Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So it's confirmed that he lets himself be beaten during the I am Bane arc?
    Nope. Oh and from out of nowhere, apparently Bane has been catatonic since he was brought in? He’s under constant surveillance, catatonic, but secretly running Arkham from his throne of skulls secretly hidden beneath the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think it'd be much more interesting if Bane decided to up his game after that defeat and lead to his master manipulation plan, but him purposefully being defeated as part of some grand plan just doesn't feel earned yet. I did at least like in this instance letting himself appear as a broken child to mess with Batman more than he already is.
    Welp, for all we know this might be true. And I agree, the story would be much better if everything was set in motion after I am Bane. No way to know until we see it in story or King confirms it though.
    Lots of OOC moments for both Bane and Bats here. And agreed about Penguin's wife. Like, King both introduced and killed her off panel. Thats just bad storytelling. I like Kings run in general, but this was just weak.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Welp, for all we know this might be true. And I agree, the story would be much better if everything was set in motion after I am Bane. No way to know until we see it in story or King confirms it though.
    Lots of OOC moments for both Bane and Bats here. And agreed about Penguin's wife. Like, King both introduced and killed her off panel. Thats just bad storytelling. I like Kings run in general, but this was just weak.
    I wouldn't say Bane is OOC, since his actions make sense in the context of this story, and I assume Batman being OOC is on purpose because of how far gone he is at this point. But yea, I didn't know he just created Penguin's wife just for this story, so yea that's a dumb decision.

The pacing of all these issues have always been a problem for me when reading them on their own. Even when something important like in this issue happens, it doesn't feel like that much happened at all.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So it's confirmed that he lets himself be beaten during the I am Bane arc?
    I don’t think so. Just Bane letting himself (assuming who Bats beat up is actually Bane) in this issue to set Bruce up.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    It is not likely true give that it is implied that Bane gave Gotham Girl her powers, setting the whole run in motion. Which yeah, makes all of I Am Bane very dumb.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay, how much of the Bane Plan is implied and how much of it is revealed on page?

Extraordinary Member

Okay, how much of the Bane Plan is implied and how much of it is revealed on page?
    Hardly any. I honestly can't tell you what is happening here. And each issue is so decompressed that nothing much happens. Honestly, the entire I am Bane arc could have been told in less than one issue.

None. Batman just became aware that Bane is behind framing freeze, trying to kill alfred, and shooting Dick. And by the end of the issue he is not sure because of Bane's supposed cathatonic state that came out of nowhere.

The most that's been implied with Bane's plan is the end of Batman 50 where we see him alongside every major character from the start of the run (Gotham Girl, Hugo Strange, Joker, Riddler, Flashpoint Batman, Skeets, etc.), but beyond seeing them we don't know what extend he was involved with those events. All we know for sure is that Bane was responsible for everything after 50, framing Mr. Freeze, sending KGBeast to shoot Nightwing, and sending Penguin to kill Alfred.

Also, wonder if Penguin will tell Batman that Bane has his own Batman on his side, since we know he knows about that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait, Alfred survived?! The guy who's actually Batman's supporting cast and not the main character who doesn't have his own series therefore if anything happen to him it will not derail any ongoing storyline or superhero team arrangement survived?!

At least Snyder actually cut off his arm. Please tell me he suffers at least some kind of damage that affects him and Bruce an entire year, because I can't be more angry or more out of this situation and its priorities than I already am.

Edit: You know what. Nevermind. I don't care. I'm already out. I'm reading stuff I actually like and doesn't make me angry now, so I'm not interested.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-23-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Mighty Member

I'm a little surprised at the reaction to Penny here. Especially considering there is no evidence at all that she exists, and isn't just a tool for Penguin to manipulate Batman.

Consider: Penguin going to Batman is all part of Bane's scheme. Penny is just the created excuse to justify his supposed face turn. It's all about creating doubt in Batman's mind. Even Penguin still being alive at the end of the issue sows doubt. (Remember, both Batman and Penguin acknowledged that if Penguin was selling out a Bane this powerful it was a death sentence.)

The whole 2 parter is Bane gaslighting Bruce. Making Bruce question what is real, what's a lie and who might be responsible. Penguin is a willing partner in this, playing the victim to put Batman in the right place at the right time.

Penny is discussed between Oswald and his henchmen., with no bats to be found. So I don’t think it’s a ploy to trick Bruce.

BANNED

Wait, Alfred survived?! The guy who's actually Batman's supporting cast and not the main character who doesn't have his own series therefore if anything happen to him it will not derail any ongoing storyline or superhero team arrangement survived?!

At least Snyder actually cut off his arm. Please tell me he suffers at least some kind of damage that affects him and Bruce an entire year, because I can't be more angry or more out of this situation and its priorities than I already am.

Edit: You know what. Nevermind. I don't care. I'm already out. I'm reading stuff I actually like and doesn't make me angry now, so I'm not interested.
    It's not nice to hurt Alfred. If Bane is so bent on revenge or whatever, he should just empty a rocket launcher into Batman and have done with it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

You thought Injustice Superman was bad? Shiiiiiit you kill Alfred and Bruce will make that version of Clark look like a saint.

The DCU aint prepares for that kind of smoke

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    You thought Injustice Superman was bad? Shiiiiiit you kill Alfred and Bruce will make that version of Clark look like a saint.

The DCU aint prepares for that kind of smoke
    We'll all think Shiiiiiiiiittt if Alfred is killed and there's nobody around to shovel all that guano out of the cave.