Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Hydra's been a staple for decades. The U-Men had a couple stories 15 years ago. It's a stretch to compare the two.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Hydra being around for decades was bad for them because they became a pointless, meaningless organization that had to be rebuilt over the course of several years. The U-Men barely being used while having a tangible philosophy and foundation is a point in their favor, because it means other creators can retool them however they see fit. The important thing to hold on to, however, is that unique perspective they carry. The franchise definitely needs more of those because it keeps recycling the same three old ones to death, and here's one prime for further exploration that could lead into fresh stories.

What more is there to be said for a group of humans who mutilate mutants and steal their body parts? It's not really a long-term sort of idea. It's a classic Morrison idea: weird and off the wall, good for an arc and that's it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Jean, Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops on a team again. It's been so long.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men by Rosenberg/Pere Perez or Larraz

Jean
    Cyclops
    Madrox
    Bishop
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    Banshee
    Cecilia Reyes

X-Men by Thompson/Larraz, Bazaldua, or Sandoval

Storm
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Psylocke
    Kitty
    Forge
    Dazzler
    Magik

X-Force by Brisson/Burnett

Baby Cable
    Domino
    Cannonball
    Warpath
    Boomer
    Shatterstar
    Thornn
    Risque
    Copycat
    Rictor

Excalibur by Claremont/Davis

Captain Britain
    Meggan
    Black Knight
    Lifeguard
    Magma
    A resurrected Synch
    Amanda Sefton/Daytripper
    Sage
    (Main antagonists British Hellfire Club)

New X-Men/Gen X/New Mutants by Brisson/To

The kids. If Brisson, Bunn or Hopeless is writing, I’ll probably pick it up. M & Emma should be the main antagonists for this group, making a new Hellions in the process.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Rogue headmistresship.

Stealing your lineup idea:

Uncanny X-Men - Zac Thompson/Lonnie Nadler, Terry Dodson (T+)

Jean Grey
    Surge
    Bishop
    Iceman
    Pixie
    Jubilee
    Gentle
    (Mutantkind's future faces off against all-new, universe-shattering threats. Magneto's Brotherhood sometimes makes appearances as hostile allies/antagonists)

Astonishing X-Men - Matthew Rosenberg, Yildiray Cinar (T+)

Storm
    Oya
    Emma Frost
    Dani Moonstar
    Chamber
    X-23
    Hellion
    Frenzy
    (X-Men's PR team who act as both mutantkind and humankind's superheroes - SOAP OPERA DRAMA-RAMAAAA)

X-Force - Saladin Ahmed, Mike Choi (Parental Advisory/A)

Havok
    Dazzler
    Hope Summers
    Warpath
    Trinary
    Cipher (acting as double agent for mysterious benefactor)
    Graymalkin
    (Militant X-Men who've but can't trust each other for their lives but must do the dirty work that the X-Men can't.)

Excalibur - Leah Williams, Pepe Larraz (T+)

Kitty Pryde (co-leader)
    Excalibur (co-leader)
    Captain Britain
    Meggan
    Psylocke
    Monet
    Rachel
    Nightcrawler
    Cluster
    (Love letter to Claremont/Davis' Excalibur and is the most off-the-wall title.)

X-Men: Legacy - Kelly Thompson, Pere Perez (T+)

Rogue
    Gambit
    Loa
    Indra
    Blindfold (w/ Legion in her head)
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Destiny (ghost that's only haunting Rogue and Ruth)
    (24-issue run where Blindfold has a premonition of a world overrun by X, Shadow King, Proteus, and Apocalypse with his army of Sleepers. Destiny has her assemble a team to stop this cataclysmic nightmare.)

X-Factor - Ed Brisson, Andy MacDonald (Parental Advisory)

Karma (leader)
    Multiple Man (field leader)
    Prodigy
    Polaris
    Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Boom-Boom
    Warbird
    (Hatchi Corporation buys out Jamie's XFI and uses the team to track down magical and interdimensional mysteries/Big plot-point is that Guido, Darwin, Pip, and the Morrigan have gone missing)

Academy X - Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir, Nick Bradshaw (T)

Re-instates the 'Squad' classes. Focuses on Armor and Mercury's opposing classes. Tons of X-Men and Academy X Students are now teachers. Mostly here because seeing how DeFilippis/Weir might write the new kids would be a treat. Sunspot as Citizen X is the headmaster.

X-Statix - Peter Milligan, Mike Allred (Parental Advisory)

Doop (leader)
    Colossus
    Ink
    Empath
    Alchemy (mysteriously resurrected/never explained tho lol)
    Shen Xorn (resurrected and given the most convoluted resurrection story)
    *New Mutant Here*
    *New Mutant Here*
    Poison
    Mukus
    (idk but it's a maxi and everyone but Doop and Piotr die by the end)

I just want OG Cable back. Damn. We’ve finally got OG Logan and OG Cyclops back. Let’s send “Kid Cable” into the future for a decade or two and bring him back swole and aged up right.

