View Poll Results: What should the X-writers do with Kitty Pryde ?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill her off

13 12.15%
  • Demote her to supporting character

59 55.14%
  • Not feature her at all

23 21.50%
  • Make her an leader of one of their X-teams

25 23.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Write her off, let her go to grad school or off to do something political for a while. Overexposure and bad writing have hurt Kitty's likability significantly so it'd be nice to have a break from her for a few years.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I have always liked Kitty, that is until Guggs got a hold of her. It's time to send her off to grad school or something. Give her a rest before bringing her back.

Im fine with her being demoted or going into limbo. We need a break from her and I actually think it would be best if she just was seen from time to time, not having a significant role for the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This is an undervalued point. Kitty is a 38-year old character and the vast, vast majority of her interactions is with the same characters (mostly just Colossus, Logan, Storm, Nightcrawler). She constantly gets put in the vicinity of Rachel and writers do nothing with it. Bendis revived her friendship with Magik and subsequent writers do nothing with it. And thst's the characters she actually has some relationship with. How many characters are there Kitty has had slim to no interaction with. I think Kitty and Gambit would be great foils to one another because they're almost polar opposite characters. Or Rogue, Cable, the various New Mutants she used to be dismissive of, MARROW (remember their contentious interactions), Dazzler... the list is endless. But we just keep going back to family setup where Storm and Logan are the parents, Kurt's the brother and Colossus is the husbando, which is a setup where Kitty will always be in a regressive, central Sue-esque position.
    I liked her inclusion in Dead Souls and if Marvel were to do another New Mutant revival, it would be interesting to include her in it
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-18-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Make her a main character in something less bright and capey. I'd love to see her on an Occupy Avengers, grass roots kind of book where she truly gets to pave her own way outside of the tired yellow/blue spandex. I think Mekanix was always the best direction for Kitty.

Kitty, Karma, Jono, Magik, Prodigy, and Shola.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They need to remember that more than one character can be capable at the same time.
    This is so true and essential that it's a disgrace we've got to tell Marvel again. They've totally missed the 'team title' notion, despite they once were the best in it ('they' I'm basically refering 'CC').

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I think Mekanix was always the best direction for Kitty.
    Agree.

I love Kitty Pryde. She's a great character and for the most part, she's a great leader. I think she has handled herself well in X-men Gold.

That said, I think she's in need of redemption. What she did to Colossus at their wedding was just heartbreaking. I have a hard time respecting or admiring her at this point. After running off to join the Guardians of the Galaxy and then coming back to break her long-time lover's heart, I feel as though she's lost a lot of credibility. How can anyone want to follow her when she's prone to just leave the team for personal reasons? How can anyone trust her when she says she loves someone, but willingly breaks their heart at the wedding?

Kitty Pryde needs an overhaul and I don't think she can be a leader right now. I'm all for her being a supporting character again, but she needs to regain some credibility before she has a prominent role with the X-men again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

She'd be a great senator or House representative in the long term. She needs to graduate from the school and do something in the real world. There was a time when she was out and about and then she was brought back as if she never left and never had a life outside the Xmen.

Her current bitchy stubborn incalcitrant attitude would serve well in government. She could actually help mutants by being in power.

They don't need to show her actually doing anything, just more or less write her out and say this is where she is.

Secret Avengers. Gimme the morning to flesh out a roster.

make her great again, duh : P

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Let Dan Slott write her.

Kitty-verse.

The Red Dragon

Cant said I would miss her if they killed her off.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Bendis kind of put her on this path with that whole Professor K stuff, but then she takes sabbatical year to have adventures with Chris Pratt.
    That was so awful!
    I love Kitty but I think she needs a break.

Fantastic Member

First time I read her was on excalibut and I thought she was Rachel’s sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like kitty. i feel like demoting her to support character after being on top would feel so bad but with so many other important characters and leaders there is little to do with her. so instead of being demoted i think going to limbo for a while would be good for her. but they should write her off in a good way, doing something important.
    I think several characters should go into limbo for a bit, and let some other characters step up to the plate for a change.