Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    It's a better show than the netflix shows. When has something like this happened on a netflix marvel show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8aOTqt2pI

but no, the don't rock the boat marvel netflix shows wanted to stay LOW TO THE GROUND and go the low fantasy route of the marvel universe. Let's take most of the magic and fantastical elements and characters, and go in the other direction. Oh, let's add a show about the punisher, a mundane human with guns and military training, sh*t we could LITERALLY SEE in the real world.

Agents of shield is not ashamed of what it is. And it is better for it.
    I get that some people are into this kind of stuff, but to me it looks like every other CW-like "young adult drama, but with super powers." Is AoS even one of the better ones?

Also "literally see in the real world." Oh yeah, sure. I see that kind of stuff on a daily basis. I always kill a few mobsters in the morning as part of maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm pretty sure they bypassed the snap.

I'm wondering how this season will turn out because TBH I don't think the showrunners expected to get renewed and had to pull something out unexpectedly. At least they had plenty of time.
    Apparently Jeph Loeb said Season 6 takes place one year after Season 5, so would be around a year into the snap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Need to get caught up. I stopped watching around the time Talbot started to become Graviton. Did not see how that concluded

Ok watch season finale. Pretty emotional, especially the Fitz and Mac scene. Has this show acknowledged the snap at all? Arr they going to or are they doing they're own thing from here on? I'm cool either way just curious.
    Last season ended before the snap, I think.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Last season ended before the snap, I think.
    Yes, the day that Maw and Cull arrived in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yes, the day that Maw and Cull arrived in New York.
    That's the thing that gets me. Graviton argued that he needed his powers to fight Thanos (explicitly namedropping him), but it's not as if Thanos was common knowledge in Infinity War, so much so that the end credits scene with Fury and Hill had them not knowing what was happening in Wakanda (the big battle). Thanos was on Earth for just a couple minutes, easily porting in and out.

If Wakanda ever communicated this to the outside world in real time (and that's a big IF -- the capital is still under holographic camouflage), the general public would know just that there was a major battle, but not necessarily who the major combatants were. And even if they did know the latter, Thanos' brief stay would hardly warrant a name.

----

On a separate matter, AoS is in the Friday death slot. That's not good, either. Every season is its last and the show gets renewed by the skin of its teeth, and though this season being its last is a foregone conclusion, assigning a show in this slot still implies little faith from the network.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    On a separate matter, AoS is in the Friday death slot. That's not good, either. Every season is its last and the show gets renewed by the skin of its teeth, and though this season being its last is a foregone conclusion, assigning a show in this slot still implies little faith from the network.
    It's already been renewed for an additional season beyond this one.

Considering I fully expected last season to be the end, that's a good thing, but puzzling. They already have their 100+ episodes for syndication.

I'll take it, but like I said... puzzling.

It's already been renewed for an additional season beyond this one.

Considering I fully expected last season to be the end, that's a good thing, but puzzling. They already have their 100+ episodes for syndication.

I'll take it, but like I said... puzzling.
    Did AbC renew it for season 7 or was it just announced they were doing another season. Iono maybe they went to move it to Hulu or Disney +. Havent been following any of this close so who knows.

The season starting next week is season 6, and then there will be a season 7.

The season starting next week is season 6, and then there will be a season 7.
    Oh I know I was just curious if Season 7 was ordered officially by AbC or did AoS showrunners just say they are renewed. Just seeing if they're is wiggle room for season. 7 to actually be on Hulu or Dinsey+

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Did AbC renew it for season 7 or was it just announced they were doing another season.
    ABC officially ordered the seventh season. We have at least two more seasons, which is awesome because it is the best of the superhero series.

That's the thing that gets me. Graviton argued that he needed his powers to fight Thanos (explicitly namedropping him), but it's not as if Thanos was common knowledge in Infinity War, so much so that the end credits scene with Fury and Hill had them not knowing what was happening in Wakanda (the big battle). Thanos was on Earth for just a couple minutes, easily porting in and out.
    Taryan (one of the leaders of the Confederacy and Kasius' father) told Graviton about Thanos when he told Graviton about the gravitonium deposits in the Earth.

I stand corrected about everything in my last post, but still -- FRIDAY?!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Didn't the previous season air on Friday?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Didn't the previous season air on Friday?
    Yes it did.

The only thing I can figure is that Disney wants to beef up their MCU content ahead of the launch of the streaming service. AoS doesn't have high ratings by network standards, but it is the highest rated of all the MCU TV series, and it's also the launching point for Ghost Rider, which has the potential to be a big hit.

Yeah, I think at least the Kree knew that Thanos was a big problem-especially when he pretty much did what Ronan didn't.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth