Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So you also want a new Editorial staff that will actually ALLOW a new Claremont or Morrison to shake the franchise up rather than rigidly adhere to the nostalgia-driven status quo (while ignoring what actually MADE those runs work in the first place).
    Yes, that would be great. At least the original AOA happened in the 90's when the X-Men were still basically at their peak of popularity, and with a huge new audience in the comics coming from the TAS cartoon. That was a time when the franchise could afford an off the wall alternate reality take over for four months. The landscape is not the same with this version. Quite the opposite, really. Strange that editorial can't see that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

An idea I've wanted for years is the establishment of other mutant schools across the globe. Specifically, let's go to locations we haven't seen before. We've seen the UK, Japan, and Madripoor already. Let's tackle China, the Philippines, France, Germany, Italy, the Holy Land, the Congo, Argentina, Chile, Central America. Let's have their own branches of the X-Men, including some kind of O5 for each of them. Some may be teenagers, others may be middle school children, some may even be adults.

1. An anthology series that is a trial and error run for teams and solos, which also gives new creative teams a chance at the spotlight. Each "volume" will run an entire year (12 issues) and will focus on a different character, duo, or set of characters. Possibly use the adjectiveless X-Men title with a subtitle of the characters' names (i.e. X-Men: Magik).

This way, there's no question if it's a limited run or if it's an ongoing that will randomly get canceled (meaning we'll get a full, concluded story). If it's a successful run, then the office should greenlight an ongoing.

This idea will also give lesser-known characters a chance at the spotlight without fans fighting over who deserves it and who doesnt.

2. Streamline the books. Give each book a very distinctive mission statement and make sure there's plenty of cohesion across all the books.

3. Stop rehashing old stories. If I'm feeling nostalgic, I can just go read stories. However, if fans want this, then those same fans also shouldn't complain too much when a writer is trying something new. Give them a chance and don't be so critical.

4. More diverse talent. Less White men writing books about Black women, for example. We're starting to get more diverse characters in books, but diverse talent is also really important.

5. Consistent art. Indie comics and even DC comics are really good at this, but Marvel isn't. Keep the same artist for the duration of the book, or at least a consistent two artists that rotates.

6. Bring the X-Men into the greater Marvel universe in important roles. Have Beast join the Fantastic Four as a scientist. Make Kitty Pryde an intern for Tony Stark and have her appear in his book as a regular. Place Psylocke back in SWORD and have her partner up with Black Widow in SHIELD for adventures. Do this; however, don't have them lose their X-Men identity--- it's important that they are still X-Men first and foremost, but it's also important to show that they are a big part of the Marvel Universe.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

More Bishop.

More Cannonball.

BANNED

1.What I want to see is one writer and one artist in one team. Not multiple artists and multiple writers in one team like this 10 issue miniseries.

2. No overlap of members in multiple teams.

3. Respect of continuity in other teams.

4. No senseless filler mini-stories to make the required number of pages.

5. More action and human drama

All these were present during CC's time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    1. An anthology series that is a trial and error run for teams and solos, which also gives new creative teams a chance at the spotlight. Each "volume" will run an entire year (12 issues) and will focus on a different character, duo, or set of characters. Possibly use the adjectiveless X-Men title with a subtitle of the characters' names (i.e. X-Men: Magik).

This way, there's no question if it's a limited run or if it's an ongoing that will randomly get canceled (meaning we'll get a full, concluded story). If it's a successful run, then the office should greenlight an ongoing.

This idea will also give lesser-known characters a chance at the spotlight without fans fighting over who deserves it and who doesnt.

2. Streamline the books. Give each book a very distinctive mission statement and make sure there's plenty of cohesion across all the books.

3. Stop rehashing old stories. If I'm feeling nostalgic, I can just go read stories. However, if fans want this, then those same fans also shouldn't complain too much when a writer is trying something new. Give them a chance and don't be so critical.

4. More diverse talent. Less White men writing books about Black women, for example. We're starting to get more diverse characters in books, but diverse talent is also really important.

5. Consistent art. Indie comics and even DC comics are really good at this, but Marvel isn't. Keep the same artist for the duration of the book, or at least a consistent two artists that rotates.

6. Bring the X-Men into the greater Marvel universe in important roles. Have Beast join the Fantastic Four as a scientist. Make Kitty Pryde an intern for Tony Stark and have her appear in his book as a regular. Place Psylocke back in SWORD and have her partner up with Black Widow in SHIELD for adventures. Do this; however, don't have them lose their X-Men identity--- it's important that they are still X-Men first and foremost, but it's also important to show that they are a big part of the Marvel Universe.
    You betta say more diverse talent YASSSS!!!!!!!

No more events... Ever.

I shouldn't have to say this about 70+ year old publication, but coherent narrative and characterization. (You don't have to delve into their complex nuances at every minor appearance, but is it to much to ask they be written in archetype?)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

An adult O5 team book.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is RED.
    At this point it would be much better if RED was announced as Jean Grey solo from the strart. Trinary would be a supportive character for her solo.
    Namor, Gambit, Storm and others would be just a guest stars in arcs. Like Namor offered help in Atlantis, Gambit would help to steal a phone, etc.

Guest star characters would only appear in arcs where they are needed and then Jean would call for big fight at the end. It would make space time for them to shine when they are needed and characters won't be just a wallpapers for RED "team book" .
    No its not. Red may have been a stealth Jean title, but it is an ensemble team book and its been cancelled. I want an actual Jean solo marketed as such and focused on her and her personal life and development. Red may have had Jean as lead but its scope was still larger than her and didnt have that in depth focus that an actual solo tends to

Mighty Member

Stop with the apocalyptic future stories. It just sucks the life and hope out of X-Men.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Stop with the apocalyptic future stories. It just sucks the life and hope out of X-Men.
    Yes!

Also, find some writers that can actually write a team book. Getting kind of sick of solos disguised as team books.

I want to see:

-Uncanny X-Men
    -X-Men
    -Excalibur
    -X-Force
    -X-Factor
    -New X-Men

And I want Kelly Thompson to write 4 out of the six.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Uncanny X-men
    X-Men
    New X-Men
    X-Force
    X-Factor
    X-international, mix of Winter Guard, Excalibur and Alpha Flight.
    Rolating mini solo/duo series
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Another reality mess?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Yes!

Also, find some writers that can actually write a team book. Getting kind of sick of solos disguised as team books.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!