Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What about Ray and Nate?
    I dislike them both. Especially when they're together.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They didn't really fight all of the time, they'd bicker from time to time but not as much as some have stated that they did...I don't see Ron having a problem with a know it all, he has a problem with one that makes a point of it...I think that Hermione makes fun of his emotional range but not really his intelligence, she just at times doesn't have patience for those not on her level, that's not the most unique thing about him and Ron did show that he was a good strategist when he beat McGonagall's chess set, and remember that it's Harry's story so he had to be the one making the plan...and I don't remember any of the Slytherin's doing much good if any at all, I don't remember any of them being nice or good people, Slughorn has plenty of character flaws...

I disagree about things showing that they'd be a terrible couple, they fight less and less as the series goes on and Harry only yells at them when he's frustrated and upset about something else and their bickering is just the breaking point for him...
    He played chess...

My slytherine analogy was meant to be taken that way. Slytherine is the evil house. No matter how much Rowling and fans try to say otherwise. At the very least, they're all huge assholes. Same way Ron is just ordinary.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Agree with Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny...even JKR says she dropped the ball with that one.

Pete and Myka on Warehouse 13. They were fine as a bickering pair of friends/partners, but the decision to push them together romantically in the last episode was so stupid and contrived. They had no romantic chemistry at all, and they were obviously just shoved together because of the unbreakable TV trope that the male and female lead must always end up in the sack together.

Wasn't there a take on the Ron/Hermione relationship that pointed out that (realistically) it wouldn't last due to how they dont actually get on.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    When couples are put together by TPTB, it is with the hope that they will be liked by the audience. A lot of the time, that works. However, there are times when it fails horribly. No matter what they do, those couples are just hated.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Wasn't there a take on the Ron/Hermione relationship that pointed out that (realistically) it wouldn't last due to how they dont actually get on.
    Well once they calmed down in the fighting a bit they got along pretty well, and without Voldemort around and them knowing their feelings for each other a lot of the causes of their fights go away and they work quite well together imho...and Rowling seems to have changed her mind on a few things over the years so all of that should be taken with a grain of salt to me...

As for Pete and Myka, to me the romantic tension was always there from the very start, it was just a slow burn pairing that took it's time before happening, that both kind of felt it over the years but didn't act upon it until the end...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think I liked any of the couples in the Fox X-men movies.

This is a super dated couple from my childhood, but I never liked Rick Hunter and Ling Minmay from Robotech.

Specifically I just found Minmay annoying. She was kind of a tease, she was on the stupid side, and she even had this weird relationship with her cousin or whatever. The whole thing turned me off to them as a couple.

Course, given Rick ends up with Lisa maybe we weren't actually supposed to root for Rick and Minmay.

Marcos x Lorna (The Gifted)
    Chuck x Blair (Gossip Girl)
    Arizona x Callie (Grey's Anatomy)
    Oliver x Felicity (Arrow)
    Jack x Kate (Lost)
    Johnny x Marissa (The OC)
    Jughead x Betty (Riverdale)
    Artie x Brittany (Glee)

Ultimate Member

Nick and Adaline from Grimm.

She's his God damn rapist and generally all around selfish bitch, baby momma or not. 'Nuff said

Despite nine years of television proving otherwise, I think we were supposed to be charmed when Ted and Robin got together in the HIMYM series finale. It's probably the best example of a show outliving the original ending. If the show ended five to six year prior, this would have been the perfect ending, but it went on longer and I guess the writers were too arrogant to second guess their ending.

The whole Clark and Lana relationship from Smallville was especially painful to endure.

Ultimate Member

Well Ted and Robin belittled the actual mother to be nothing more than there to have the kids and die, it really defeated the whole purpose of the show and yeah they stretched it out for like 3 years to long...

Lana and Clark was messed with to much that damaged it on the show, when the writer were good to the pair they were great together...but beyond that...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well Ted and Robin belittled the actual mother to be nothing more than there to have the kids and die, it really defeated the whole purpose of the show and yeah they stretched it out for like 3 years to long...

Lana and Clark was messed with to much that damaged it on the show, when the writer were good to the pair they were great together...but beyond that...
    The ultimate problem with Lana and Clarke is that they were never really meant to be together. Everyone knows that Lois and Clarke are end game, so I think the writers had to balance between creating a relationship which hooked the show, but planting enough reasons through out to ensure that it believably wouldn't work in the end.

I disagree about Ted and Robin defeating the purpose of the show. The purpose of the show was actually to sell the Ted and Robin story. It's why the mother wasn't even really in it. She was a red herring to what it was actually about.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Perfect, she is worst character I can remember on a show that did not get rapidly jettisoned.