Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    It's true. But then they are going to mojoverse.
    Isn't Mojo chilling on Earth picking up chicks and drinking coffee with Glob?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think that this story might matter more than usual alt reality stories, because this time characters are being taken to this new place, rather thant existing parallel. Therefore, these events may have consequences to characters and make them feel like themselves, and not other people they could become for the whole time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I think that this story might matter more than usual alt reality stories, because this time characters are being taken to this new place, rather thant existing parallel. Therefore, these events may have consequences to characters and make them feel like themselves, and not other people they could become for the whole time.
    In that case, it will matter for two issues before a new writer is rotated in who didn't bother reading a massive AU story.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I'm actually excited for Age of X-Man. I've just always been a fan of alternate universes and seeing what the X-Men could have become (huge original Exiles fan). I understand the hesitation for most, though. Hopefully, the characters all retain memory from this AU, which will help in their development.
    I wish they could just incorporate bolder ideas into this universe. I think this looks fun nonetheless.

AU minis that replace regular series don't have to all matter that much for what comes after if they can be compelling stories on their own. If we feel that they need to be, then we're not excited by the idea of the AU. Probably because it's less of an appealing concept when you keep doing it, especially in the franchise that needs to stop doing things it's done before. It's exacerbated by the fact that this is not only repeating the AOA format, but Marvel readers just got a metric ton of this in Secret Wars. In that event, we got/revisited multiple X AUs, and without it we have already been through two other new X-Men AUs this decade. And now we're heading into a third.

The Avengers did a mega-story about colliding AUs that was less obsessed with AUs. Eventually, we'll just have to bolster the Children of the Atom/Hated and Feared blurbs on the recap pages with the premise of Sliders.

I hope Magneto and Storm are together in Marvelous. Imagine what a power couple they would be in the 616......I think the biggest and most logical reason for them to be together is because.....they both have white hair.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #1 (of 5)

Written by Vita Ayala
    Art by German Peralta
    Cover by Patch Zircher
    March 13, 2019
    Bishop! Lorna! Dani! Sold!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Bishop! Lorna! Dani! Sold!
    I’m not sure if this has been discussed, but are they trying to make Lorna look like her tv counterpart?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't think the X-office in general is trying to make Lorna look more like Emma Dumont, but I do think some artists use her as a reference when drawing her now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't think the X-office in general is trying to make Lorna look more like Emma Dumont, but I do think some artists use her as a reference when drawing her now.
    Right? And not that it’s a bad thing or anything, but in this cover she kinda resembles her....Although I do prefer my Lorna with Long hair.....or her Malice doo

Honestly don't plan on reading any of these books but Prisoner X is tempting for my Bishop fix.

BANNED

A lot of my favorites are getting solid panel time in these miniseries' so I can’t really complain too much, but there are still a number of my personal favorite X-Men unaccounted for: Hellion, Banshee, Sunfire, Sunspot, Chamber, Frenzy, Magik, Emma Frost & Mystique.
    I suppose an absence from the covers doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not involved in the titles in some capacity, but it'll be a bummer if not all of them get to be involved in one of the biggest X-Men events in years.

Marvelous X-Men: It's clear that Nadler+Thomspon pushed for Nature Girl, but I do wish that Dust, Pixie or Armor had been on Marvellous X-Men in her stead, as I think they're a) superior characters and b) a better fit as the 'rookie' of the team, in terms of interacting with other cast members and bringing new life to the ensemble.

I'm really not feeling that X-23 design, it just doesn’t resemble Laura- I thought it was Kitty at first. I appreciate the twist on some classic uniforms, but the designs for this cast are hit-and-miss for me. As for Storm, I'd rather have seen her with braids or a short haircut; Ororo without her white locks just doesn't feel right.

Nextgen: Brisson has delivered with Extermination, and I'm a fan of Marcus To's art too so I think it's a great match.
    No sign of Hellion, Elixir or Mercury which sucks. I did see a suggestion though that there may be interlocking covers for this series, showing all the other younger generation of X-Men; which would make sense since there are still a LOT of them not pictured. The uniforms aren’t great, but that’s been the case for the students for a long time. I can only hope that this book helps to establish a status quo for the New X-Men beyond wallpaper.

The Amazing Nightcrawler: my only nitpick with this miniseries is that Kurt is already on the Marvellous X-Men. IMO, it should’ve only been one or the other, team book OR solo. That'd leave room for another of the X-Men on the team OR a miniseries showcasing them. The uniform isn't great either, and I'm already missing the beard.

X-Tremists: Betsy, Bobby, Jean-Paul & Jubes is a pretty rad team NGL. Why though, are we getting more Blob? He doesn’t fit with the rest of the cast and I would’ve thought that in 2018 he's pretty irrelevant and dated. Anyway, I saw on Twitter that the facial hair kinda makes him resemble Jordan White and I just can’t unsee it.

It's interesting that Leah Williams (love her) was permitted to craft a new character in Moneta. With all the X-Men up for grabs, I’d have preferred she’d used one of them. I mean, Chamber on this squad would have been PERFECT. He’d be with Jubes and his interactions with the other cast members would be bloody brilliant.

X-Tracts: 100% not picking up this one. The creative team is a big meh, and there’s not even one character in this ensemble that I care about. Apparently, the POC on the team is an all-new character dubbed Unveil. As I’ve said about Moneta in X-Tremists, I wouldn’t have expected the use of new characters when there are so damn many longstanding X-Men up for grabs.

Prisoner X: Probably my most anticipated miniseries of the bunch. Dani, Lucas & Lorna together is a big pull. The only thing that’d have made this better is if we got an X-Man other than Beast. Sunfire would have been fantastic. It’s crazy how much Polaris looks like Emma Dumont here too

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Wait at least Dani showing up means that the T-O virus infection will be resolved by then... I hope
    You’d think so. There are hints that the characters of New Mutants Dead Souls will appear in Uncanny X-Men. Maybe X-Man or Legion will be able to purge then of the TO virus? I really hope that whatever cures them also restores Dani's powers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Might as well name Apocalypse's team the SEX-Tracts or the SEX-Tras.

Extraordinary Member

Am I the only one who's sort of excited about the X-Tracts thing? It's so stupid looking that I want it!

Plus I like Apocalypse, Evan, and Eyeboy. I have been waiting for Apocalypse and Evan to meet for years, mostly because Evan is just a cute little blueberry who can't look scary no matter what.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

It's interesting that Leah Williams (love her) was permitted to craft a new character in Moneta. With all the X-Men up for grabs, I’d have preferred she’d used one of them. I mean, Chamber on this squad would have been PERFECT. He’d be with Jubes and his interactions with the other cast members would be bloody brilliant.
    I'm hoping they aren't making Moneta some Layla McGuffin like in HoM. I'm always suspicious of newer mutant children after that crossover.