Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Yes but I'm sure this will be the last season.

Sounds perfect.

I hope they bring back Ghostrider. I like this series generally, but the Ghostrider stuff was easily the best this show's ever been in my opinion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I saw an article on Screen Rant claiming that Agents of SHIELD was more popular than the Netflix shows. Seemed farfetched to me honestly but I'm glad that it's coming back.

It's a better show than the netflix shows. When has something like this happened on a netflix marvel show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8aOTqt2pI

but no, the don't rock the boat marvel netflix shows wanted to stay LOW TO THE GROUND and go the low fantasy route of the marvel universe. Let's take most of the magic and fantastical elements and characters, and go in the other direction. Oh, let's add a show about the punisher, a mundane human with guns and military training, sh*t we could LITERALLY SEE in the real world.

Agents of shield is not ashamed of what it is. And it is better for it.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post

I don't think you're getting what this thread is saying, Season 6 Hasn't even started , it's already getting another season...

or was that sarcasm?!
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 11-16-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Niffleheim

Hooray! More tv content for Disney + (if it actually lands there) it aligns more to the mcu than the Netflix shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    It's a better show than the netflix shows. When has something like this happened on a netflix marvel show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8aOTqt2pI

but no, the don't rock the boat marvel netflix shows wanted to stay LOW TO THE GROUND and go the low fantasy route of the marvel universe. Let's take most of the magic and fantastical elements and characters, and go in the other direction. Oh, let's add a show about the punisher, a mundane human with guns and military training, sh*t we could LITERALLY SEE in the real world.

Agents of shield is not ashamed of what it is. And it is better for it.
    Legit question it feel good to get that off your chest?
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Legit question it feel good to get that off your chest?
    It always feels good. I have given the same rant multiple times. I'm getting sick of the toe dipping of netflix into getting into more genre shows. They still have no equivalent of game of thrones. altered carbon was a nice foray into more hard sci fi, but there is no expanse equivalent.

the gifted, legion, agents of shield, all of those shows are more expansive and out there in their embrace of the marvel universe than the netflix shows.

Mighty Member

This is good news. Of all the superhero shows currently on the air, this is the one that continues to deliver the goods season by season. This show shouldn't work. Look at all the absurd stuff they've thrown into this show: Hydra, Inhumans, Asgardians, Kree, Ghost Rider, portals through both space and time, the shattering of planet Earth, LMD's, a mind trip into a Matrix type cyberworld, Graviton, cybernetic limbs, ax shotguns, etc. It should be utterly ludicrous, and yet it all somehow works.

I can't wait to see what craziness the team finds themselves having to deal with next.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post

People have been saying that since season 1 ended. Still hasn't been relegated to the graveyard yet. To be fair, I thought season 6 would likely be its last. So the fact it got renewed, before 6 even begins, totally blindsided me.

BANNED

I'm think S7 will feature some mutants.Maybe a school will be name dropped.It'll clear the way for X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hope they bring back Ghostrider. I like this series generally, but the Ghostrider stuff was easily the best this show's ever been in my opinion.
    From what I understand, they cut Ghostrider out because the effects were to expensive. If true, he won't be back.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm glad it's been renewed ahead of S6. While an uneven series, it has proven to be unkillable in that it is better than most scifi/fantasy/action shows out there. IMO, it blows away anything on CW, and is better than all but Daredevil and Punisher for Netflix.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    From what I understand, they cut Ghostrider out because the effects were to expensive. If true, he won't be back.
    They would probably be too expensive if he was a series regular, but he was only ever intended for a single arc, which was budgeted for. If they bring him back it would most likely be for another arc, hopefully with the goal of spinning him off into his own (probably streaming) show.

It's hard to imagine why they would give the show a 2-season renewal if they were planning to crap out on the budget.

Coulson's current predicament is because of a deal he made with Ghost Rider. So it would make sense if one of the upcoming arcs involved contacting GR and trying to change the deal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    or was that sarcasm?!
    If you have to explain the joke....
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Aw phooey.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    They would probably be too expensive if he was a series regular, but he was only ever intended for a single arc, which was budgeted for. If they bring him back it would most likely be for another arc, hopefully with the goal of spinning him off into his own (probably streaming) show.

It's hard to imagine why they would give the show a 2-season renewal if they were planning to crap out on the budget.

Coulson's current predicament is because of a deal he made with Ghost Rider. So it would make sense if one of the upcoming arcs involved contacting GR and trying to change the deal.
    God I hope so, could use some more of that flame-chain wielding goodness. Maybe make the skull look a little more real human skull-y though, but that's a minor design flaw.