Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Christopher Priest

I know these questions are always subjective and hard to answer. The idea of ranking is arbitrary, but in all honesty would you guys agree that in terms of their legacy and body of work these are the top 3 writers in dc comics of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    I know these questions are always subjective and hard to answer. The idea of ranking is arbitrary, but in all honesty would you guys agree that in terms of their legacy and body of work these are the top 3 writers in dc comics of all time
    No.

How can you leave out guys like Gardner Fox?

I'm assuming you haven't many comic books from before the 1980s/1990s?

BANNED

I know a lot of people will find my inclusion of Priest odd here but would most of you agree that his run on death stroke is already a classic on the same level as Moore’s swamp thing or Morrison’s doom patrol etc?

I know a lot of people will find my inclusion of Priest odd here but would most of you agree that his run on death stroke is already a classic on the same level as Moore’s swamp thing or Morrison’s doom patrol etc?
    Wouldn't know; no interest in Deathstroke, so I haven't bothered to read it.

1) Alan Moore

2) Christopher Priest

Outside of his run on JLA and Batman: Arkham Asylum-A Serious House on Serious Earth I have never liked anything else Morrison wrote at DC and at other publishers.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 11-18-2018 at 02:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    1) Alan Moore
    2) Christopher Priest

Outside of his run on JLA and Batman: Arkham Asylum-A Serious House on Serious Earth I have never cared about anything else Morrison wrote.
    do you agree that Priest is the 2nd best ever

do you agree that Priest is the 2nd best ever
    Out of those 3 you listed, yeah. Of all time, no.

I mean I personally would put Priest up there with them, but that’s not going to be a popular opinion around here. Or anywhere really.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I would not put Preist with Moore and Morrison. He is nowhere near those two in my opinion.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I would not put Preist with Moore and Morrison. He is nowhere near those two in my opinion.
    Would you have him in mid tier at least

Would you have him in mid tier at least
    Yes. I think Mid-tier is where Priest belongs.
    Last edited by KC; 11-18-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Retired

"Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Christopher Priest"--sounds like the set up for a joke, but what's the punchline?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    "Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Christopher Priest"--sounds like the set up for a joke, but what's the punchline?
    The punchline is two were allowed to write almost anything they wanted. The other did not. Which is why he left the industry.

Never mind when you look at his resume Cap America, Ironfist, Batman, Spider Man, Superman, Hal Jordan and others are there. So its not like he can't write anybody. However like many from the 80s-those comics with his work are not in trades (mainly his DC work). And we still don't know what he did for Milestone.

He's just known for a Panther from Wakanda and a Terminator. The other two don't have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Yes. I think Mid-tier is where Priest belongs.
    I'm not sure Priest is mid-tier. He's a talented writer who has been producing quality work for decades. While he's not on the level of Moore or Morrison, he's definitely pretty well above average.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Morrison is too "meta" for my tastes. Moore is far and away the best. I haven't read enough of Priest to know anything about him.
    Assassinate Putin!