Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pitch A Direction: Cassie Sandsmark

91f02427f5d4608379eb2ba8e26594e8.jpg

Cassandra "Cassie" Sandsmark, also known as Wonder Girl, was created by John Byrne and first appeared in Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #105 (January 1996). The second Wonder Girl, Cassie is a sidekick of Wonder Woman and has been featured as a prominent member of both Teen Titans and Young Justice.

With Yara Flor becoming Wonder Girl, what direction would you pitch for Cassie Sandsmark?

I don't know the character verh well but I actually liked the idea of the silent armor from the new 52. Like yeah, it's kinda similar to Magik, but it fits Wonder Woman lore so much better than X-men.

Spilling out of the ending to Dark Knights: Death Metal Cassie Sandsmark isn't who she thinks she is and neither is her mother Helena. Zeus stole her from an alternate timeline to save his pantheon and entrusted her to Helena's care. She's really Lyta Trevor daughter of Earth 2 Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor. A 6 issue limited series would focus on this discovery and it's ramifications.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 01-09-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Spilling out of the ending to Dark Knights: Death Metal Cassie Sandsmark isn't who she thinks she is and neither is her mother Helena. Zeus stole her from an alternate timeline to save his pantheon and entrusted her to Helena's care. She's really Lyta Trevor daughter of Earth 2 Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor. A 6 issue limited series would focus on this discovery and it's ramifications.
    You know...I could be down with that.

I'd put her as an undergrad. She's balancing life as a student with life as a superhero. It allows us to bring back her "everyman/audience surrogate" status and gives her a niche away from the others.

I'd make her the new Fury. A History undergrad following on the footsteps of her archeologist mother.
    She'd gain her powers by using mystical objects given to her by the gods. As a kid, she was brave enough to defy even Zeus, so she's allowed a place among Earth's champions now.
    Ideally she'd still be a member of YJ alongside her friends (all following new paths away from their mentors) and she could team up with Yara from time to time.
    Her look would bring back classic elements from her first YJ career, but she'd wear mostly red (in honor of former Furies) and her symbol would be a golden eagle with thunderbolts for wings.

Bring back the clay origin for Diana. Maintain the Zeus origin for Cassie and explore what that means for the character by having her go on a heroes journey. What kind of abilities would she have that Diana wouldn't? Is she more or less powerful than other WW family members? How did her mother meet Zeus? Did she know it was him?

I’d make her Are’s’ daughter instead of Zeus or that’s the god she gets her powers from.

For the sake of consistency I would keep it as Zeus. Ares can be her weird uncle/mentor figure like he was to her around Infinite Crisis.

A book with Lyta Milton dealing with magic and myth.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    For the sake of consistency I would keep it as Zeus. Ares can be her weird uncle/mentor figure like he was to her around Infinite Crisis.
    Yeah, guess that would still work.

For a moniker I’d probably have her called Olympia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, guess that would still work.

For a moniker I’d probably have her called Olympia.
    I hear "Olympia" and immediately think of Olympia Dukakis in "Moonstruck" and want to say "snap out of it!".

Olympia and Fury are perfect names. Don't know if Diana still has her Zeus origin with the everything matters retool. I'll just assume she's still Zeus' daughter. Make Cassie Hercules' daughter (Hercules after his ascension to full god) so she's still a demigod and Zeus' granddaughter.

I remember that I did a pitch of having Cassie meeting other demigods/goddess and having an adventure with them making her the 'Percy Jackson' of the DC Universe or have her going on mystical adventures akin to Tomb Rider also I would have her as a history undergrad. I would have her as the daughter of Zeus because if Zeus can have many semi-divine children I don't see why both she and Diana could both be his daughters.

Wonder Woman hasn't use Gateway City for a long time so maybe that could be Cassie's setting with her having adventures and life as a student with Cissie and Greta because they reside in Gateway City and maybe they con don their respective mantles, Arrowette and Secret. I would have Cassie go by the codename, Fury, and her costume would look similar to her Injustice 2 comic book series counterpart as well as having the lasso of lightning.

Thinking about Cassie. What about Cassie's mom being an Amazon who left the Island? Or at least has a connection with them due to Zeus. She spends her daughter there to not enrage Hera