Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    It's a better show than the netflix shows. When has something like this happened on a netflix marvel show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8aOTqt2pI

but no, the don't rock the boat marvel netflix shows wanted to stay LOW TO THE GROUND and go the low fantasy route of the marvel universe. Let's take most of the magic and fantastical elements and characters, and go in the other direction. Oh, let's add a show about the punisher, a mundane human with guns and military training, sh*t we could LITERALLY SEE in the real world.

Agents of shield is not ashamed of what it is. And it is better for it.
    I love AoS but u seriously think Punisher is something we can see in real life? The premise is very grounded if thats what u mean but problem is if someone in real life tried to be the punisher they probaly be dead rather quickly. Maybe if all Frank killed was gangster but he spend have his show fighting people with the same training as him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I love AoS but u seriously think Punisher is something we can see in real life? The premise is very grounded if thats what u mean but problem is if someone in real life tried to be the punisher they probaly be dead rather quickly. Maybe if all Frank killed was gangster but he spend have his show fighting people with the same training as him.
    Punisher definitely has a sort of batman plot armor protecting his life and body, he should definitely be dead with all the abuse he's seen. But the main point is that the punisher is still low fantasy fare, the kind of show that was better than it had any right to be, but still trying hard not to be too out there based on the core subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Punisher definitely has a sort of batman plot armor protecting his life and body, he should definitely be dead with all the abuse he's seen. But the main point is that the punisher is still low fantasy fare, the kind of show that was better than it had any right to be, but still trying hard not to be too out there based on the core subject matter.
    Ok get what your saying. Also like batman Frank is unrealisticly skilled but in a way that's not really fantasy. We can convince ourself the right person with the dedication and willpower could be them.

Anyway yea I loved Punisher. I think Bernthal is amazing in the role. Like the little ticks and nuance he brings to Frank. Though I understand alot of people just see Shane from TWD I dont have that problem

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Because they want you to watch them on the Disney streaming service. Annoying... I like to have physical copies of my favorite shows.

Much as I love the show, the ratings are in the dumper and I'm kind of at a loss why they would do this. Must be something pretty specific, like a big overseas distribution deal. Or maybe they want to use it as a lab for potential new series. I think they would be dumb not to go for a Ghost Rider series, and a Secret Warriors series would be good too.
    You can order blu-ray copies of seasons 3-5 from Amazon UK. They are region free and will play on any blu-ray player.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I'm glad it's been renewed ahead of S6. While an uneven series, it has proven to be unkillable in that it is better than most scifi/fantasy/action shows out there. IMO, it blows away anything on CW, and is better than all but Daredevil and Punisher for Netflix.
    It's better than Daredevil....haven't seen Punisher yet but I'll bet it's better than show too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    It's better than Daredevil....haven't seen Punisher yet but I'll bet it's better than show too.
    I agree.
    Agents of shield is the best marvel comicbook superhero show and the best comicbook superhero show on tv.

By the way when i first saw season 1 of agents of shield i thought it was really good and exciting to watch from the beginning.
    Season 1 of aos is really good.
    It even has fresh RT scores and high RT scores from audiences and critics.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-19-2018 at 02:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Agents of SHIELD Is More Popular Than Any Marvel Netflix Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KnN_5GuGGE

Like I said, in my opinion. And Season 3 of Daredevil isn't thrilling me so far, with the exception of Kingpin. D'onofrio is spot on.

Another contender is The Gifted, which to me is better than the Netflix or CW shows. For me, AOS and TG are re-watchable, whereas the other shows are one-and-done.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Cant agree with you. I think Daredevil is the show that all others are measured by and nothing has taken its crown yet. All personal choice of course.

Extraordinary Member

Agents of SHIELD Renewed for Season 7 & More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4bGdxbLJc

BANNED

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Wonder if Davis and Piper are getting promoted to series regulars this year.

So I wonder who the Coulson dopellganger is. Seems to be an alien...maybe a Kree or Skrull (Perhaps tieing in with Captain Marvel?). Given the series's heavy involvement with the Kree I think it's possible.

Or could be Hive somehow survived and is using Coulson's body somehow like he did with Ward's.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Need to get caught up. I stopped watching around the time Talbot started to become Graviton. Did not see how that concluded

Ok watch season finale. Pretty emotional, especially the Fitz and Mac scene. Has this show acknowledged the snap at all? Arr they going to or are they doing they're own thing from here on? I'm cool either way just curious.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-02-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they bypassed the snap.

I'm wondering how this season will turn out because TBH I don't think the showrunners expected to get renewed and had to pull something out unexpectedly. At least they had plenty of time.