Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Yay another lineup wishlist thread. I’ll be in with mine later, but I’d probably start with a few significant deaths and character mergings. Not a fan of redundancies and rotating chairs in limbo.

OH, I want the cool dynamic we got between Surge and Cyclops. It felt like she could confide in him, and he treated her as a peer and leader. Even the little stuff, like when the Evolutionary monkeys were trying to kill Scott and Emma had Pixie teleport Scott into a bunker with the New X-Men, he immediately told Surge that her team had one minute before he needed to leave.

The Red Dragon

No more crossovers or events for a long while. And no alternate time or time travel stories.

New costumes for the XMen. Jean Grey’s costume is a clunkly poorly color distributed mess, Jubilee is in an old costume for nostalgia wank, and everyone else’s look save for Storm just looks awful and forgettable.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    True Blue and Gold teams

That image above with the additions of X-23, Magik, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Cannonball, Dazzler, Mirage, Sunspot in any combo.....puh-lease!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Cyclops and Logan being the Junior X-Men's leather daddies in Uncanny X-Men. The other Senior X-Men can get the books with dumb color/adjectives and keep patting themselves on the back or whatever.

What the hell, I'm feeling generous, the other seniors could even guest-star and just hang out whenever they're sick and tired of pretending they actually like the current incarnation of Kitty Pryde.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I would like the Editorial team to plot out a 3 year direction for the franchise. More focus on the team family aspect of the X-men. 2 main X-men teams Uncanny and Astonishing.Both the big guns that handle the larger than life threats that allow the big guns to cut loose. Team X-books that are more plot driven and specific to certain characters like X-Force the non X-men renegade wanted by the law doing their own thing team. X-Statix The celebrity team. In between throw us some well thought out minis and not all at once space things out a little when it comes to the miniseries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    OH, I want the cool dynamic we got between Surge and Cyclops. It felt like she could confide in him, and he treated her as a peer and leader. Even the little stuff, like when the Evolutionary monkeys were trying to kill Scott and Emma had Pixie teleport Scott into a bunker with the New X-Men, he immediately told Surge that her team had one minute before he needed to leave.
    Back in the day Scott saw cannonball with a potential as a leader and was interested in training him, hopefully Scott will help Surge reach her full potential as a leader and mutant

BANNED

Keep uncanny X-Men mostly as it is

Announce a new

X-Men #1

With Cyclops, Logan, Maggot, gambit, rogue, trinary, Angel, colossus and marrow.

Thompson and larraz

Bishop leads his own team, and the mission is against time-displaced supernatural threats. Bishop has "time -displacement" senses where he can notice other people/creatures who are here from the past or future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So. Much. This. It's one of the reasons I want Surge back in a relevant role.
    The sad part is that Surge + Cyclops + interesting dynamic is all Marvel needs to overlook and put more random students in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yay another lineup wishlist thread. I’ll be in with mine later, but I’d probably start with a few significant deaths and character mergings. Not a fan of redundancies and rotating chairs in limbo.
    One year gap, following a significant Phoenix event. The Salem Center school is exposed as a mutant safehouse and destroyed, again. Students are either altogether missing, on the run, or stranger in the wake of the Phoenix event. The world is incredibly different, with the US adopting extreme hard-line stance against "the mutant menace". Sentinels, Purifiers, unorganized mutant criminals are everywhere. The Xavier-affiliated mutant leadership that remains meets to assess the damage and conceive a course of action.

Rogue suggests a comprehensive plan based on what the X-Men do best: teach.

UNCANNY X-MEN Nightcrawler and Storm lead a secret team of X-Men based out of the Reaver's base in the Australian Outback meant to rescue and provide sanctuary to mutant victims.
    Storm, Nightcrawler, Beast, White Queen, Colossus, Magik, Rachel Summers, Gateway, Jubilee, Dust, Prodigy, Iceman, Stepford Cuckoos, Glob, X-23, Sunfire

X-MEN Wolverine and Cyclops lead a more secret team of X-Men based out of the ruins of the Xavier Institute meant to apprehend and rehabilitate mutant criminals.
    Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit, Frenzy, Unuscione, Caliban, Blob, Toad

PSYLOCKE Elizabeth Braddock leads a global spy collective of psychic talents to infiltrate and disable anti-mutant interests and industries.
    Psylocke, Talisman, Karma, Empath

X-FORCE Cable leads an even more secret team of highly-trained operatives based out of Psylocke's global safehouses to penetrate and destroy anti-mutant interests and industries.
    Cable, Bishop, Longshot, Rictor, Cannonball, Warpath, Bedlam

Captain Britain and Scarlet Witch lead a public team of Excalibur based out of the Braddock Academy to establish and maintain public opinion of mutant heroes and X-Men agents.
    Captain Britain, Meggan, Scarlet Witch, Argent, Kylun, Feron, Wallop, Kid Briton, M, Rockslide, Nara, Pixie

Dazzler begins a new European tour featuring a fully mutant band and providing a soundtrack to the resistance to American-led anti-mutant hysteria.

WOLVERINES Between leading boot camp in New York and taking classes in the Outback, Logan and Laura find time to have adventures together.

For the X-Men to have a direction and stick to it, that's it.

More downtime issues. More character-focused adventures/done-in-ones. People getting out of the fucking school once in a while for something other than a mission.

One of the most disheartening things I read in interviews is writers saying they wanted to focus on so-and-so's story, but couldn't because of events, cross-overs, and other mandated nonsense. Stories don't have impact if the characters are secondary to plot, and we've seen way too much of this since Secret Wars.

It feels as if they are making things up as they go along. There should be long-term planning.

Incredible Member

Revive the (decades) old pitch of Wolverine and Banshee leading a young x Men team.