A mutant who can turn humans into mutants creates a cult where it grows big enough to rival the school or just the X-teams.

Newer big bads

Different art direction and updating the fear of "other" to match 2018. I saw someone made a spreadsheet of upcoming writers/artists in the new lines in another thread. Are any of the X writers people of color? I may have saw one Japanese female, but that's all I know.

I think good writing is good writing no matter who is holding the pen, but if T'nahasi is bringing freshness and perspective to black panther than other perspectives on the xbooks should be refreshing as well, no?

Ever since I suggested Excalibur could be for Scarlet Witch the way X-Factor is her twin brother’s alt-team, I’ve been thirsty for another run of Excalibur under Davis with my forgotten faves Kylun and Feron. Let’s try Wanda as the Doctor Strange of Dalston, proprietress of a trendy magic restaurant. Meggan wears Cap Britain gear, and Brian wears Death’s Head 2 techno-organic armor, just to switch it up. They ask Wanda to help with Feron, who’s channeled Synwraith or some other cosmic demon, and she’s tussled with Chthon so that makes sense. That’s where she meets a new romantic interest in Braddock Academy’s combat instructor Kylun the barbarian. I’d have a few Destines teach there too, with Pandora and Rory serving as the team sidekicks.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Frankly, I just want an NXM centered ongoing.

Doesn't matter if it's as part of the X-men group, or if it leads the kids to abandon the X-men and strike it out on their own (frankly, I'd prefer the latter).

Feature the four main ones from Uncanny + Surge, Hellion, Mercury and Anole.

Uncanny X-Men - Kelly Thompson, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson

Rogue
    Jubilee
    Logan
    Iceman
    Dust
    Kwannon
    Citizen X

Marvelous X-Men - Saladin Ahmed, Juann Cabal, and Nolan Woodard

Jean Grey
    Storm
    Bishop
    Monet
    Northstar
    Gambit
    Marrow

X-Force - Daniel Warren Johnson, Pepe Larraz, and Erick Arciniega

Kid Cable
    Moonstar
    Cannonball
    Shatterstar
    Rictor
    Boom Boom
    X-23

District X - Mariko Tamaki, Amy Reeder, and Rachelle Rosenberg

Kitty Pryde
    Magik
    Prodigy
    Shola
    Next-Gen - Leah Williams and Jamal Campbell

Armor
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Glob Herman
    Bling!
    Mercury
    Maggott
    Surge
    Wind Dancer

Excalibur - Matthew Rosenberg and Yildiray Cinar

Psylocke
    Captain Britain
    Meggan
    Chamber
    Cullen Bloodstone
    Pixie

Plus a Cyclops solo by Ed Brisson, Storm solo by Christopher Preist, and a Wolverine family book (with Logan, Gabby, and Daken) by Al Ewing.

Nightcrawler on the Avengers

Gentle in Black Panther (although I also want to see a mini of him and Colossus traveling to Russia)

Polaris as the new head warden for Thunderbolts

Oya on the Champions
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 11-24-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Specifically, these are my hopes for the post AOXM status quo.

1. Make Uncanny X-men the anchor title for all X-books, complete with an A-list team that includes Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, and Nightcrawler
    2. Give Wolverine a steady, consistent solo title that builds off of what happened in ROW
    3. Keep X-23's solo title, but incorporate other elements of Wolverine's family like Daken
    4. Relaunch Astonishing X-men with a new team with a different mission at a different pace, like X-men Blue
    5. Start a fresh New Mutants series with Jubilee and Magik taking lead
    6. Reshuffle and reorganize X-Force into an ongoing with Domino as the leader

That may be a lot, but this is what I hope to see with the future of the X-books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Specifically, these are my hopes for the post AOXM status quo.

1. Make Uncanny X-men the anchor title for all X-books, complete with an A-list team that includes Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, and Nightcrawler
    2. Give Wolverine a steady, consistent solo title that builds off of what happened in ROW
    3. Keep X-23's solo title, but incorporate other elements of Wolverine's family like Daken
    4. Relaunch Astonishing X-men with a new team with a different mission at a different pace, like X-men Blue
    5. Start a fresh New Mutants series with Jubilee and Magik taking lead
    6. Reshuffle and reorganize X-Force into an ongoing with Domino as the leader

That may be a lot, but this is what I hope to see with the future of the X-books.
    So far at least X-23 does seem to be continuing, and with it maintaining a steady 30,000-35,000 in sales I don't see them cancelling it (at least because of numbers). But while Logan's return and Daken dying/being used by Soteira ought to be addressed (I'd especially like to see Laura at odds with the X-Men because they apparently haven't bothered to tell her) I really don't want to see that dominate the book going forward. I'd MUCH rather see some of her own plot points picked up. Especially Kiden, the Hooded Woman, the Hellmark, and her relationships with the NXM (especially if Kiden and the NXM call her out on being a shitty friend).