Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Default Agents of SHIELD renewed for season 7

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...inkId=59753432

The marvel show that just won’t die will be back another season

Good to hear, love that show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I saw an article on Screen Rant claiming that Agents of SHIELD was more popular than the Netflix shows. Seemed farfetched to me honestly but I'm glad that it's coming back.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

7?

What happened to season 6?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    7?

What happened to season 6?
    Starts summer 2019.

It just got renewed for another season before the new one airs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Starts summer 2019.

It just got renewed for another season before the new one airs.
    Which seems odd for a network show, but whatevs.

Anywho, is there anything anyone would particularly like to see for upcoming seasons?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I saw an article on Screen Rant claiming that Agents of SHIELD was more popular than the Netflix shows. Seemed farfetched to me honestly but I'm glad that it's coming back.

It's a better show than the netflix shows. When has something like this happened on a netflix marvel show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8aOTqt2pI

but no, the don't rock the boat marvel netflix shows wanted to stay LOW TO THE GROUND and go the low fantasy route of the marvel universe. Let's take most of the magic and fantastical elements and characters, and go in the other direction. Oh, let's add a show about the punisher, a mundane human with guns and military training, sh*t we could LITERALLY SEE in the real world.

Agents of shield is not ashamed of what it is. And it is better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    It's a better show than the netflix shows. When has something like this happened on a netflix marvel show?

but no, the don't rock the boat marvel netflix shows wanted to stay LOW TO THE GROUND and go the low fantasy route of the marvel universe. Let's take most of the magic and fantastical elements and characters, and go in the other direction. Oh, let's add a show about the punisher, a mundane human with guns and military training, sh*t we could LITERALLY SEE in the real world.

Legit question it feel good to get that off your chest?
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Legit question it feel good to get that off your chest?
    It always feels good. I have given the same rant multiple times. I'm getting sick of the toe dipping of netflix into getting into more genre shows. They still have no equivalent of game of thrones. altered carbon was a nice foray into more hard sci fi, but there is no expanse equivalent.

the gifted, legion, agents of shield, all of those shows are more expansive and out there in their embrace of the marvel universe than the netflix shows.

I love AoS but u seriously think Punisher is something we can see in real life? The premise is very grounded if thats what u mean but problem is if someone in real life tried to be the punisher they probaly be dead rather quickly. Maybe if all Frank killed was gangster but he spend have his show fighting people with the same training as him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I love AoS but u seriously think Punisher is something we can see in real life? The premise is very grounded if thats what u mean but problem is if someone in real life tried to be the punisher they probaly be dead rather quickly. Maybe if all Frank killed was gangster but he spend have his show fighting people with the same training as him.
    Punisher definitely has a sort of batman plot armor protecting his life and body, he should definitely be dead with all the abuse he's seen. But the main point is that the punisher is still low fantasy fare, the kind of show that was better than it had any right to be, but still trying hard not to be too out there based on the core subject matter.

Spectacular Member

I get that some people are into this kind of stuff, but to me it looks like every other CW-like "young adult drama, but with super powers." Is AoS even one of the better ones?

Also "literally see in the real world." Oh yeah, sure. I see that kind of stuff on a daily basis. I always kill a few mobsters in the morning as part of maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.