to interpretation and we shouldn't be so quick to assume the worst based on that alone.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ahh, all hands on deck, eh? I got it.
    All hands on deck and yet somehow the X-Men are still absent, minding their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    All hands on deck and yet somehow the X-Men are still absent, minding their own business.
    To be fair, Age of X-Man might be going on at the same time.

Also, doesn't Wolverine count?