Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m currently reading Phoenix Resurrection, and now I want to see Carlos Pacheco on Uncanny with Rosenberg. His work in that issue was beautiful. Some of the best I’ve seen from him in a very long time.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    So. Much. This. It's one of the reasons I want Surge back in a relevant role.
    The sad part is that Surge + Cyclops + interesting dynamic is all Marvel needs to overlook and put more random students in the books.
    To this day, I'm still salty that Surge never joined Cyclops' team after AvX, because Bendis wanted the Cuckoos + new, quirky mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Back in the day Scott saw cannonball with a potential as a leader and was interested in training him, hopefully Scott will help Surge reach her full potential as a leader and mutant
    Surge as the new Cannonball, and Hellion/Prodigy as the new Moonstar? I dig it.

Focus, Purpose, & New Ideas.

No more horsemen, mutants on the brink of extinction, alternate realities, time travel, 80's/90's nostalgia, etc. We need new & fresh ideas, stories, & visions.

Spreading the focus to all characters and giving each one of them a purpose for being used. X-Men Gold put Kitty under a huge spotlight and in the process turned many people off of her character. And poor Jean finally made her big return after being gone for so many years, and I am already bored with her. She has no direction since returning.

Then you have popular characters like Storm, Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler, etc. who are little more than wallpaper and have no real story.

Things are looking up for Rogue, Gambit, & Iceman, but they really need to spread it out and make everyone matter. And no, that doesn't mean they all need solo series.

Also, consistency between creative teams would be nice. I know they do character mapping so they try not to contradict other writers, but so many times you will see a character in one book act a certain way and in another, the complete opposite. Personalities, appearance, & status should be uniform across books if a character is going to be used by multiple writers.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

No more horsemen, mutants on the brink of extinction, alternate realities, time travel, 80's/90's nostalgia, etc. We need new & fresh ideas, stories, & visions.

Spreading the focus to all characters and giving each one of them a purpose for being used. X-Men Gold put Kitty under a huge spotlight and in the process turned many people off of her character. And poor Jean finally made her big return after being gone for so many years, and I am already bored with her. She has no direction since returning.

Then you have popular characters like Storm, Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler, etc. who are little more than wallpaper and have no real story.

Things are looking up for Rogue, Gambit, & Iceman, but they really need to spread it out and make everyone matter. And no, that doesn't mean they all need solo series.

Also, consistency between creative teams would be nice. I know they do character mapping so they try not to contradict other writers, but so many times you will see a character in one book act a certain way and in another, the complete opposite. Personalities, appearance, & status should be uniform across books if a character is going to be used by multiple writers.
    Amen to ALL of this. This is what we need. But sadly, not what we'll get -most likely.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

They really should put Claremont in as line editor. Nobody knows these characters like him.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I wanna see Dazzler pegging Neil Shaa'ra.

BANNED

Some rotation on the casts, but overarching stories. So you can have some nice character-driven stories that form pieces for the bigger picture. People like complex/focused plots, but individual work on the characters is also important and engaging.

Yo and can we get more black xmen back from the dead and at least on splash pages. It's 2019. That **** is tone deaf af.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Yo and can we get more black xmen back from the dead and at least on splash pages. It's 2019. That **** is tone deaf af.
    I’d trade Jean for Darwin, Madelyne for Moses Magnum, and Hope for a Synch, Link, or Prodigy. Not sure Bishop is worth a Rachel Summers, but I’d entertain the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’d trade Jean for Darwin, Madelyne for Moses Magnum, and Hope for a Synch, Link, or Prodigy. Not sure Bishop is worth a Rachel Summers, but I’d entertain the conversation.
    Gimme a cute team of
    Gentle
    Bedlam
    Maggot
    Anarchist
    Cipher
    Angel Salvadore
    Kymeara
    Synch
    Prodigy
    With Bishop and Frenzy leading and I'd be in heaven.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 11-30-2018 at 08:45 PM.

People keep saying that the books are too nostalgia driven, but I'm not really seeing it. Maybe it's just been the wrong kind of nostalgia. I'm hoping for something more along these lines.