Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post

SUPER SONS BOOK ONE: THE POLARSHIELD PROJECT TP
    written by RIDLEY PEARSON
    art and cover by ILE GONZALEZ
    The polar ice caps have nearly melted away, causing devastation to coastal cities. Erratic, deadly weather forces everyone inland, tearing families apart. Earth is facing its greatest crisis—and Superman and Batman are nowhere to be found.
    Jon Kent and Damian Wayne are opposite in every way except one—they are the sons of the World’s Greatest Heroes! To uncover a global conspiracy, this unlikely dynamic duo will need to learn to trust each other and work together to save the Earth. But who is the mysterious Candace? And what secrets does she hold that could be the key to everything?
    From New York Times bestselling author Ridley Pearson (Kingdom Keepers) and artist Ile Gonzalez comes the first original graphic novel in an epic three-part series that follows the Super Sons of Superman and Batman as they struggle to find their place in a rapidly changing world!
    ON SALE 03.27.19
    $9.99 US | 5.5” x 8”
    160 PAGES | FC

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #7
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art by CARLO BARBERI and MATT SANTORELLI
    cover by DAN MORA
    Locked in an intergalactic juvenile detention facility, Superboy and Robin meet the youngest...and meanest…Green Lantern ever! Well, sort of a GL. Mostly a GL. Really more of a trainee, but don’t tell the bad guys, okay? Plus, Joker Jr. returns...the clown who may be the boys’ last, best hope to stop the Gang!
    ON SALE 02.06.19
    $3.99 US | 7 of 12 | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

BATGIRL #32
    written by MAIRGHREAD SCOTT
    art by PAUL PELLETIER and NORM RAPMUND
    cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    Coming to you live from Gotham City! The people’s-choice congressional candidate Luciana Alejo is all set to give a televised interview that could secure her victory, but the Cormorant is ready to silence her for good. Can Batgirl protect the candidate without making her alter ego, Barbara Gordon, lose her campaign job in the process?
    ON SALE 02.27.98
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

Head Librarian of Gotham City Library, Dr. Barbara Gordon was elected and served as U.S. House Representative
    It was before Crisis on Infinite Earths

that mask design is saying
    "Look...it's Barbara Gordon disguised as Batgirl"

People in the comics must be stupid to not know that Barbara Gordon and Batgirl are one and the same
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-20-2018 at 04:57 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    that mask design is saying
    "Look...it's Barbara Gordon disguised as Batgirl"

People in the comics must be stupid to not know that Barbara Gordon and Batgirl are one and the same
    It is that way with a lot of superheroes.

I mean Robin and Nightwing only use an eye mask to protect their identity. Even the previous cowl of Batgirl doesn't cover a lot.

All this without mentioning Superman.

BANNED

Tom King is working on secret television stuff, hence his absence

https://www.newsarama.com/42797-tom-...-tv-stuff.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

. . . - Can we even still call Harley the "Clown Princess of Crime" if she's not really a Supervillain any more?

- Was anyone asking for the return of the Joker's daughter? Probably the same amount of people who were hoping for something like "Ric" for Nightwing...
    If written well, I'd prefer the Joker's Daughter over Harley Quinn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Cormorant looks like discount Midnighter.

- Was anyone asking for the return of the Joker's daughter? Probably the same amount of people who were hoping for something like "Ric" for Nightwing...
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I also am glad that the Joker's Daughter returns...as the villainess she was meant to be.

She is a distinctly Grayson villain...just like Cormorant is a distinctly Barbara villain. (So I'm glad Cormorant is back too.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd prefer Joker's Daughter over ever EVER hearing "Ric" used as the name for Dick Grayson.
    Who is the brain surgeon that thought THAT change would go over well with Nightwing fans?

(I actually don't mind J.D., I just think she needs a clear purpose that is different than Harley Quinn).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I'd prefer Joker's Daughter over ever EVER hearing "Ric" used as the name for Dick Grayson.
    Who is the brain surgeon that thought THAT change would go over well with Nightwing fans?

(I actually don't mind J.D., I just think she needs a clear purpose that is different than Harley Quinn).
    If Harley remains a 'heroine' then J.D. can be the 'villainess'.

BANNED

Definitely:
    Adventures of Super Sons
    Detective(both)
    Red Hood
    Batman Beyond
    Catwoman

Maybe
    Batman(both)
    The Batman Who Laughs

Super sons is bonkers crazy fun damn u bendis

March on art is definitely a no buy for me. I hope King decides to do other stuff permanently.

Really looking forward to Batman Beyond. I tend to prefer that BB not have too many overt links to present-day Batman, but I'm making an exception in this case. Terry v. Joker is always fascinating.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Really looking forward to Batman Beyond. I tend to prefer that BB not have too many overt links to present-day Batman, but I'm making an exception in this case. Terry v. Joker is always fascinating.
    Terry needs to be left alone to star in his OWN book. I really like him and it annoyed me no end to have even Terry shoved aside for Tim Dreck. Terry IS Batman Beyond.

I'm glad they adjusted the cover for that Boom Super Sons comic. The girl's skin used to look so desaturated I assumed she had rock powers/was made of concrete or something.

The new GL kid looks like so much fun. God I'm going to miss Super Sons when it ends.

I love that Barry and Bruce are having a detective team up, I just wish it didn't have the shadow of HiC hanging over it. Way to take all the fun out of murder.

Yay for Etrigan team up, though! Tomasi, you know what I like.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post

The same brain surgeons who decided Tim was never Robin and made each Robin only worked for a year probably