Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I would really enjoy seeing follow up to the angst illustrated between Nori and Lee, from back in the Utopia era. That whole "You're not one of us anymore" thing.

Additionally, IF Surge were selected for X-spotlighting, I really do hope that they would explore creative use of her powers more. She's more than electrocution girl. She's a conduit, a siphon and a speedster in addition to "blaster". There are resourceful applications of her power that have yet to be applies or explored. I'd also love to see she and Hisako become besties.

Now, with Miss FROST the newly self appointed Black King of the Hellfire Club, I'd really love to see her recruit some choice powerhouses to prove her good intentions, and if she's going to be cherry picking the X-youths, then I'd love to see a reconciliation between she and Julian.

I'd enjoy reading more stories that give Sooraya some attention but I really don't believe she's superhero material. She's adverse to violence, like Paras, and although they are intriguing characters, the heroics aren't the direction either of them seem to wish to explore. They'd make for excellent rescue/aid specific field work, but really when does that ever not devolve into fists and blastings? But I'd be intrigued (and impressed) to read if the X-Men created a rescue/recon team that doesn't engage in battle. Potential candidates would include: Dust, Indra, Cipher, Hindsight, Morph, Eyeboy, ...Ernst?

Surge or Hellion. It's less a matter of "deserves" than I think those two would add the most interesting dynamic to a team otherwise comprised of older X-Men. They're young enough that they still have room to grow and develop, experienced enough that we're not getting the millionth iteration of "wide-eyed newbie joins the X-Men", and jaded enough that they're going to add conflict in a way someone more convinced of the older team's infallibility/best intentions wouldn't. They also both have legitimate grievances against the senior X-Men (Hellion in particular!) that any writer worth their salt should be able to run with, which adds the bonus of potential growth for the older X-Men as well, not just the junior league.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-19-2018 at 07:43 AM.

It's time for Loa to make a breakout performance!

Hellion is my pick

As much as I love the New X-Men, I think the New Mutants and Gen X have been waiting longer and "deserve" it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    As much as I love the New X-Men, I think the New Mutants and Gen X have been waiting longer and "deserve" it more.
    100% agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Feast your ear-tongues on these knowledge-pops, y'all.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Anole, Surge, Hellion, and Armour.

All-New Member

Surge and Hellion for sure. But the whole gang would be cool: Mercury, Indra, Rockslide, Anole, Pixie, Prodigy, Elixir, Match...

I think that the best way of doing the new teams is the "mixing-characters" way. When they first anounce the Gold and Blue titles, I thought that they were going to do just that, mix the different characters on the two teams, but instead, they do an O5-team and the Claremont-team, just the contrary of the Blue and Gold era. The Red team on the other hand I think is the way to do things. Maybe I didn't like the inclusion of that or this character, but as a whole, the team is great and could develope some new and refreshing interactions with old fan-favorite characters along somo other and refreshing characters and situations.

In my opinion, that shold be the way on the future: some old, some new, not abusing the nostalgia factor, and of course NO-clones-NO-Alternatecharacters-NO-timedesplaced. There are a lot of good underused good characters!!

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I've been saying it for a while - you NEED to have Armor and Surge on the same team, to explore the interesting dynamic that stems from how different they are while still both being teenage Japanese girls.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Surge, Dust, Mercury, Anole and Hellion.

Did Hisako really get demoted after Astonishing ended? Wasn't she a tutor when she joined Logan's group?

Extraordinary Member

I want Rockslide.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Surge seems like the easy choice, but I want more Dust.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Surge, Dust, Mercury, Anole and Hellion.

Did Hisako really get demoted after Astonishing ended? Wasn't she a tutor when she joined Logan's group?
    Yeah she did. She went back to being a trainee in the background when they moved to SF

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I've been saying it for a while - you NEED to have Armor and Surge on the same team, to explore the interesting dynamic that stems from how different they are while still both being teenage Japanese girls.
    You know Marvel runs on a quota. Its rare to have two non-white characters of the same ethnicity on the team

Blindfold she is a relative to Rogue. so she needs to be in.

After Rogue gets the leader keys. i hope the direction of the franchise are clear again.