Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I want better handling of characters. Treat team books as such, rather than a pet-character's book co-starring their bumbling pals.

Things have gotten very biased with the same pets getting the spotlights & giid moments. And everyone else is around to make them look better. It's gotten old!

That's my biggest thing.

Next is getting rid of AU chars + dupes. Plenty pf 616 characters need development. Stop bringing in clones.

Jean Grey solo written by Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I want certain characters out of the books and certain characters into them, but what the franchise needs is something Morrison/post AvX tier. Something fresh and inspired with crazy ambition that we can't look at and say "oh, it's kinda like this story!"
    Preach. Please go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean Grey solo written by Taylor
    It is RED.
    At this point it would be much better if RED was announced as Jean Grey solo from the strart. Trinary would be a supportive character for her solo.
    Namor, Gambit, Storm and others would be just a guest stars in arcs. Like Namor offered help in Atlantis, Gambit would help to steal a phone, etc.

Guest star characters would only appear in arcs where they are needed and then Jean would call for big fight at the end. It would make space time for them to shine when they are needed and characters won't be just a wallpapers for RED "team book" .
    Last edited by Purplevit; 11-17-2018 at 01:37 PM.

BANNED

More plots that play off and play into the characters' personalities.

Speech bubbles that can be said by any character don't actually do anything for the story. They have to start making the stories more about personality if anyone is going to care longterm.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    New stories about the major current-day continuity characters with young X-Men mixed in with the popular ones.

A book with Jean Grey and Quire.
    I support 100% the first sentence not so much the second. For me the Avengers can keep QQ for as long as they want.

Well think there is nothing more can add that has not been said by others but considering the history of marvel with x-mens walking in circles will be some hero vs hero or extinction event.

A more daring era for the X-Books, better utilizing their unique rolodex of characters, showcasing interesting relationships, increased diversity, and creating a grand and unique niche for the entire line in the MU.

Simply put i want the titles to stop looking back or trying to recreate the past and to move forward.

Also I want to see Sunspot leading a team. Not just any team though but an actual important team. I want to see Wolverine, Storm and or Cyclops having to take orders from Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Simply put i want the titles to stop looking back or trying to recreate the past and to move forward.

Also I want to see Sunspot leading a team. Not just any team though but an actual important team. I want to see Wolverine, Storm and or Cyclops having to take orders from Roberto.
    I want Sunspot to lead a team too, but I do think it is completely unrealistic for him to boss around Scott, Ororo, or Logan. Give him a team of his peers(NM's and Gen Xer's) and younger(Academy X et all), with maybe just one veteran, like say Warren or Hank, that he would technically be the 'leader' of, but in a way they are more like support or advisor. The **** Kitty tried to pull in Gold was unacceptable to me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    - Less AU or duplicate characters.
    - Unique teams, with no member overlap.
    - New versions of classic satellite titles like X-factor, Legacy, Exiles (as an actual X-book), Excalibur etc.
    - Two main X-men teams.

And most of all:
    Don't make everything about Cyclops and Wolverine!
    Exactly this!

Dauterman and Asrar on art of the two main books.

rosters that look something like this

Uncanny X-Men:
    Jean Grey
    Bishop
    Polaris
    Iceman
    Cyclops
    X-23
    Armor

X-Men:
    Storm
    Psylocke
    Northstar
    Jubilee
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    Wolverine
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I second many other posters' sentiment that solo books masquerading as team books need to die a horrible death and never be seen again. If a writer doesn't know how to spotlight multiple characters they shouldn't be writing the X-Men at all. Or let's hire Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Chris Claremont or Chris Yost & Craig Kyle and be done with it.

In terms of what the books need after this AoX nonsense, yeah, an actual forward momentum with a new idea grounded in the mainstream continuity. The franchise is in desperate need of a new Claremont or Morrison, someone who can just shake things up and try something solid for a few years. Obviously no one is going to pull out another 16 year run, but at least a solid 3 years of a sustained flagship point of view with several satellite books orbiting in that same landscape would be nice(and not that rehashed/half-ass bs we just had with Blue/Gold). Now that the movie rights are coming back to Disney/Marvel, I do think the franchise is primed for a good refocus like that. I was hoping this Uncanny relaunch would be the start of it, but so far it's more looking like a desperate place holder until the real renaissance begins.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I love that this topic starts as a complaint of not understanding what a new event is about, i.e. I don’t get what story this is a rehash of, and leads into complaints of nothing new ever happening with the X-Men. Yeah, this is what happpens if you treat anything slightly different with extreme suspicion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The franchise is in desperate need of a new Claremont or Morrison, someone who can just shake things up and try something solid for a few years..
    So you also want a new Editorial staff that will actually ALLOW a new Claremont or Morrison to shake the franchise up rather than rigidly adhere to the nostalgia-driven status quo (while ignoring what actually MADE those runs work in the first place).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Get rid of the New X-Men/W&TXM/Hope’s lights/Bendis’s additions. Or put them in a book I’ll never read. Make a more cohesive x-universe, build and develop characters, not just build to new events. Writers who actually get the X-Men universe, not writers who feel they’re here to be the next Morrison.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com