Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Which New X-Man deserves to be on a main team?

Pixie was part of Uncanny during the San Francisco period, Armor in Astonishing and even Ink made it to the Gold team. Recently we saw Gentle in Red and X-23 was on several core teams.

However some like Hellion, Dust, Surge, Indra and Mercury never made it in so far.

Who would you think deserves a spotlight on a core team by now?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Surge and Dust, for sure.
    Armor, Pixie and Gentle should return to the big leagues too.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Aside from armor and pixie, surge and hellion need more spotlight.

Surge and Hellion.

The easy answer for me is Surge. She has powerset that can used in many different ways but they can play up the Superspeed angle more and Marvel has one big name speedster in Quicksilver. So Surge is ripe for being able to find big time niche as Speedster.Story Wise she was leader and it make sense to call her up to big league so to speak.

Surge, Hellion, and Dust.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

It's funny how Surge was being prepared to become a leader and fell into obscurity.

In addition to those already mentioned would like to see Mercury, Rockslide and Triage. Before Bendis makes Eva too powerful would also like to see her in a team but now this is no longer possible.

Interesting it seems that girls seem to be more popular with students among readers.

BANNED

Hellion, (preferably on the same team as Laura for maximum awkward tension) Surge, Dust, Mercury...

Aw hell, I just want the whole group to finally be allowed to graduate to the full squad.

I'm always hesitant to use words like deserve since in writing that is completely irrelevant, writers don't write chapters because it's their time, usually it's because the writer is interested in the character or they are forced to include them due to popularity.

If asked who I would like to see on a team I would choose surge, I can see many great ways the character could be used in the current crop of x book.

I have to say Surge because of all the development they gave her in New X-Men. And because she has really cool powers.

Prodigy would be a good choice too because he was great at getting his team to work together. I would love to see that translate into trying to organize a team of older X-Men.

And Rockslide. Just so we have another character who is a heavy hitter outside of Colossus. And he can bring some funny moments.

Prodigy.

Are his powers back?

I think Uncanny got it right: Armor, Anole, Rockslide, Glob, Pixie, and Oya.

I’d be inclined to add Bling! and Mercury though.

I liked Indra’s powers before he became a magical knight in purple armor.

man, that's hard but i HAVE to go with Surge. throwing her in any situation, esp one where she isnt calling the shots and the ones who were complicit in her trauma at Xavier's are back on the top of the food chain would be interesting to see. i wish she could join the Last X-Men but Rosenberg hasn't written her before and I doubt he'd start during such an important event for the X-Men.

Runner-ups are definitely Dust and Mercury (the other NXM leader types like Hellion and Prodigy should be on X-Force and X-Factor, respectively)

Surge Dust and Hellion...

Although I'm pretty sure we had this exact discussion with a Poll attached to it like...2 months ago...
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

Oya, Dust, and Surge