Default The Black Order in the Battle of New York

Simple question: In 2012's Avengers movie, if Thanos sent Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian to New York along with Loki and the Chitauri, would the Avengers still have won?

If not, what's the minimum in terms of additional recruits the Avengers would need (from the MCU) to come out on top? e.g. with the Black Order in tow for the bad guys, would adding Spider-Man and Ant-Man turn the tables? Doctor Strange? Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? Black Panther and Bucky?

I think they would have won. While taking way more casualties. I don't see the black order defeating Thor or Hulk, but delaying those two for a lil bit means that several Leviathans do more damage and more people die.

I think Iron Man probably gets killed and therefore isn't around to stop the nuke from going off over the city.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I hope Cap doesn't try to block Glaive's Vibranium-piercing sword. I do wonder what would happen if Thor had tried to do so with Mjolnir.

Other than Ebony Maw I don't see the rest being to much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Other than Ebony Maw I don't see the rest being to much trouble.
    Cull is a roughly Hulk-level dude. He certainly counts under the ‘trouble’ column.

But yeah, Maw is the biggest problem.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Maw telekinetically slinging around Glaive's sword could be a major problem, but I don't know that he has a counter to Thor shooting him with a massive bolt of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Maw telekinetically slinging around Glaive's sword could be a major problem, but I don't know that he has a counter to Thor shooting him with a massive bolt of lightning.
    Try and grab the hammer with TK, causing it to fall to the ground due to Unworthy if it fails.

Midnight is the weakest link, Glavie has a weapon that has no counter aside maybe mjollner.

Then Cull, yeah I think Cull is a huge problem.

Maw is the biggest threat.

They can still win. Just people are going to die and not just the background civvies.