Amazing Member

Default Post-Crisis Etrigan vs. Classic Juggernaut

The Demon.jpgJuggernaut.jpg

Who wins in a fight between these two demonic forces? No prep time, location is the Arizona desert, no BFR.
    Last edited by Nicklypuff; 11-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.

No BFR pretty much seals the deal for "classic" Cain winning. Dude got hit by the Godblast and didn't take a scratch.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yeah. Classic Juggerbaut Given Rules is going to win, every time.

Amazing Member

Wasn't Thor weakened during his fight with the Juggernaut during that? I believe Loki had weakened Thor and then released the Juggernaut or something along those lines during that character arc for Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklypuff View Post
    Wasn't Thor weakened during his fight with the Juggernaut during that? I believe Loki had weakened Thor and then released the Juggernaut or something along those lines during that character arc for Thor.
    Even if that's true, Thor was doing squat to Juggs on other occasions until he used Mjolnir to temporarily drain his invulnerable forcefield. Not a luxury Etrigan has sadly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i don't remember etrigan having to feats for hurting cain at that level.

Amazing Member

So what are your thoughts on allowing BFR? Would Juggernaut still have a wide advantage in this match up?

So what are your thoughts on allowing BFR? Would Juggernaut still have a wide advantage in this match up?
    He would have a tremendous advantage in durability at the very least.

Problem here is that Etrigan has punched Superman to the moon before. If he gets one solid connection or manages to maneuver behind Cain, he could toss the guy well into orbit. If there is no moon nearby, dude floats and floats.

Cain can do the same of course, and perhaps more easily, but im fairly confident Etrigan can magic up a way to return from orbit. Either portals, mild levitation or hellfire propulsion.

It favors him is my point. Just trading damage and Juggs wins all day everyday though
    - big_adventure

Amazing Member

Yeah I definitely didn’t expect Etrigan to win in a fist fight. I was thinking that perhaps Etrigan’s hellfire or other magical/summoning abilities might be effective on Juggernaut though even though Juggernaut has shown some magic resistance.
    Last edited by Nicklypuff; 11-16-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Thor’s God Blast could not take classic Cain. Only remove helmet and telepathy or take him away from battle field are the only ways.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He would have a tremendous advantage in durability at the very least.

Problem here is that Etrigan has punched Superman to the moon before. If he gets one solid connection or manages to maneuver behind Cain, he could toss the guy well into orbit. If there is no moon nearby, dude floats and floats.

Cain can do the same of course, and perhaps more easily, but im fairly confident Etrigan can magic up a way to return from orbit. Either portals, mild levitation or hellfire propulsion.

It favors him is my point. Just trading damage and Juggs wins all day everyday though
    Etrigan can fly so BFR doesn't work on him.

Yeah I definitely didn’t expect Etrigan to win in a fist fight. I was thinking that perhaps Etrigan’s hellfire or other magical/summoning abilities might be effective on Juggernaut though even though Juggernaut has shown some magic resistance.
    More than that. He’s shown the ability to keep on trucking when reduced to a flaming skeleton. Which would take a MASSIVE amount of damage output to achieve (given that he generally shrugs off everything, including the aforementioned godblast) and STILL wouldn’t be enough to stop him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    More than that. He’s shown the ability to keep on trucking when reduced to a flaming skeleton. Which would take a MASSIVE amount of damage output to achieve (given that he generally shrugs off everything, including the aforementioned godblast) and STILL wouldn’t be enough to stop him.

BANNED

I wonder if Etrigan could challenge him to a rhyming contest instead. pretty much everything else in his arsenal is not going to stop him. he has tanked cyttoraks attacks and defeated him the entity which powers him more than once. Etrigan is screwed if he gets his hands upon him unless he manages to dislodge his helmet and ensorcell him.

Amazing Member

So here are some scans which mentions that Thor was weak during his fight against the Juggernaut where he used his Godblast.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...Juggernaut.jpg
    http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...uggernaut2.jpg
    http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...1_Weakness.jpg
    http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...13_Opening.jpg

Here is the best feat I could find of Etrigan breaking through a shield.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...27s+shield.jpg
    Last edited by Nicklypuff; 11-17-2018 at 04:03 PM.