Default Ivan Drago VS MCU Danny Rand

Boxing match. No Iron fist.

Who wins?

If Ivan wins, how does Danby do against Clubber Lang, Apollo, and Rocky?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Boxing match. No Iron fist.

Who wins?

If Ivan wins, how does Danby do against Clubber Lang, Apollo, and Rocky?
    This is not what Danny is trained for. A boxing match puts it totally in favor of what Drago is trained to do. The only way Danny wins here is if he is so much faster than Drago that having no training for this sort of fight doesn't matter. I'll leave it to someone else to remember what sort of speed feats Danny had.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    This is not what Danny is trained for. A boxing match puts it totally in favor of what Drago is trained to do. The only way Danny wins here is if he is so much faster than Drago that having no training for this sort of fight doesn't matter. I'll leave it to someone else to remember what sort of speed feats Danny had.
    He's all over the place, sadly.

Basically, he's capable of utterly dominating super skilled fighters. And he's capable of... not.

He explicitly, on-screen, explains that when he concentrates, everything slows down to the level where he can casually out-react super crazy skilled guys. He USES this on-screen and dominates a fight with it. Then... seems to forget about this. Lots of PIS is what I'm saying.

Even without the concentration part, he casually dominates Colleen in sparring, and shows himself to be ALMOST as quick as Matt.

If we give him high-consistent with presentation feats, without PIS, he's probably just way too fast for Drago or any of the others.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I've watched both seasons of Iron Fist and was not impressed by both his skill or speed. Matt is MUCH better than Danny and Daredevil is a far superior show.

Hard to say. He's going to have a hard time hurting Drago. For one thing, he doesn't punch very hard for a fictional hero. Of all the dozens and dozens of non-IF punches Danny throws, only one I could find actually makes him look like he hits harder than a normal human fighter in his weightclass.

https://imgur.com/MvnSiPv

The other 98% of the time, it takes him many, many shots to KO fairly small-statured featless mooks with his hands--often he can't do it at all. I have an especially hard time treating the above feat as anything other than a big outlier. His kicks and joint locks are a completely different story--but they don't help him here.

So it comes down to speed. And while Danny is hard to tag, the size of the ring, inexperience in this context, his massive reach disadvantage (Drago is 6'5"--Danny is going to have to work inside to land anything at all), and susceptibility to attacks he can't see (like from a combo with big boxing gloves in his face) leads me to think he's actually going to take some body shots that will slow him down.
    Last edited by Morning; 11-18-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He explicitly, on-screen, explains that when he concentrates, everything slows down to the level where he can casually out-react super crazy skilled guys. He USES this on-screen and dominates a fight with it. Then... seems to forget about this. Lots of PIS is what I'm saying.
    I'd actually go as far as to call it CIS. Danny doesn't know how to control his mind and powers well enough to enter that zen state on command. His inexperience and instability are legit character flaws.
    Last edited by Morning; 11-18-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, yes and no? He is (at least until the very very end of season 2) REALLY bad at using his powers. But without channeling anything at all, he's better than Bakuto and Davos in combat.

No doubt that IF is the worst of the 5 Defenders arc shows. Which makes me pretty sad.

As far his hitting force, well, this seems to be a thing in the Netflix Marvel shows. Matt, in one instance, one-shots 5 or 6 armored SWAT guys, yet other times needs two dozen punches to take out each no-name gangbanger or goon. They really seem to like to error on the side of gritty. Hell, even Luke and Jess don't one-shot every mook, and that's ridiculous.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Dragon wins in a boxing match

Danny wins in a fight

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Season Two Danny, ironically, would do better when he doesn’t have the IF. Without it he seemed more competent.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    As far his hitting force, well, this seems to be a thing in the Netflix Marvel shows. Matt, in one instance, one-shots 5 or 6 armored SWAT guys, yet other times needs two dozen punches to take out each no-name gangbanger or goon. They really seem to like to error on the side of gritty. Hell, even Luke and Jess don't one-shot every mook, and that's ridiculous.
    Matt at least has a lot of feats where he does one-and-two-shot every normal guy in the room. You can argue that Jess and Luke hold back. And even Danny has some good comic-booky striking feats with his kicks (like KOing armored swat guys, sending people several feet through the air, etc).

But with his fists, he really, really, consistently looks like he hits about as hard as an average fit dude.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.