Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Seems like Lex suggests "his people" did most of that
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Seems like Lex suggests "his people" did most of that
    But his "people" are part of his resources. Like umm Wayne enterprises and Bruce's gadgets. He doesn't exactly build that batmobile himself

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    But his "people" are part of his resources. Like umm Wayne enterprises and Bruce's gadgets. He doesn't exactly build that batmobile himself
    The difference is that Batman already has that stuff, it's been built, it's done, he owns it to use for whatever. Lex using additional scientists to do stuff for him in a prep fight would be, y'know, Lex using additional scientists to do stuff for him in a prep fight. That's not his own prep.

Like he could use his labs and what all ever tech crap belongs to him and etc?

You otherwise get into "and Valeria could go to her dad for help, her dad is certainly a resource she could draw on."

This used to lead down dark, dark roads involving claims like Batman drawing on Dr Fate for stuff with prep ;p

I do not want to travel down these roads again ;p
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-18-2018 at 11:34 PM.

I see. Well in that case I suppose he'll have to settle for the good ol Kryptonian killing/planet busting weaponry he was putting out, in the last few years of the post crisis era

It's a shame really that Lex didn't go full "mad scientist" till after Johns' attempted silver age reboot post infinite crisis. Before that, he was corrupt businessman / ex scientist, dead, his own son, corrupt businessesman /father who sold his daughter, the President, replaced by his alt universe version

Still I guess it made for a more well rounded character overall

Swiss army nerd

Lex does the casual time travel and curing the incurable thing, too. I think it was the Geoff Johns Superboy run in Adventure Comics, Lex had Conner run around for him collecting ingredients to cure his sister's illness. This included sending Conner and Krypto back in time for something only found in the Cretaceous period or something. He cures his sister, then un-cures her, just to spite Superman. "Tell him what I could do if he wasn't here" kinda thing. And all that time travel and curing said illness was literally Lex just having fun with Conner and being mean to Clark. A diversion.

The more recent "savvy businessman tactician who might kinda sorta wanna be a hero maybe" take on Lex isn't my favourite, give me mad scientist Lex any day. Though he's not often written that way, IMO Lex should make Reed and Doom look dumb. He should be that good.

BANNED

Valeria will call him her "uncle lex" and before you know it he is going to be stealing cakes for her.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    The more recent "savvy businessman tactician who might kinda sorta wanna be a hero maybe" take on Lex isn't my favourite, give me mad scientist Lex any day. Though he's not often written that way, IMO Lex should make Reed and Doom look dumb. He should be that good.
    On what basis?

When has he EVER been shown to have feats even on par with Reed’s and Doom’s better stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    On what basis?

When has he EVER been shown to have feats even on par with Reed’s and Doom’s better stuff?
    Pre Crisis Lex got up to some super crazy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Pre Crisis Lex got up to some super crazy crap.
    Like punching children, and stealing cakes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Is DC's smartest character really dumber than a toddler from Marvel?

I thought Marvel characters were supposed to be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Is DC's smartest character really dumber than a toddler from Marvel?

I thought Marvel characters were supposed to be realistic.
    .. so basically this is feeling like a grudge thread when you post something like that.

BANNED

.. so basically this is feeling like a grudge thread when you post something like that.
    Ain't I allowed to be surprised at DC's smartest character being dumber than a pre-kindergarten from a "realistic" universe?

If indeed he is, which is the thing being discussed without particular conclusion as of yet, considering people, including myself, asking for feats for Valeria, whatever floats your boat?

edit: I'll just put it like this: When you're at the point of scare quotes when talking about the concept of a comic book company's setting, after the previous post besides, well... If the notion of this thread from its first post wasn't to take shots in some direction or other, it's getting kinda thin to see how.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-19-2018 at 03:22 AM.

BANNED

If indeed he is, which is the thing being discussed without particular conclusion as of yet, considering people, including myself, asking for feats for Valeria, whatever floats your boat?
    If I heard that one Universe is "the universes of gods", while the other universe is the "realistic universe", but at the same time a pre-kindergarten child from the "realistic Universe" is more intelligent and a better scientist than the smartest scientist from the "universe of the gods", am I not allowed to be surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    If I heard that one Universe is "the universes of gods", while the other universe is the "realistic universe", but at the same time a pre-kindergarten child from the "realistic Universe" is more intelligent and a better scientist than the smartest scientist from the "universe of the gods", am I not allowed to be surprised?
    That definitely sounds like what's going on here, you bet.