BANNED

Default Lex Luthor vs Valeria Richards

DC's Smartest character vs a pre-kindergarten Marvel character

Battle in Argentina
    616-Valeria Richards, pre-Secret Wars. Post-Crisis Lex Luthor
    Both in-character
    Both get 3 months of prep-time

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Valeria operates on a higher scale than Lex. With prep, she slaughters him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Valeria operates on a higher scale than Lex. With prep, she slaughters him.
    What has she done, featwise?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    What has she done, featwise?
    Casual time travel, dimension hopping, curing incurable illnesses, spotting mistakes in her dad's and Doom's work and, by presentation and acclimation of people in the know - Reed and Doom, for example - being basically at her dad's level or maybe a bit beyond as a three year old. Now yes that last thing isn't a feat, but presentation is important here, and that's her presentation.

So, it's arguable if she's REALLY at their level, but she doesn't have any feats AT ALL of NOT being at that level, and all the few feats that she actually has ARE at that level, so... that's kind of what we are stuck with.

Also, even just a decent fraction of "Reed and Doom" level is well past Lex.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Casual time travel, dimension hopping, curing incurable illnesses, spotting mistakes in her dad's and Doom's work and, by presentation and acclimation of people in the know - Reed and Doom, for example - being basically at her dad's level or maybe a bit beyond as a three year old. Now yes that last thing isn't a feat, but presentation is important here, and that's her presentation.

So, it's arguable if she's REALLY at their level, but she doesn't have any feats AT ALL of NOT being at that level, and all the few feats that she actually has ARE at that level, so... that's kind of what we are stuck with.

Ehh, Lex has done some stupid crazy tech things over his career.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

But Lex has literally done everything that you mention that can be considered a tangible feat..... and that's just in the past couple of years, some of that stuff just weeks ago

Presentation wise Lex has occasionally been treated as smarter than folks that destroy universes via tech so yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    But Lex has literally done everything that you mention that can be considered a tangible feat..... and that's just in the past couple of years, some of that stuff just weeks ago

Presentation wise Lex has occasionally been treated as smarter than folks that destroy universes via tech so yeah....
    Thread calls for post crisis Luthor, not Nu/Rebirth Lex. Stuff he's done of late is not that guy.

edit: I have no grand opinion on the fight, just noting who the OP is having go at it here.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-18-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Right. I just assumed current versions. Anyway Post crisis Lex has done all but time travel from the stuff mentioned. He has more battle suitable feats anyway with prep

Maybe I'm crazy, but if they are close-ish in terms of other stuff, perhaps with Valeria having an edge, wouldnt the guy more well known to create super battle armor for actual fighting have an edge?

Like Valeria might get first place in the science fair, but if Lex is getting second place but is ALSO a military mind with countless battles and fighting hardware feats, I feel like it favors that guy

More to a fight than pure brain power. Nerves, experience, etc

I guess what im asking is does Valeria have actual combat stuff? Or is it all lab work feats?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I suppose the idea would be that if she's smart enough, she could make something that would render rolling up in a battlesuit irrelevant, but that would depend on what she's actually created/understands the workings of intellectually to reproduce some variant of.

Yeah Lex has combat fears against her. But to her defense. She crazy smart. Like really crazy smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I suppose the idea would be that if she's smart enough, she could make something that would render rolling up in a battlesuit irrelevant, but that would depend on what she's actually created/understands the workings of intellectually to reproduce some variant of.
    I suppose. Like a pre programmed reality warping machine that starts at the bell?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I suppose. Like a pre programmed reality warping machine that starts at the bell?
    Or something that hacks all of Lex's tech or whatever. But it depends on what she's actually shown herself capable of.

Astonishing Member

Pre-Crisis Lex is bad news for Valeria. He's had experience with beating up kids.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    All Lex needs is to study her biological composition. And then 10 minutes and a sketch pad