Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    I really want the Harry Osborn saga collected in an omni.

Will never happen.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...bus-collection
    All good things in time. This is a highly regarded/sought after run. I see no reason why this wouldn't get omni'd eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Well they did collect it they just have been OOP for a long time now, but it was collected.
    It sure would be nice to have it collected in one volume, including Moore's last penned issue that years later kickstarted Larsen's run.
    Thing is, if it's collected along Larsen's run, one half of the book just wouldn't be as good as the first.

All-New Member

Groo The Wanderer

Spectacular Member

That would be stupid, if we never saw a Groo collection.

Then started thinking, would we ever see a “What if...” or “What the?!” omnibus? And where’s the JLA Incarnations collection? I just found out I’m missing the last issue.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 02-01-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

I’d love to see cover collections. Having a book of full or even oversized covers would be a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I'd love to see the 80's All-Star Squadron collected as it was a childhood fave of mine. I know there was a B&W TPB but I'd love the Omnibus treatment.
    That would be nice!
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I'd love to see the 80's All-Star Squadron collected as it was a childhood fave of mine. I know there was a B&W TPB but I'd love the Omnibus treatment.
    Heck, even a complete collection thick TPB series of this series would be most welcome! I LOVE Roy Thomas' stuff, especially this series. WWII heroes was his obvious love. Why has this not been collected? Is it because all the Crisis' and they sort of wrote them out of existence or whatever? (DC confuses the hell outta me sometimes). I doubt it will ever be omnibus material if it can't even get into paperbacks first. But you never know.

Back on point, there's nothing trademark wise or anything keeping this series from being collected, is there?

And regarding Micronauts, who owns that trademark these days? Does IDW?

Unrelated question to this specific thread, but who owns the Indiana Jones trademark? Did that come over to Marvel with the Lucas deal? I'm guessing 'no' because we haven't seen anything Indy related, even a reprint EPIC collection of the old Marvel series from the 80s. Unless they're sitting on it until they decide to release another movie, but I doubt they would hold onto it, so perhaps this is still with IDW or elsewhere as well?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    I’d love to see cover collections. Having a book of full or even oversized covers would be a treat.
    What covers? Any particular artist/series/run?

I know I'd buy a proper Brian Bolland Wonder Woman or Animal Man covers collection for my coffee table...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'd love to see a Hal Jordan collection that chronicles his rise, fall (Emerald Twilight) and redemption (Rebirth). I don't even know if you can buy Emerald Twilight as a trade (or in any way besides hunting down the single issues). It's too late for me to Google.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    I'd love to see a Hal Jordan collection that chronicles his rise, fall (Emerald Twilight) and redemption (Rebirth). I don't even know if you can buy Emerald Twilight as a trade (or in any way besides hunting down the single issues). It's too late for me to Google.
    I think the most recent reprint of "Emerald Twilight" was in GL: Kyle Rayner Vol. 1.

There's two older collections of "ET", but they're both long out of print. Ironically enough, the first trade (from 1994, only collects GL #48-50) is cheaper on the secondary market than the later trade (2003/2004, includes "New Dawn").
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    And regarding Micronauts, who owns that trademark these days? Does IDW?

Unrelated question to this specific thread, but who owns the Indiana Jones trademark? Did that come over to Marvel with the Lucas deal? I'm guessing 'no' because we haven't seen anything Indy related, even a reprint EPIC collection of the old Marvel series from the 80s. Unless they're sitting on it until they decide to release another movie, but I doubt they would hold onto it, so perhaps this is still with IDW or elsewhere as well?
    Hasbro owns the Micronauts trademarks. But there are characters, such as Bug, Nick Fury and others who appeared in the Marvel Micronauts series who belong to Marvel, so reprinting those for anyone is problematic as the Marvel specific characters can't be used by anyone else without Marvel's permission and the Micronauts name and concepts can't be used unless Hasbro permits it. Hasbro is pushing a different version of the Micronauts (they supposedly have an animated series and live action movie in the works) and don't want older competing versions on the market, so collections of any of the versions prior to the recent IDW licensed run are unlikely (this applies to the Image and DDP runs too, not just the Marvel run).

Disney owns Indiana Jones, it came with Lucasfilm. Dark Horse reprinted those Marvel issues in their omnibus format and they were dud sellers, so don't expect Disney (or Marvel) to do anything with them any time soon.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

In a similar vein, I'd like to see Final Night and its tie-ins collected together, though I could see this happening maybe one day (perhaps its own 25th anniversary if the ZH omni does okay)

I'd also like to see Guy Gardner's 90s series collected.

The least likely, though, to me would be ever seeing DeMatteis' Spectre run collected. If Ostrander's run couldn't be completed, I doubt this one would see the light of day (and I think it's pretty much non-canon these days anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think the most recent reprint of "Emerald Twilight" was in GL: Kyle Rayner Vol. 1.
    Thanks! Added to my wishlist.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Spectacular Member

Bisley and Doom patrol covers come to mind. Oh and Seinkewics.

Was browsing the cover gallery and thought a villains selection like Dr Doom would be cool too.

Incredible Member

In case you were not aware Emerald Dawn I and II (Hal's two post-Crisis origin mini series) were released in a single TPB back in Jan 2017 as "Green Lantern: Hal Jordan" https://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern...ern+hal+jordan