Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    I really want to see more of Diana’s costumed villains make their return, but barring that...

    Black Adam & Isis
    Queen Bee
    Mongul
    Despero
    Doctor Destiny
    Maxima
    A combined Axis America and Fourth Reich
    Masters of Disaster
    Doctor Polaris

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    In team ups she often fights characters from other rogues galleries and it's often very good. One of the more prominent examples is Ursa or Faora. so what others would you like to see her fight? One that comes to my mind is Livewire.
    Hmmmmm.

    Zod.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  3. #18
    Spectacular Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Anti-monitor

    Darkseid in a proper fight instead of Deus ex machina in Rebirth
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 11-27-2018 at 06:18 AM.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Anti-monitor

    Darkseid in a proper fight instead of Deus ex machina in Rebirth
    Yes, this.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    More neutral than true villain, but Lobo would make for an interesting foe.
    I've never understood this "more neutral than true villain" business. He's guilty of genocide or attempted genocide (there may be one or two survivors) - of his own people! - is a ruthless killer, and never shows remorse.

    He seems to get a pass from some of the heroes - even Batman - because he's so cool and macho and smokes a stogie. "He's got stones!" I expect Bruce to say. (Similarly, sociopathic killer Harley Quinn gets a pass because she's cute and perky and good at banter). And because the writers want to use him. It's like he's got a plot-immunity reality-distortion field.

    I consider him a true villain. but that's just me.
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I've never understood this "more neutral than true villain" business. He's guilty of genocide or attempted genocide (there may be one or two survivors) - of his own people! - is a ruthless killer, and never shows remorse.

    He seems to get a pass from some of the heroes - even Batman - because he's so cool and macho and smokes a stogie. "He's got stones!" I expect Bruce to say. (Similarly, sociopathic killer Harley Quinn gets a pass because she's cute and perky and good at banter). And because the writers want to use him. It's like he's got a plot-immunity reality-distortion field.

    I consider him a true villain. but that's just me.
    The thing about Lobo, is that he's a parody character with a lot of dark humor. He's not meant to be taken seriously in that sort of context.

    He's a bounty hunter, and the two things you can always trust with him, are his word and his love of space dolphins. And a third thing would be that he loves making things explode.

  7. #22
    Swiss army nerd
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Black Adam would be fun for a while. I actually think he'd be intensely in love with Diana, and she wouldn't have any time for him at all.

    I've always had a WW story in mind that explores her relationship with America, by putting her in conflict with Lex Luthor, with an appearance by Superman. They're the light and dark sides of America, one an immigrant who achieved the American dream and who uses his immense privilege to help the less fortunate, the other an out of control capitalist whose belief in his own power and freedom could consume everything due to his irresponsibility, which is really nothing more than self interest. I'd be really interested to see how Diana would tackle Lex if the two came into open conflict of interests.

    Agree that Vandal Savage feels like an amazing fit for Diana's rogues gallery.

  8. #23
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,889

    Default

    But Lobo started out as not such a serious character and played for laughs--the last of his kind, his people were killed by the Psions. His origin was retconned later to give him more darkness. Kind of the opposite of Black Adam who was retconned to make him more sympathetic.
    sorry 🍁

  9. #24
    Mighty Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    I like to ponder how they would work as characters in a WW story. Livewire strikes me as the sort of person WW might take to Themiscyra for rehabilitation. which... yeah... interesting potential there. Also Livewire is a very different opponent than most that WW fights.

  10. #25
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,133

    Default

    Diana and Poison Ivy could be an interesting dynamic as well potentially.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Diana and Poison Ivy could be an interesting dynamic as well potentially.
    Kind of a shame that Heroes in Crisis killed Ivy off then. Along with several other heroes, and made Harley somehow able to get the jump on the trinity...

    But that's a different issue.

  12. #27
    Mighty Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Diana and Poison Ivy could be an interesting dynamic as well potentially.
    They had a short teamup in the Sensation Comics "Return to Gaia", but I didn't think the story was executed well. They also fought in "A Kiss of Death Times Three" / "A Poison of the Heart" (available in the "Batman Arkham: Poison Ivy" collection), but that was back in the 70s.

    But I agree, if there is one superhero who gets where Poison Ivy is coming from and would see her as a potential friend, it's Wonder Woman.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kind of a shame that Heroes in Crisis killed Ivy off then. Along with several other heroes, and made Harley somehow able to get the jump on the trinity...

    But that's a different issue.
    Remember Ivy's body hasn't been seen yet.

  14. #29
    Amazing Member RudHao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Remember Ivy's body hasn't been seen yet.
    I would honestly be surprised if an iconic bat villain like Poison Ivy was killed off....

    Even if she was though that death definitely wouldn't stick....

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    I would honestly be surprised if an iconic bat villain like Poison Ivy was killed off....

    Even if she was though that death definitely wouldn't stick....
    Well, Wally West and Roy Harper were both killed off. Wally even had a long stint as Flash while in the Justice League. Roy had re-emerged not only as a member of the Titans, but also as a member of the Outlaws and one of Jason Todd's closest friends. They sure weren't spared.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •