Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Devil May Cry: The Series

The team responsible for Netflix's Castlevania will be adapting Devil May Cry next.

https://www.ign.com//articles/2018/1...om-adi-shankar

Apparently, this DMC show will exist in a multiverse with Castlevania. I don't know how that's going to work.

I'd be curious to see how a Devil May Cry cartoon with Western creators will fair (especially compared to, well, DmC).

Judging by the tweet it looks like it will still be focused on Dante, so I'm curious if they'll bring in Reuben Langdon and the game VA's for this.

If it is half as good as the three volume DVD series from the early 2000's it will be great.

I am loving Castevania, so I'm definitely looking forward to more! If the same creative people behind Castlevania produces Devil May Cry...slot me in as someone who will check it out.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Isn't Bayonetta supposedly in the same universe as Devil May Cry? Or at least references to DMC characters and lore (I know they share a creator)?

Maybe a Bayonetta cartoon will be the next in this "Bootleg Universe" ?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Bayonetta supposedly in the same universe as Devil May Cry? Or at least references to DMC characters and lore (I know they share a creator)?

Maybe a Bayonetta cartoon will be the next in this "Bootleg Universe" ?
    Bayo and DMC share a creator (Hideki Kamiya) but nothing beyond that. Kamiya only worked on the original DMC.

So a Soma Cruz and Dante team up in the future?

Wow. Just last month, I was on another forum discussing ideas for a new DMC animated series and I even proposed the idea of a Netflix series like Castlevania.

All knew or will it follow the old one?

I like the Castlevania series, i would like more of it.

Pretty excited for it.

The Castlevania netflix show was leagues better than the DMC anime they did a few years back so I'm ok with them taking over and doing what they want. I'm curious if Warren Ellis is going to come back for it, I'm a fan of his work.

I have little interest in an actual crossover between Castlevania and DMC. Castlevania wasn't really my thing till recently. I rather have DMC crossover with Darkstalkers or Ninja Gaiden.

Ign did talk about Castlevania being set in the past of the DMC world which is how I want them to do a crossover.