View Poll Results: What should the X-writers do with Kitty Pryde ?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill her off

13 12.15%
  • Demote her to supporting character

59 55.14%
  • Not feature her at all

23 21.50%
  • Make her an leader of one of their X-teams

25 23.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What should Marvel do with Kitty Pryde?

With Jean Grey back and the X-Men having an excess of leaders, plus what I have noticed many fans dislike for Kitty Pryde, what should Marvels' X-writers do with her ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Kitty should take a break and return to college. After a few years, she can return and fans will be happy to she her again.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like kitty. i feel like demoting her to support character after being on top would feel so bad but with so many other important characters and leaders there is little to do with her. so instead of being demoted i think going to limbo for a while would be good for her. but they should write her off in a good way, doing something important.

BANNED

Kill her they played it safe with that giant bullet stunt

Hire good writers

Just give the character a break for while. Have her appear from time to time, but not be a main cast member in a book. Make people miss her again.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    you're insane lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

They could just put her in a non X-book again if there's nothingn to really do with her. Throwing members of the bloated X-Men roster to the other, non-bloated books could help the line refocus.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you're insane lolol

IvX threw Storm into the blender and then Kitty took over and had Ororo running around under her, and now Jean. I'm bitter.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Launch an Excalibur book

NGL until Seeley confirmed that the "Live. Laugh. Love" poster child come to life on the left-hand side of the 'Apoc & the X-Tracts' cover was Kitty, I was genuinely happy at the thought that she might be dead. So they should kill her off, put her on Excalibur or make her an Advisor to a group of students again cause she always gets better writing when she's with them.

Her powers, abilities, and skills lend themselves to being on a covert operations and espionage team. She should lead X-Force.

BANNED

Kitty's kind of complicated. It's not even just the way Guggenheim wrote her, which damaged the character terribly, but the context in which she was brought back to the franchise. She spent most of a terrible crisis fooling around in space while her people died on Earth, and then she comes back as this symbol of hope and renovation. And on a conceptual level, it could work. Bendis kind of put her on this path with that whole Professor K stuff, but then she takes sabbatical year to have adventures with Chris Pratt. And we're supposed to buy, with IvX's bad taste still fresh, Kitty is the mutant's chance to come around, just because her writers can't help but self-insert being her pair of the year. I don't know what can be done with her bc she doesn't feel as part of a natural process. There were almost no challenges to her time as leader except saying "yes" to Piotr, which she blew and then basically called him a meanie for not wanting to talk to her. The whole context to Kitty's recent developments make it really hard to like her and, more than that, figure out a good role for her going forward. I'm all for her leading a spin-off team, not necessarily as leader, but maybe it should be a non-mutant team, to build new relationships for her and keep her away from the X-Men for a while.

She works great as a support character or send her to Limbo.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.