Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman February 2019 Solicitation

WONDER WOMAN #64
    written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    art by JESUS MERINO
    cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    There’s a god in Veronica Cale’s basement...and it’s not happy! As the Olympian pantheon begins to be reborn around the globe, each one could become a deadly weapon in the right hands. Unfortunately for Wonder Woman, the literal god of grudges, grievances and gripes is in the clutches of her most virulent foe!
    ON SALE 02.13.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

WONDER WOMAN #65
    written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    art by JESUS MERINO
    cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    If you asked Wonder Woman who her nemesis is, she might just say Veronica Cale—and now Veronica has the powers of the actual god Nemesis under her control! Some of the resurrected Olympians whom Wonder Woman has encountered have changed in unpredictable ways...is there a crack in Nemesis’ armor that Diana can get through? Or will she miss the chance to redeem yet another of her divine brethren?
    ON SALE 02.27.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah, only Nemesis. After the blurb for #64 I was worried Diana would have to deal with the combo of Veronica Cale and Persephone.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Ah, only Nemesis. After the blurb for #64 I was worried Diana would have to deal with the combo of Veronica Cale and Persephone.
    Whose Nemesis?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Whose Nemesis?
    The Greek goddess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This sounds great. The Olympian gods falling into the wrong hands makes me wonder if some other old foes will encounter them. Nemesis getting acquired by Veronica is fitting. I hope Dr. Cyber shows up, or is at least referenced.

Poseidon or a deity related to him better end up in Queen Clea's clutches.

EDIT: Also, is Nemesis associated with snakes? Or is that shadowed figure somebody else?
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 11-19-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Eh not really feeling how focused on the gods Wilson seems to be. Glad Nord isn’t staying on the book forever though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Eh not really feeling how focused on the gods Wilson seems to be. Glad Nord isn’t staying on the book forever though.
    Nemesis is at least a face we don't get to see that often, if ever. I can't recall a significant usage of her before this. It's nice to see some Greek deities that aren't just the big name Olympians.

Veronica having Nemesis seems to be the first instance of Wilson (according to her tweet to our own Dr. Poison) "starting out with quite a bit of Greek mythology, but setting it on a collision course with Diana's modern day supporting characters and antagonists." The use of "antagonists" and "old favorites" makes me very hopeful Cale is just the tip of the iceberg. I've grown to love Veronica a great deal more than I used to since Rebirth, but I will be very disappointed if she's all Wilson is talking about. But I don't think she is. Mixing her human cast and villains with the mythology stuff in an organic way is long overdue. Rucka sorta got the ball rolling with Godwatch, but I want more.

Ditto your feelings on Nord though. After a quick Google search, Merino's art looks more pleasing to the eye.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nemesis is at least a face we don't get to see that often, if ever. I can't recall a significant usage of her before this. It's nice to see some Greek deities that aren't just the big name Olympians.

Veronica having Nemesis seems to be the first instance of Wilson (according to her tweet to our own Dr. Poison) "starting out with quite a bit of Greek mythology, but setting it on a collision course with Diana's modern day supporting characters and antagonists." The use of "antagonists" and "old favorites" makes me very hopeful Cale is just the tip of the iceberg. I've grown to love Veronica a great deal more than I used to since Rebirth, but I will be very disappointed if she's all Wilson is talking about. But I don't think she is. Mixing her human cast and villains with the mythology stuff in an organic way is long overdue. Rucka sorta got the ball rolling with Godwatch, but I want more.

Ditto your feelings on Nord though. After a quick Google search, Merino's art looks more pleasing to the eye.

Nemesis was the antagonist in The Odyssey storyline started by JMS right before the New 52 started.

As for Wonder Girl's new look, what a hot mess. Too many colors and random pieces although I suspect this is an homage to Cassie's first costume which was just as bad.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I like it and will read it, but I'm ready for the "collision course" with other, ungodly costumed antagonists.

I'm intrigued by the gods dying and being reborn, and why exactly, from Ares tempting of Grail to Cheetah's offing of Poseidon.

I guess all those godly energies need to go somewhere and re-coalesce... I'm not as fascinated with Cale as I once was, but maybe GWW can make her more interesting than Robinson.

Hopefully pairing the gods up with Diana’s “normal” rogues will make for an interesting story, and at least Wilson is using Cale. I don’t know if there are limits to Cheetah and Circe since Cheetah is with the Legion and Tynion seems to be setting up something with Circe in JLD, but I’d really like to see both of them show up in WW proper.

It has some interesting possibilities. Im not quite sure how a deity could be in someones clutches but if this translates to us getting a bunch of Wonder Womans differing rogues together, im all for it

EDIT: Also, is Nemesis associated with snakes? Or is that shadowed figure somebody else?
    *checks*

Nemesis has the goose as her sacred animal. Some of her attributes are apple branches, the sword, the lash, and the balance. So even while lots of Greek gods are associated with snakes or serpents, it doesn't seem to be the case for Nemesis.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    It has some interesting possibilities. Im not quite sure how a deity could be in someones clutches but if this translates to us getting a bunch of Wonder Womans differing rogues together, im all for it
    She hired Circe to perform a binding spell on Deimos and Phobos, I’m curious as to how Veronica’s gonna do it this time around

Also, Cassie's back!
    YOUNG JUSTICE #2
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by PATRICK GLEASON and EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    variant cover by SANFORD GREENE
    The new teen super-team unites as Robin (Tim Drake), Wonder Girl, Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex join forces to help Amethyst free Gemworld from those who control it. In another section of the strange dimension, Connor Kent and Impulse find themselves taken captive—but if this is really Superboy, why isn’t he putting up a fight with his friend and former teammate against the bad guys?
    ON SALE 02.06.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hopefully pairing the gods up with Diana’s “normal” rogues will make for an interesting story, and at least Wilson is using Cale. I don’t know if there are limits to Cheetah and Circe since Cheetah is with the Legion and Tynion seems to be setting up something with Circe in JLD, but I’d really like to see both of them show up in WW proper.
    I hope Wilson seizes on the dangling plot thread of Circe needing some of Cale's daughter's blood, and Cale being surprised Circe hasn't come to collect.