View Poll Results: What should the X-writers do with Kitty Pryde ?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill her off

13 12.15%
  • Demote her to supporting character

59 55.14%
  • Not feature her at all

23 21.50%
  • Make her an leader of one of their X-teams

25 23.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

IvX threw Storm into the blender and then Kitty took over and had Ororo running around under her, and now Jean. I'm bitter.

yea the xoffices are doing a number on ororo. ok I approve.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Her powers, abilities, and skills lend themselves to being on a covert operations and espionage team. She should lead X-Force.
    I agree, the AU version of her from Astonishing X-Men using the codename Shadow had a covert operative vibe and I really liked that. Have the main Kitty go in that direction.

BANNED

Jean being back has nothing to do with what can be done with Kitty.

There are always two or 3 X-teams so she can lead either one of them.

The "X-Person use your powers to do X-thing that you don't need instruction to do" leader talk that was in Gold was the same type of thing we've seen in the past with eye-laser guy. Guggenheim is just maybe slightly less talented than, say, Fraction. But it's not really different.

What Kitty really needs, like many characters, is a new set of characters to be around so she can be involved in new interactions.

Having her lead some sort of intelligence/spy team is a cool idea.

Kiling characters off is lazy as hell. I think Kitty is not my favorite character and that would still tick me off. Gotta be more creative than that.

In fact, lack of creativity is a huge problem across the franchise, right now.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Let Claremont & Davis write her in a new Excalibur book. Keep her away from Colossus for a long time.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

You could have her get caught up in space with Gambit and Rogue. Like, her and a few b c d listers go to help and end up being there for a lot longer than anticipated. Preferably end up taking residence somewhere and end up staying for a few good years. I like Mr and Mrs and hope it sticks around and I hope they stay in space. Rogue would preferably be the one giving orders because of her knowledge of the situation and it just kind of falls into place like that.

I would love to see Kitty Pryde's version of Uncanny Avengers.

I feel like Kitty needs two things:

1) Good writers (well, a lot of the X-Men do)

2) Not being the center of the whole X-Universe.

So, I actually kind of liked Kitty, but her development into the X-leader after IvX and her subsequent appearance pretty much EVERYWHERE, while also writing her as a super annoying brat made me dislike the character a lot, but I still think she doesn't deserve death (few characters do tbh), just take her a little out of the spotlight and let other characters shine as well.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

They need to remember that more than one character can be capable at the same time.

If Storm can survive being ridiculously demoted, so can Kitty. She'll be rested and fresh for the inevitable Excalibur relaunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Kitty's character failed when Marvel hired an incompetent writer. However, she's not a bad ccharacter at all and I don't think killing her will do any good. As one of the youngest X-Men who learned from all the different leaders throughout X-Men history, I feel Kitty should be a great leader. It was just written terribly.

1. Have Kitty as a regular in Tony Stark's Iron Man book as his intern/assistant/partner.

2. Bring Kitty back to her roots as a tech genius/hacker.

3. Reunite Excalibur (and have her date Wisdom again).

4. Have her lead a team of younger X-Men (like how she mentored the O5).

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like kitty. i feel like demoting her to support character after being on top would feel so bad but with so many other important characters and leaders there is little to do with her. so instead of being demoted i think going to limbo for a while would be good for her. but they should write her off in a good way, doing something important.
    Being demoted is not a issue. Kitty being promoted technically only happen because Wolverine, Jean Grey, Cyclops weren't around and Storm had a run at leadership and the writers wanted to do someone else new. So Kitty basically got the job by default and Kitty character type was never really leadership type which probably caused a lot of dislike of Kitty by X-fans because character who was never seen as given orders comes off as dickish even if it is natural progression of the character.

Kitty sliding back into more of a support role will work and probably be more dynamic character because she lead the X-men because whether it is Cyclops, Jean,Storm or whoever is charge making decision you can have Kitty going "Sorry no I disagree with that decision and oh yeah I lead the X-men my opinion mean something". Kitty has clear role imo to be "the maybe this other way is the best way" person and the "shut up listen Jean or Cyclops that decision is what I would do as leader too" person. Storm was suppose that as well to be the writers always seem to write current X-leaders decision as infallible so they was rarely any clashing.

Now what would I do with Kitty personally,They are a couple of X-men who I feel are stagnant on the main squad and luckily a bunch of them have ties to Excalibur. So I would put Kitty Pryde along with Nightcrawler, Colossus, Prestige and Psylocke in a Excalibur book. I don't see why you would put Kitty Limbo instead of bring back Excalibur and if you think Excalibur can't keep a ongoing series then bunch of mini series would be good as well.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I vote the 'supporting character' option, despite I don't like the word 'demote'.

I love Kitty, and I'm so sad for all the hate she's having lately due to bad writing. Make her take a step back, but just in order to have a break and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Hire good writers
    Basically, this.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Kitty's character failed when Marvel hired an incompetent writer. However, she's not a bad ccharacter at all and I don't think killing her will do any good. As one of the youngest X-Men who learned from all the different leaders throughout X-Men history, I feel Kitty should be a great leader. It was just written terribly.

1. Have Kitty as a regular in Tony Stark's Iron Man book as his intern/assistant/partner.

2. Bring Kitty back to her roots as a tech genius/hacker.

3. Reunite Excalibur (and have her date Wisdom again).

4. Have her lead a team of younger X-Men (like how she mentored the O5).
    X-Men Red hinted that Trinary would get the Stark intern role.

That Uncanny Avengers suggestion is a good one. Kitty hasn't been an Avenger before but having been the public face of the X-Men recently she'd certainly be capable of delivering the Unity message. X-Force would be a viable option considering her powers but that's unlikely as there's already an X-Force team. Excalibur reuniting would work.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    What Kitty really needs, like many characters, is a new set of characters to be around so she can be involved in new interactions.
    This is an undervalued point. Kitty is a 38-year old character and the vast, vast majority of her interactions is with the same characters (mostly just Colossus, Logan, Storm, Nightcrawler). She constantly gets put in the vicinity of Rachel and writers do nothing with it. Bendis revived her friendship with Magik and subsequent writers do nothing with it. And thst's the characters she actually has some relationship with. How many characters are there Kitty has had slim to no interaction with. I think Kitty and Gambit would be great foils to one another because they're almost polar opposite characters. Or Rogue, Cable, the various New Mutants she used to be dismissive of, MARROW (remember their contentious interactions), Dazzler... the list is endless. But we just keep going back to family setup where Storm and Logan are the parents, Kurt's the brother and Colossus is the husbando, which is a setup where Kitty will always be in a regressive, central Sue-esque position.

I absolutely love Kitty, she's in my top 10 X-men. But this Gold era has really hurt her popularity. The best thing for her would be to step down from the leadership role, it seems like no one has been shining there lately.