Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Looking good. I'll most likely get my usuals. Definitely intrigued by this Batman and Flash crossover and tbis potential Green Arrow direction. I never heard of Indigo Riot. Must be a new creation.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mainly just looking at the young justice titles at this point:

-I like the idea that the Wonder Twins are Justice League interns, seems like that could be a neat idea and perhaps we will see them do stuff in some of the Justice League titles then
    -Naomi seems like something that I need to wait and see with the first issue if I'm interested, though David Walker is writing so that genuine incentive to buy the 1st issue.
    -Not What I expected from Teen Lantern, I mean I understand it is not a corps uniform but it is still pretty standard for what I expected.
    -Surprised Jinny Hex has a shotgun, I thought she had an alien gun

Beyond that I am also disappointed to see Sideways go, I actually kind of liked it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ughhhh Flash crossing over with Batman. I hate crossovers! Guess I will be getting it to read the whole arc though.

Also picking up:
    Shazam
    Young Justice
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

OMG! Is that Riri Williams in Young Justice? Bendis finally did it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    The best way to move past your demons is too confront them? I don't even know why that needed to be spelled out.
    Isn't that the sort of thing that lands you IN therapy, constantly looking for a way to make a horrible event better?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Isn't that the sort of thing that lands you IN therapy, constantly looking for a way to make a horrible event better?
    You're not getting it. I'm assuming you don't know anyone with a history of mental problems with a response like that.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    You're not getting it. Just reaching. Never mind.
    I'm sorry, have you ever been stuck in that "I could have done something different" spiral? The kind that literally destroys your life because you cannot think of anything else? The kind that even talking about causes flashbacks and intense emotional pain? And your telling me the treatment for that is to experience it over and over again?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

mera: tidebreaker tp
    female furies #1
    action comics #1008
    superman #8
    catwoman #8
    electric warriors #4
    the green lantern #4
    hawkman #9
    aquaman #45

Barry being called the world's second greatest detective seems kind of strange.

Border Town #6
    Cover #6
    Deathstroke #40
    Noami #2
    Shazam #3
    Teen Titans #27
    Wonder Twins #1
    Young Justice #2
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

For sure:

Action Comics #1008
    Superman #8
    Hawkman #9
    The Terrifics #13

Possibly:

Detective Comics #998-999
    The Green Lantern #4
    Shazam #3

Thoughts:

- I've been waiting for a story that explored more of Mera and Arthur falling in love and Mera's situation in Xebel, so "Tidebreaker" sounds right up my alley.

- That's an...interesting design for Damian for that Super Sons book.

- I'm kind of surprised this is the first time the Furies have had their own book. I'm almost wondering if this is a prequel book, pre-Barda's defection, and that's why in the solicits the Furies are mentioned as not being treated like Darkseid's elites yet.

- The Hall of Justice is supposed to be this big cohesive backdrop of the DCU now, so it makes sense the Wonder Twins would work there.

- "Witness the epic origin of Aquaman’s most dangerous foe yet" how many times have we heard that one before?

- Williamson writing Batman again for a Flash crossover? Interesting. I guess it'll be refreshing for anyone who hasn't been the biggest fan of King's writing as of late. Although the description screams "Identity Crisis tie-in" rather then "Heroes in Crisis."

- The Freedom Fighters vs. Kid Hitler? Alrighty then...

- So how long will this new team stick around on Green Arrow? It's starting to feel like Nightwing with all the shifting creative teams, although at least the stories seem more consistent.

- Building up Martian Manhunter and Lex Luthor as enemies make sense since they're leading they're respective teams...and also because they're both bald .

- Dr. Fate as a bad guy? Ulp .

- So there was conveniently a detective named John Jones who was replaced by an alien...named J'onn J'onnz. Huh.

- Wasn't Jamal Campbell doing Marvel work before? I guess that's another snag for DC.

- Mr. Mind looks more like Post-Crisis Mr. Mind on that cover. Oh, and Mary and Freddy now get top billing among the other Shazam kids apparently.

- Multiversal Mr. (and Mrs.) Terrifics? I think they're inching a little too close to the Council of Reeds here.

- I see now why they had the first Young Justice cover with just the boys. Not only was it the original YJ trio but the second cover is the one featuring all the girls. Cassie's redesign looks much better here and the new Amethyst looks awesome .
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Barry being called the world's second greatest detective seems kind of strange.
    I don't think Barry is the second greatest detective, but that's probably for hype for another crossover between him and Batman.

I guess as far as DC's detectives go he's probably one of the better known and popular ones, although not always as emphasized as a detective.

Although who would be the 2nd? Tim? Elongated Man? Detective Chimp?

"The Green Lantern" is my only absolute buy. Might pick up "Female Furies."

Interesting that Arkham Knight is now going to be in the DCU.... A big video game character making his way to comics.... hmm... when has that happened (recently)? DC could have done this with AK awhile ago, but now they seem like copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "The Green Lantern" is my only absolute buy. Might pick up "Female Furies."

Interesting that Arkham Knight is now going to be in the DCU.... A big video game character making his way to comics.... hmm... when has that happened (recently)? DC could have done this with AK awhile ago, but now they seem like copycats.
    I don't know if copycats is the right word but I guess Tomasi, having written the game tie-in, wanted to appropriate the identity for something new.

(Which is all the more ironic since Jason is facing off against another one of his old identities in his own book).

PTSD is not the same as personal demons.

Your personal demons are self inflicted, whereas PTSD is not.