Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Batman #59 Preview

I didn't find this published in the site. It seems as if Batman and Bane will see each other pretty soon...

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...th-the-penguin
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Clearly this needed to be a double spread:

Screenshot_20181119-183024.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Deadlines are hard. At least there's already more dialogue than the whole KGBeast fight.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Yes, but will he allow The Penguin to drive the Batmobile?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Yes, but will he allow The Penguin to drive the Batmobile?
    "Little old lady @ 12 o clock"

I watch that every Christmas

I much prefer Bellaire’s colors on Janin’s art. She seems to make it look a little flatter, which makes the tracing a lot less noticeable. Chung made it look straight up like a TellTale game in TWoJaR.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Should have been split over four pages instead!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Can't wait to see how Penguin looks in Dick Grayson's old Robin costume.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Why isn't anyone talking about the issue? The story moves like an inch forward.

Fantastic Member

Who's Penny?I thought the only one Penguin loved was the blind woman Cassandra.

Incredible Member

Penny is apparently Penguins wife that King created and killed off panel for nothing more than shock value. He fridged her without ever even introducing her. This issue was not great but not as bad others. Bane letting himself get beat, even to set Batman up, is out of character. He’s an alpha male who doesn’t show weakness. Batman is completely out of control, a terrible detective, and at this point just plain unlikable. The dialogue is still bad in parts but not as bad as it has been so that’s a plus. “You shot my boy” just sounds dumb to m but that’s a personal thing. The art was good but there just wasn’t much to draw. Overall, it wasn’t as bad as most of the series but it still wasn’t great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Penny is apparently Penguins wife that King created and killed off panel for nothing more than shock value. He fridged her without ever even introducing her. This issue was not great but not as bad others. Bane letting himself get beat, even to set Batman up, is out of character. He’s an alpha male who doesn’t show weakness. Batman is completely out of control, a terrible detective, and at this point just plain unlikable. The dialogue is still bad in parts but not as bad as it has been so that’s a plus. “You shot my boy” just sounds dumb to m but that’s a personal thing. The art was good but there just wasn’t much to draw. Overall, it wasn’t as bad as most of the series but it still wasn’t great.
    Yeah, I'd agree with these critiques.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    So it's confirmed that he lets himself be beaten during the I am Bane arc?

BANNED

this may feel like it's starting to reflect Frank Miller work where in trying to be grim and gritty devolves the work into parody but I think he has crossed over the line many issues ago when he had Bruce keep repeating the I am batman I am going to break your back dialogue like a mantra and his Catwoman may beat Elecktra in sheer viciousness but has none of the lethal feminine charm and comes across like just an animal sometimes especially in the booster arc . honestly I am at a loss as to what to make of what king is trying to narratively achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So it's confirmed that he lets himself be beaten during the I am Bane arc?
    This is why I really don't like the idea that "Bane was manipulating EVERYTHING that happened in the book since the beginning". Because that's just dumb, and makes it all feel cheap that everything was responsible by one dude, especially the ones that make absolutely no sense, like the War of Jokes and Riddles and The Button.

I think it'd be much more interesting if Bane decided to up his game after that defeat and lead to his master manipulation plan, but him purposefully being defeated as part of some grand plan just doesn't feel earned yet. I did at least like in this instance letting himself appear as a broken child to mess with Batman more than he already is.