Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Earth-616 where heroes younger than them like Kamala Khan and Nadia Pym have their own team and are treated like adults.
    The Champions are not the equals of the real Avengers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    They are overqualified for the job. Wayyyyyyyy overqualified.

They don't need to be as experienced as Storm or Cyclops, they are already competent enough to hold their own against Nimrods, Bastion, the Purifiers, Limbo demon hordes, Belasco, the Facility, Sentinels, Horsemen of Apocalypse, and whatever monster of the week Utopia had.
    No matter how many stories they were in, there are dozens of other mutants who have been doing it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No matter how many stories they were in, there are dozens of other mutants who have been doing it longer.
    Yeah? You can say that for anyone who isn't a part of the O5/Giant-Sized roster. That isn't grounds for stunting character growth/potential.

The gag is most of the New X-men are the same age and/or older with more experience than the veteran X-men when they first joined. The 05, Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rachel, Jubilee, Rogue were younger and/or far less experienced than the likes of Armor, Pixie, Surge, Anole, Rockslide, etcc.. are right now.

Okay, sure. You keep waiting for that. When the Academy kids headline their own cartoons, video games, and films, and sell the most comics ever, and have a 16 year medium-shattering run, you let me know.

The Champions are not the equals of the real Avengers.
    The Champions were on equal terms with the Avengers as their own small group when they crossed over, their core trinity were all Avengers, and they're expanding to a Legion of Superheroes-style global operation bigger than the current Avengers. Marvel considers them equals, and they are young characters who are growing like young characters do, unlike X-Not-Kids-Who-Might-As-Well-Be-Kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Champions were on equal terms with the Avengers as their own small group when they crossed over, their core trinity were all Avengers, and they're expanding to a Legion of Superheroes-style global operation bigger than the current Avengers. Marvel considers them equals, and they are young characters who are growing like young characters do, unlike X-Not-Kids-Who-Might-As-Well-Be-Kids.
    Well maybe when Disney gets the X-rights finalized, the X-Brats can be fully exploited by the mega-corporation too.

Okay, sure. You keep waiting for that. When the Academy kids headline their own cartoons, video games, and films, and sell the most comics ever, and have a 16 year medium-shattering run, you let me know.
    I don't get it. Generation X isn't being held to such high standards as films and video games. Also, Surge and Pixie have been in a video game (for the 3 X-Men games that came out ssince the characters were released, and I don't think I can say the same for Husk or Chamber or Cypher or). A bunch of them apepared in Wolverine and the X-Men already (as cameos, yes, but for a series that was not focused on them, it was telling that they even appeared).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Exactly. Even if they're not appearing as frequently or prominently as in the past, they're still considered full-fledged X-Men.
    I mean, are they? Did Kitty really respect Shan's authority over her team in Dead Souls?

As recently as the Mojo crossover between Gold and Blue, Dani was demoted to crowd control meanwhile the teenage O5 were allowed to do whatever they wanted.
    Magma was supposedly on substitute Gold team but more often than not was completely forgotten by the writer.
    None of the X-Men even noticed that Cypher had somehow gotten addicted to the internet and was living in squalor.

In the recent Gen X, Jubilee and Chamber were teachers. But does that somehow make them full fledged X-Men, given the same respect as say Colossus or Nightcrawler?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I mean, are they? Did Kitty really respect Shan's authority over her team in Dead Souls?

As recently as the Mojo crossover between Gold and Blue, Dani was demoted to crowd control meanwhile the teenage O5 were allowed to do whatever they wanted.
    Magma was supposedly on substitute Gold team but more often than not was completely forgotten by the writer.
    None of the X-Men even noticed that Cypher had somehow gotten addicted to the internet and was living in squalor.

In the recent Gen X, Jubilee and Chamber were teachers. But does that somehow make them full fledged X-Men, given the same respect as say Colossus or Nightcrawler?
    Yes they are considered X-men. They have not be disrespected and cast aside when wanting to help as we see the vets do with the New X-men. Whether they get panel time is a different story

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I don't get it. Generation X isn't being held to such high standards as films and video games. Also, Surge and Pixie have been in a video game (for the 3 X-Men games that came out ssince the characters were released, and I don't think I can say the same for Husk or Chamber or Cypher or). A bunch of them apepared in Wolverine and the X-Men already (as cameos, yes, but for a series that was not focused on them, it was telling that they even appeared).
    Actually, Generation X got a tv movie in their first or second year....

I'm just saying, expecting the Academy kids to take over the X-Men is just unrealistic. One or two sprinkled in the tried and true lineup is the best you can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nadia and Amadeus are former Avengers too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Actually, Generation X got a tv movie in their first or second year....

I'm just saying, expecting the Academy kids to take over the X-Men is just unrealistic. One or two sprinkled in the tried and true lineup is the best you can hope for.
    You're proud of admitting that? Brave. And why not have them all in differernt teams? I don't see the problem with that.

I could see the senior X-Men fake dying (circa Outback era) with the New Mutants/Generation X characters taking the mantle of the X-Men (Dani and Sam would be a great pair of co-headmasters for the school). And the Academy X kids will become the new New Mutants/Gen X team. Have this be the status quo for a few years.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I could see the senior X-Men fake dying (circa Outback era) with the New Mutants/Generation X characters taking the mantle of the X-Men (Dani and Sam would be a great pair of co-headmasters for the school). And the Academy X kids will become the new New Mutants/Gen X team. Have this be the status quo for a few years.
    That would be fine, but the New Mutants/Gen Xer's are definitely next in the line of succession.