Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Glad that isn't Kitty on Marvelous X-Men. That isn't a good look at all. Maybe it'll look better in the interiors but its hard to tell that's even Laura. Happy to see Kitty back with her longer hair though!

I am honestly pretty stoked about this. Its not ideal (alt reality shenanigans again) but I love the use of different lineups, characters, and organizations that it's hard to be too mad at it. Plus I love that we are getting MORE female writers that I hope prove to be good fits for the X-Books.

NextGen, Prisoner X, and the X-Tremists are particularly exciting. I just hope the line can be reshaped into something exciting and fresh without more reality warps after this wraps.

BANNED

Predictions/Things that are likely/Cynical assumptions/I have time for extended, possibly obnoxious speculation:

-The Marvelous X-Men are the bad guys.

-Someone (Gabby) or multiple characters on Prison X remember the real reality.

-Gabby first convinces Laura that something is wrong and then Laura gets Jean to turn against the Marvelous X-Men.

-Jean, Laura, and a mix of the Apocalypse and Prison X teams manage to get past Magneto and finally defeat X-Man, who kinda sorta means well in his own way but is ultimately a despot. They are helped by Cyclops, Logan, Emma, Gambit, and Rogue, who have broken through the barrier that keeps this Age of X-Man bubble-world secluded.

-Jean sees Cyclops and remembers the real world. Jean and Emma wake up everyone else.

-None of this matters after everything in it is erased besides some annoying alt reality version that decides to stick aroun. All of these alternate reality stories have that Rachel character that insists on not going away, pointlessly.

-Sales of this do well in the initial months because some of this admittedly looks inspired. Some of it is actually good and in two years we compare the next alternate reality story to this one and say "I'm tired of alternate realities, but Age of X-Man actually wasn't that bad."

-

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    I like how Kitty looks in this relaunch. Finally, Dani is being used and Dazzler is, too.

Where are Rogue and Magik, though?

What is the endgame with the multiple miniseries etc?
    Rogue is still in the real 616, as Mr and Mrs X's January solicit didn't sound like a finale (instead, it's the start of a new arc), I think that's continuing. I would've blamed New Mutants Dead Souls's ending for Magik... except that should've kept Dani Moonstar out too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rogue is still in the real 616, as Mr and Mrs X's January solicit didn't sound like a finale (instead, it's the start of a new arc), I think that's continuing. I would've blamed New Mutants Dead Souls's ending for Magik... except that should've kept Dani Moonstar out too.
    Which makes me wonder if X-23 is ending or going on hiatus after February, or if it will have a tie-in arc with AoXM (issue #9 is set to release in February).

For that matter, do we even really know whether characters appearing in AoXM books won't also be appearing in 616 books? Or is that just an assumption being made?

BANNED

So after this mini-series end, all the X-characters will go back to 616 again.

Lame... This AOA story has been told in the past just with different characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Ok so Psylocke, Blob, Iceman, Jubliee....

Anyone have a good guess on who the last two are?

Armor for the girl maybe...?

I like their uniforms the best so far so I'm probably going to check this one out at the very least.

I like X-tremist too but they should have created in 616 real Marvel world rather than in alternate reality which will soon go up in dust anyway.

Crap...

I'm actually excited for Age of X-Man. I've just always been a fan of alternate universes and seeing what the X-Men could have become (huge original Exiles fan). I understand the hesitation for most, though. Hopefully, the characters all retain memory from this AU, which will help in their development.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Sales of this do well in the initial months because some of this admittedly looks inspired. Some of it is actually good and in two years we compare the next alternate reality story to this one and say "I'm tired of alternate realities, but Age of X-Man actually wasn't that bad."
    Not far from the truth. Can we all just admit Marvel works in cycles.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    MMX will have at lest 12 issues.
    It seems Gambit and Rogue will return to earth in issue 10 (April).
    Last edited by Purplevit; 11-18-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

I like X-tremist too but they should have created in 616 real Marvel world rather than in alternate reality which will soon go up in dust anyway.

Crap...
    Alternate reality is a little bit Research & Development if a concept is popular enough it can show up again in the future

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Those are gonna be some 5 looooong months.
    I guess I'll stick with Uncanny and maybe Leah's book.

BANNED

It might actually be six months since two miniseries don't start until March.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    MMX will have at lest 12 issues.
    It seems Gambit and Rogue will return to earth in issue 10 (April).
    Don't they have a house party in #6?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Don't they have a house party in #6?
    It's true. But then they are going to mojoverse.