Default Future's End #0 Preview: first look at New 52 Batman Beyond

The preview for Future's End #0 is up now! In it we get our first glimpse of the Terry McGinnis & A.L.F.R.E.D. of nu52.

http://www.newsarama.com/21028-previ...res-end-1.html

Alfred is dead? Not cool.

Well, Terry is from like 50 years in the future. I don't think that Alfred would survive that long, lol.

All-New Member

I couldn't tell from that preview - is this an ongoing series or just a limited run?

All-New Member

Nevermind, checked the Wiki page for it... time travel? Is Batman really about time travel? And they wonder why they have to reboot the comic book universes every now and again when they start doing this sort of stuff right off the bat. Will give the first few issues a look as I like the Terry Batman, but not sure if this will be a keeper.

Amazing Member

i like the masthead

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trevorgensch View Post
    Nevermind, checked the Wiki page for it... time travel? Is Batman really about time travel? And they wonder why they have to reboot the comic book universes every now and again when they start doing this sort of stuff right off the bat. Will give the first few issues a look as I like the Terry Batman, but not sure if this will be a keeper.
    The story that will be told in this book is fundamentally safer than anything you do in a normal book because, at the end of the Future's End, everything is going to be wiped clean. You can't do that in a normal book. If Superman kills Zod, then that has to, by its very nature, affect Superman in all other books going forward. If Batman from the far future kills future Braniac, then that affects no other title than Future's End.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by trevorgensch View Post
    I couldn't tell from that preview - is this an ongoing series or just a limited run?
    Its a weekly that runs until next March.

I ended up enjoying the the #0 issue. Its nothing but set up really, but its done well enough.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I really enjoyed the FCBD issue and I'm totally sold on the weekly. I wasn't too sure before this as I'm not a huge fan of "OMG! The World is ending!" kind of stories but the tone wasn't overly pessimistic here and I'm a sucker for just about anything related to Batman Beyond.

BANNED

#0 was awesome. I am very interested in picking up this series.