Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Beast Boy is a rampaging monster storyline feels so forced and unnecessary.
    Thats what the Titans book has been for awhile now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Barry is the second greatest detective, but that's probably for hype for another crossover between him and Batman.

I guess as far as DC's detectives go he's probably one of the better known and popular ones, although not always as emphasized as a detective.

Although who would be the 2nd? Tim? Elongated Man? Detective Chimp?
    Dick has been called the 2nd greatest on occasion, but I don't think anyone outside whoever is writing Dick's solo at the time thinks that. Tim I think has been called greater than Bruce on occasion, and I guess characters like the Question can get thrown in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Barry being called the world's second greatest detective seems kind of strange.
    Now in the age of the "modern" comics only the big names matter. Anyone else who is a detective style character from Ralph to Vic or Chimp they might as well not exist. Just push a character up like Barry and call him one of the best simply because he appears more.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm sorry, have you ever been stuck in that "I could have done something different" spiral? The kind that literally destroys your life because you cannot think of anything else? The kind that even talking about causes flashbacks and intense emotional pain? And your telling me the treatment for that is to experience it over and over again?
    what you are saying makes perfect sense and it's the other poster who doesn't understand mental issues. sometimes the misdiagnosis in ways of treatment of mental illness can exacerbate the problem instead of alleviating it and a sure shot way of that happening is when patients who haven't got over the trauma of the event are forced to relive it.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The negative period continues for me.

- As I expected Tomasi will take Batman exactly where I don't want to. Fighting supernatural dressing an armor. So Detective is definetly dropped.

- Ric Grayson is not bearable, so Nigtwing is dropped too.

- I still can not have the desire to approach to Bendis Superman, maybe in trade later.

- fed up with Snyder's crap (Batman who laughs), I can't find the strenght to approach his Justice League.

- Without The Outlaws I'm loosing interest in Red Hood too.

- Not interested in Morrison GL.

- I could take a glance to Batman Beyond, the inclusion of Robin concept and Jurgens writing could be an hook for me. I should regain previous issues.

- No Batman too, a Barry Flash crossover is a big pass for me. Anyway where's King?

Then the list it includes only:

Young Justice
    Titans (only for Kyle and Donna, if it's bad I'll drop it soon again)
    The Terrifics
    Batman Beyond (maybe)
    Heroes in Crisis (hoping that it does not turn into a meaningless massacre)
    Wonder Twins (Always loved them, I'll give the a try).
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 11-20-2018 at 02:17 AM.

BANNED

realistically Barry should be the greatest detective of the world as his mental processing, ability to arrive at conclusions from the gathered data ability to review the evidence to ensure nothing is missed ability to quickly read a given situation ability to critically analyze the mystery at light speeds should ensure that he has solved the mystery before Bruce has even started.

Forgot to add my list this month:
    *Sigh* Heroes in Crisis #6
    Batman/Flash: The Last Cold Case
    Action Comics #1008
    Superman #8
    Batman Beyond #29
    Outsiders #3
    Batman Who Laughs #3
    Deathstroke #40
    Detective Comics #998 and #999
    Green Arrow #49
    The Green Lantern #4
    Justice League #17 and #18
    Justice League Dark #8
    Justice League Odyssey #6
    Martian Manhunter #3
    Nightwing #57
    Red Hood #31
    Shazam #3
    Terrifics #13
    Young Justice #2
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I just can’t get past Martian Manhunter’s bicycle shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I just can’t get past Martian Manhunter’s bicycle shorts.
    Yeah, I like J'onn's classic look as much as the next guy, but I'm not seeing this new visual sticking...

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    The negative period continues for me.
    This sums up my feelings perfectly. I don’t think the negative period will end at this point, at least under the current leadership.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

I think I've read Detective Chimp said he's a better detective than Batman. Batman is just the best human detective he knew.
    And the Question is not inferior to Batman. Batman is considered as the greatest detective is just because he's famous. So the so-called second greatest detective thing doesn't make sense. Joshua Williams, please.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I think I've read Detective Chimp said he's a better detective than Batman. Batman is just the best human detective he knew.
    And the Question is not inferior to Batman. Batman is considered as the greatest detective is just because he's famous. So the so-called second greatest detective thing doesn't make sense. Joshua Williams, please.
    I guess debating who's the best detective is like debating who's the smartest .

Extraordinary Member

Hmmmm. Mixed feelings here. There's definitely some stuff to look forward to here, like Young Justice, the continuation of Bendis's Superman, Wilson's Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Female Furies, and DeConnick's Aquaman. I'm also curious as to what's going to happen in Heroes in Crisis. However, I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I need to see a more coherent picture for the future of the DCU and I'm not seeing it here.

BANNED

Definitely:
    Silencer
    Deathstroke
    The Green Lantern
    Justice League(both)
    Teen Titans

Maybe:
    The Flash(both)

I think I'm going to drop JLO after next weeks issue, it'll create space for YJ at the least.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Green Lantern
    Batman
    The Flash
    Aquaman (possibly)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.