Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Guardian get his own comic?

Should everyone's favorite vigilante get his own monthly?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I would like for Morrison's Seven Soldiers iteration of the Guardian to get his own series or at the very least another mini.

Astonishing Member

I'd rather see the Jim Harper version along with Cadmus, Olsen, and the 1970's Newsboy Legion

Boisterously Confused

Only if they introduce a modern version of The Newsboy Legion. Not sure how that would work, since 'tween children no longer peddle papers on the street corners these days. What would be the modern equivalent of poor, minimally supervised children banding together for companionship and mutual protection? The Foster Kid Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    Should everyone's favorite vigilante get his own monthly?
    "Everyone's favorite"?

Do you even know anything about the different characters that went by the name "The Guardian"? (Off-hand, I can think of possibly four versions.)

(And much as I like the original Golden Age version, how are you coming up with "everyone's favorite vigilante" when there are also many other characters that could fit under that label, including a few people who went by the name "Vigilante"?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Everyone's favorite"?

Do you even know anything about the different characters that went by the name "The Guardian"? (Off-hand, I can think of possibly four versions.)

(And much as I like the original Golden Age version, how are you coming up with "everyone's favorite vigilante" when there are also many other characters that could fit under that label, including a few people who went by the name "Vigilante"?)
    Damn. I was talking about Jimmy Olsen Guardian from Supergirl. I thought that was an original character.

Astonishing Member

Damn. I was talking about Jimmy Olsen Guardian from Supergirl. I thought that was an original character.
    That gave me a good laugh. Sometimes we forget that not everyone has a long history with these characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Only if they introduce a modern version of The Newsboy Legion. Not sure how that would work, since 'tween children no longer peddle papers on the street corners these days. What would be the modern equivalent of poor, minimally supervised children banding together for companionship and mutual protection? The Foster Kid Legion?
    It can be done if you really think about it.

Latch Key kids-kids who go home from school to an empty house for hours until parent comes home.

If we take Craig of Creek (Cartoon Network) kids who hang out until dinner time.

High school drop outs?

Kids who all work at the same place? I got one-a set of kids who at at least 17-18 that work for a cleaning company that cleans various buildings. Imagine what they can get a hold off cleaning places.

I’ve always wanted to see The Guardian and Cadmus return. Kirby created a great world of cloning and super science to explore. The Newsboy Legion I could take or leave.

Has a Guardian appeared in Rebirth?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Currently hanging up like a slab of meat in Sideways, waiting for rescue by the other Soliders

Are you talking only the TV show?

I wouldn't know about that; I don't watch it (nor any of the other DC shows or Marvel shows).

And for the record, the original Guardian (Jim Harper) first appeared in Star Spangled Comics #7 (April 1942)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Guardian (Jim Harper) recently appeared in Bendis’ Superman. He was taken out pretty quick by the new villain The Red Cloud.

I would love to see him become a supporting character in Action Comics.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-17-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Guardian (Jim Harper) recently appeared in Bendis’ Superman. He was taken out pretty quick by the new villain The Red Cloud.

Was it said if that's original Jim Harper or a cloned version?

I liked Mal Duncan as the Guardian in YJ season 2 so I wouldn't mind if they played with that more.

The Guardian might be a good mantle for Diggle to pick up.