Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not sure how I feel about this. I love the fact she's bringing Cale back. But the "god being used by a human" plot isn't exactly what happened to Cale-Cheetah?

Anyways, I trust Wilson to write a good story based on Greek myths. I used to love those until they god so cheap, but I have faith now considering how she plans to make it connected to nowadays values.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. I love the fact she's bringing Cale back. But the "god being used by a human" plot isn't exactly what happened to Cale-Cheetah?

Anyways, I trust Wilson to write a good story based on Greek myths. I used to love those until they god so cheap, but I have faith now considering how she plans to make it connected to nowadays values.
    I think it was more that Cale conspired to make sure Barbara Ann Minerva would fall into Urzkartaga's clutches without Wonder Woman being able to interfere. But I think it was rather clear that Cale was unable to control Cheetah in any way. It might be that Phobos and Deimos are better analogues here.

But like always the devil is in the details of these stories, and the solicitation texts seems to be rather misleading or erronous at times—just look at the solicitation text for the latest Justice League Dark, so I wouldn't put too much value into it right now.

I do think that Wilson is working in a Pérez-like fashion, in that she wants to build real connections between Wonder Woman and the original myths. Most later writers have been working with the popular modern takes on the Greek gods rather than trying to engage with the original myths.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Veronica failing to learn her lesson after the Cheetah/Deimos & Phobos fiasco, and then trying to capture Cheetah again during Robinson's run, seems pretty in-character for me.

She just doesn't care anymore, and it's somewhat hard to blame her.