Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel Launches X-Men Milestones Line

Marvel Launches X-Men Milestones TPB Line With Dark Phoenix Saga, Fall of the Mutants, Mutant Massacre

The Biggest and Best Adventures of Marvel’s Merry Mutants…These Are the X-MEN MILESTONES!

New York, NY—November 19, 2018—They are the tales of triumph and tragedy that changed Marvel’s mutants forever…and now, fans everywhere can relive these stories in a new series of trade paperbacks designed to form one complete library of X-Men events!

To start, dive into history with the tragic Jean Grey story that rocked the X-Men and the Marvel Universe in Dark Phoenix Saga by Chris Claremont and John Byrne! Brace yourself as the specter of death looms over three X-teams in Fall of the Mutants by Claremont, Louise Simonson, Marc Silvestri, Bret Blevins and Walter Simonson! And charge into the epic battle between the Morlocks and the Marauders in Mutant Massacre by Claremont, Louise Simonson, Walter Simonson, Ann Nocenti, John Romita Jr., Blevins, Rick Leonardi, Alan Davis, Barry Windsor-Smith, Terry Shoemaker, Butch Guice, Sal Buscema and Jon Bogdanove!

With this new collection, relive the X-Men’s best and the biggest storylines as their adventures remind you why the X-Men have been a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe for decades!

What other earth-shattering events will follow? Stay tuned to Marvel for more…

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...ones-tpb-line/
    https://www.newsarama.com/42787-new-...-classics.html

X-MEN MILESTONES: DARK PHOENIX SAGA

By Chris Claremont and John Byrne

X-MEN MILESTONES: FALL OF THE MUTANTS

By Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Marc Silvestri, Bret Blevins and Walter Simonson

X-MEN MILESTONES: MUTANT MASSACRE

By Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Walter Simonson, Ann Nocenti, John Romita Jr., Blevins, Rick Leonardi, Alan Davis, Barry Windsor-Smith, Terry Shoemaker, Butch Guice, Sal Buscema and Jon Bogdanove!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/42787-new-...-classics.html

X-MEN MILESTONES: DARK PHOENIX SAGA

By Chris Claremont and John Byrne

X-MEN MILESTONES: FALL OF THE MUTANTS

By Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Marc Silvestri, Bret Blevins and Walter Simonson

X-MEN MILESTONES: MUTANT MASSACRE

By Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Walter Simonson, Ann Nocenti, John Romita Jr., Blevins, Rick Leonardi, Alan Davis, Barry Windsor-Smith, Terry Shoemaker, Butch Guice, Sal Buscema and Jon Bogdanove!

more nostalgia no thanks..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

They keep rereleasing the same exact stories instead of doing Uncanny omnibus v4.

I wonder what the price-point on these will be. Because if they're cheap "hey, welcome to the X-Men, here's where you get started" books, I can see a need for that. (Still bitter about losing the Essentials line.) But if they're more $40+ TPBs, what the heck? Didn't we just get a pricey Mutant Massacre reprint too?

Mighty Member

New ideas, New plots, Please Marvel?

BANNED

Why?

there are already TPBs....there are already digital scans you can find online for free if you dont want to spend the money.

Marvel hasn't learned that people have become smarter with the way they read back issues.

Did they really have to use the Star Trek font?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

OMG! New stuff! Oh wait... I have all of these in trade or digital collection. Let's stop re-releasing stuff and saying they're launching something.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very ugly trade dress but happy with any extra attention the X-Men can get. Although as others have pointed out, these particular stories are already widely available in TPB form.

I'm really nostalgic for the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga. Can we do that again?

How is this line different then the "True Believers" reprint line?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't know why people are upset about this. The best way to feed nostalgia is to do reprints rather than retreads in the current books.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I don't know why people are upset about this. The best way to feed nostalgia is to do reprints rather than retreads in the current books.
    not that I'm upset but that is the problem. its happening in the current xbooks as well lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How is this line different then the "True Believers" reprint line?
    These are trades. TB is floppies, single issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    OMG! New stuff! Oh wait... I have all of these in trade or digital collection. Let's stop re-releasing stuff and saying they're launching something.
    I have these in TPB and in the Essential volumes, too.