Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Not naming the teams...

Team A: Rogue, Gambit, Cannonball, Sunspot, Iceman, Rockslide, Anole and Indra

Team B: Jean, Storm, Colossus, Bishop, Moonstar, Northstar, Surge and Hellion

Team C: Cyclops, Frenzy, Magik, Havok, X-23, Mercury, Psylocke and Archangel

Team D: Wolverine, Polaris, Dazzler, Longshot, Pixie Warpath, Elixir and Feral or Wolfsbane

Team E (International affairs): Nightcrawler, Aurora, Namor, Silhouette, Red Guardian, Cerise, Dust and Neal Shaara
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

New concepts. Maybe take some notes from Harry Potter. A new antagonist can be a mutant purist who hate mutants born to human parents (like those filthy mudbloods).

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    New concepts. Maybe take some notes from Harry Potter. A new antagonist can be a mutant purist who hate mutants born to human parents (like those filthy mudbloods).
    Like, 99% of mutants are born to humans.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Like, 99% of mutants are born to humans.
    Lol, I know. I just thought of that, which means this antagonist would hate everyone. Hahahhaa.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Mighty Member

Where have the U-Men been lately? Their whole shtick of grafting mutant organs to gain power was an interesting idea from New X-Men. The idea that there are humans that want to be special and are willing to simply take it from another would be a nice plot.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Sorry, I know I missed the point, but this gave me the mental picture of humans arming themselves with magic to go fight the mutants to extinction.

Come to think of it, why haven't humans indulged in magic to fight mutants? The only human that did that was Douglas Carmody who struck a deal with N'astrith to give him power to hunt more mutants or something.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 11-20-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Where have the U-Men been lately? Their whole shtick of grafting mutant organs to gain power was an interesting idea from New X-Men. The idea that there are humans that want to be special and are willing to simply take it from another would be a nice plot.
    I mean, Morrison already did this story. It doesn't really bear repeating(Fraction even did that already, with that inhaler drug that gave humans mutant powers). Mutant growth hormone has been used occasionally since then. I thought we wanted new ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Sorry, I know I missed the point, but this gave me the mental picture of humans arming themselves with magic to go fight the mutants to extinction.
    Hey, we've seen hate groups use technology and science in the past. Why not try magic now?

Cinderella

Isn't that what Styker is doing in Weapon X right now?

Mighty Member

I mean, Morrison already did this story. It doesn't really bear repeating(Fraction even did that already, with that inhaler drug that gave humans mutant powers). Mutant growth hormone has been used occasionally since then. I thought we wanted new ideas?
    I'm going less for a "I gained superpowers" storyline and more like something from the Yuuzhan Vong from Star Wars. The U-Men were crazy mutant organ grafters first but were also a cult. Seeing the U-Men willfully maim themselves for organs with ritual scarring seems to be a bit more interesting than the millionth plot about gaining superpowers.

Isn't that what Styker is doing in Weapon X right now?
    That makes 2 humans who use magic to fight mutants.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 11-20-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I mean, most cults usually dissolve when their leader dies. John Sublime has been kicked around a few times since being killed, but to diminishing returns. The U-Men were an interesting idea under Morrison, but like most of his ideas, I don't think they really work nearly as well revisited by other writers.

For of all X-Concepts that have been mined for all they're worth, the U-Men are one that has a metric load of potential that is still slept on. They're the third philosophy in a franchise obsessed with two philosophies. Like Cassie Nova, it is bizarre that it's been years and such a conceptually large addition to the franchise has been so heavily ignored. They're such a flexible group open to so many different interpretations, too.

- NO TIME TRAVEL OR ALTERNATE REALITY CHARACTERS

- Direction

- Political and Social Commentary on the Mutant Metaphor

- Consistent Art and Writers

- Editors who have actually read X-Men, love X-men, and that care and do their jobs.

- Continuity

- Flagship team returning to the pillars of the series... Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean, and Beast.

- Iceman and Northstar romance

- More Iceman solo adventures

- Emma Frost turn the Hellfire Club into a functioning X-Corporation, providing a third modern, realistic vision of mutantdom.

- New Villains and bringing back old unused ones.

- Use the New X-Men students. DEVELOP THEM.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Maybe the mass mutilation and harvesting of mutants for their organs isn't quite as effective without tens of millions of mutants in the world.

I mean, most cults usually dissolve when their leader dies. John Sublime has been kicked around a few times since being killed, but to diminishing returns. The U-Men were an interesting idea under Morrison, but like most of his ideas, I don't think they really work nearly as well revisited by other writers.
    One of Marvel's biggest villain groups is Hydra, a cult that's been through a million leaders that devolved into generic baddies that showed up when the heroes needed goons to fight. That is until Hickman fleshed out the lore and Spencer rebooted the organization with a solid, tangible philosophy, clear structure and heirarchy, and a strong leader. Groups like cults can be great things for new writers to explore and use because they're so malleable.

Mighty Member

Let's give dear old Hope Summers something to do that's unrelated to listening to Teen Jean screech PHOENIX for the millionth time. I don't care if you make her take the mantle of Stryfe to avenge Cable by killing Cable, just do something interesting.