Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

the Phoenix burning whatever doesn't work which would unfortunately involve the current creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    the Phoenix burning whatever doesn't work which would unfortunately involve the current creative team.
    I WISH the Phoenix was that petty but then you’d have ... actually that wouldn’t necessarily be a bad idea. Every 10 years, Jean Grey returns to reset the Marvel Universe. Less trash continuity, more Phoenix congruence, more opportunities to “test” concepts, less alternate universe crap.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I want less nostalgia re-threads. Might as well bring back Chuck Austen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I want less nostalgia re-threads. Might as well bring back Chuck Austen.
    Don't even joke about that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

what we want ain't gonna happen so people should either jump ship or enjoy the ride
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enough of the nostalgic re-hashed plotting/story lines/themes. They been done.
    I want:
    Set, distinct X-teams following new, original, imaginative stories and direction with consistent, high-quality art.
    Much less of the "feared and hated" trope and much more actual "Superheroics"
    Character-driven stories, not story-driven characters.

Mighty Member

No more X-army, I would like a core team of X-men broken into two strike squads of 6 members each. Essentially like the 90's The heavy hitting A list characters. The rest of X-characters can form satellite teams and the students can have their own book and be separate from the main team.

Rogue leadership takeover!

The Irene Adler School for gifted fellas!

Sponsored by the Hellfire Club.

ROGUEXEMMA FRIENDSHIP FOR EVAH.

In serious business. well written and fun super hero stories.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It seems to me the current creative and editorial team is repositioning the franchise and the characters to their best-known state: all the major dead characters are coming back to life, Scott and Logan will soon be working together again and I fully expect Charley to revert to his former self sooner rather than later; Magneto is a villain again and leading the Brotherhood and Emma is with the Hellfire Club again; I'm expecting another mini-relaunch once AoX is over and a line-up of books similar to what we had in the 90s... Hopefully not to that excess as the market just won't support a dozen mutant books now but I'm definitely expecting another adjectiveless X-Men book, and probably an Excalibur/X-Factor as well.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps all of this is being done so that when they reboot/integrate the X-Men into the Marvel movie verse they can have both the comic and movie versions of the characters the same or similar enough...

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Enough of the nostalgic re-hashed plotting/story lines/themes. They been done.
    I want:
    Set, distinct X-teams following new, original, imaginative stories and direction with consistent, high-quality art.
    Much less of the "feared and hated" trope and much more actual "Superheroics"
    Character-driven stories, not story-driven characters.
    distinct teams with different missions:
    uncanny - the primary team
    X-kids/ school - a mash up of all the current kids - at the Xavier school with rotating instructors
    Emma/Hellfire Club - the anti hero working for the betterment of mutants, the third route - diff from Magneto/Xavier
    Magneto- solo or with his brotherhood but as the anti hero, a continuation of his last solo book.
    X-Force - the black ops strike team.

more integration with the rest of the MU! Magik and Pixie with Dr Strange. Kitty, Trinity & Prodigy with Stark, Richards and the other big brains. Move a few characters over to the Avengers for a few storylines.

Mighty Member

If anyone at Marvel proposes to have a mutant genocide plot, that person should be transported to D'Bari a minute before Dark Phoenix devours their star.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I'm done with nostalgia, time for something new. There are endless possibilities. Why do they keep trying to retell the same stories?
    pretty much this
    I'm the moonshield

A full year of X-Force Blue & X-Force Gold, with MOST senior X-Men missing.

X-Force Gold
    Dani Moonstar, Warpath, Siryn, Magma, Boom Boom, Darwin

X-Force Blue
    Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Karma, Rictor, Shatterstar + Domino

Cable's mind would be inhabiting the body of Bishop, and they'd be slowly merging.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    distinct teams with different missions:
    uncanny - the primary team
    X-kids/ school - a mash up of all the current kids - at the Xavier school with rotating instructors
    Emma/Hellfire Club - the anti hero working for the betterment of mutants, the third route - diff from Magneto/Xavier
    Magneto- solo or with his brotherhood but as the anti hero, a continuation of his last solo book.
    X-Force - the black ops strike team.

more integration with the rest of the MU! Magik and Pixie with Dr Strange. Kitty, Trinity & Prodigy with Stark, Richards and the other big brains. Move a few characters over to the Avengers for a few storylines.
    Love it Victor! I frankly do believe that the Emma thread will be one of the style of "I'm a thorn in the X-Men's side, but not because I'm a terrorist."