The Creeper
    Killjoy

vs

Thanos, no Gaunlet
    Corvus Glaive
    Ebony Maw
    Proxima Midnight
    Nebula

Who wins if this takes place in an empty abandoned building on Earth. Each Team is 100 feet from the other.

Bonus: Thanos gets Gaunlet all gems. Imhotep gets his army, Pinhead gets his Cenobites, and Chucky can ressurect once.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, Thanos could just stand there and ignore everything the other team does, though, without the gems, he'd have trouble dealing with the ones who can go somewhat incorporal. Easiest win is Maw just picking all of the horrors up and smashing them repeatedly into the ground, or uses his "I can casually hold Thor" level of TK to just immobilise everyone for a 10-count, even those he can't outright kill (again, smashing someone who can seem to turn to sand or liquid would be tough, but they can be trivially pinned to the ground).
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Freddy's reality warping deals the win. The other team has NO defense against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Freddy's reality warping deals the win. The other team has NO defense against that.
    Freddy has two distinct versions of himself. Dream world and real world.

Arena defaults him to his real world stuff iirc last time this came up. You have to specify dream world like Dormammu in or out of dark dimension.*

Real world Freddy gets smashed. Corvus can stab intangible stuff like Vision (dude specifically said his blade was messing with him despite his phasing) so that might help against the incorporeal dudes.

If Freddy DOES have dream world stats, then the IG would combat that nicely in the scenario where he gets it.

* Only person who typically gets a pass on this is Neo from Matrix because it's usually pretty obvious that any OP is trying to go for the version of the guy with super powers, so we are lenient on it being non specified. But Freddy and Dorm and others have legit feats and powers out of their respective places.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Freddy has two distinct versions of himself. Dream world and real world.

Arena defaults him to his real world stuff iirc last time this came up. You have to specify dream world like Dormammu in or out of dark dimension.*

Real world Freddy gets smashed. Corvus can stab intangible stuff like Vision (dude specifically said his blade was messing with him despite his phasing) so that might help against the incorporeal dudes.

If Freddy DOES have dream world stats, then the IG would combat that nicely in the scenario where he gets it.

* Only person who typically gets a pass on this is Neo from Matrix because it's usually pretty obvious that any OP is trying to go for the version of the guy with super powers, so we are lenient on it being non specified. But Freddy and Dorm and others have legit feats and powers out of their respective places.
    I believe you're correct. It was originally seen that Freddy would have dream powers until it was shown that he still had powers in the real world.

Also, does the IG have feats for resisting reality warping?

I believe you're correct. It was originally seen that Freddy would have dream powers until it was shown that he still had powers in the real world.

Also, does the IG have feats for resisting reality warping?
    The glove itself? No.

I am inclined to believe it's just too darn tough to mess with though. I might be proven to be wrong, but it's got some pretty crazy durability just by extrapolating some of its feats.

It seems to be channeling the energies it uses through the device itself, taking the strain of the energies directly, kind of like what Dr. Stranges friend was saying magically imbued artifacts do. The energy required to obliterate the surface of a moon doesn't take even of fleck of paint off the IG. Whereas a truly cosmic universal scale action (the snap) messes it up royally.

Can reality warping circumvent that level of durability and just mess with it regardless? Maybe. That's for others to decide. But even if it can, it would still be a quickdraw. I think the IG has better feats for actual reality warping but it's been a while since I've watched anything Freddy.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The glove itself? No.

I am inclined to believe it's just too darn tough to mess with though. I might be proven to be wrong, but it's got some pretty crazy durability just by extrapolating some of its feats.

It seems to be channeling the energies it uses through the device itself, taking the strain of the energies directly, kind of like what Dr. Stranges friend was saying magically imbued artifacts do. The energy required to obliterate the surface of a moon doesn't take even of fleck of paint off the IG. Whereas a truly cosmic universal scale action (the snap) messes it up royally.

Can reality warping circumvent that level of durability and just mess with it regardless? Maybe. That's for others to decide. But even if it can, it would still be a quickdraw. I think the IG has better feats for actual reality warping but it's been a while since I've watched anything Freddy.
    I've only seen Infinity War once but I don't recall any reality warping feats. I could be wrong though.

I've only seen Infinity War once but I don't recall any reality warping feats. I could be wrong though.
    A quick list: Turned Drax into stone. Turned Mantis into string/paper. Manipulated a devastated Knowhere to appear in pristine condition, complete with a copy of himself arguing with the Collector. Turned Quills blasts into bubbles. Turned Gamoras knife into bubbles. Recreated a portion of Titan to show Dr. Strange what his world used to be pre societal collapse. Turned an explosion into bats. Absorbed an explosion and redirected its force (this may have been a different stone, I dont remember).

These were not illusions. They were tangible changes that could be interacted with.
    - big_adventure

BANNED

A quick list: Turned Drax into stone. Turned Mantis into string/paper. Manipulated a devastated Knowhere to appear in pristine condition, complete with a copy of himself arguing with the Collector. Turned Quills blasts into bubbles. Turned Gamoras knife into bubbles. Recreated a portion of Titan to show Dr. Strange what his world used to be pre societal collapse. Turned an explosion into bats. Absorbed an explosion and redirected its force (this may have been a different stone, I dont remember).

These were not illusions. They were tangible changes that could be interacted with.
    Freddy can turn and play his victims like they are characters in a video game.

Pinhead can probably take the IG-less fight though, thanks to chains+intangibility/being stupidly hard to kill/whatever random powers he feels like pulling out.

Freddy with dream world abilities vs Thanos with the IG is most certainly a quickdraw... Except Freddy is way harder to kill, so... he wins I guess?

I don't see how Thanos is countering being turned into a cockroach, for example. Or just getting his arm removed while he's still trying to figure out how to actually kill Freddy.

Actually, Pinhead might also be a decent match for IG Thanos, though he'd probably lose. It'd be a quickdraw again though.

All of those can be done via transmutation though

All of those can be done via transmutation though
    Including a full sized perfect copy of Thanos that just literally disappears after "dying"? We don't see one thing turn into another. He and the Collector were just there and then not.

Besides, it's not the transmutation Stone. Its the Reality Stone. By narrative and presentation it is the one thing and not the other.

Its like saying a flashlight is fire just because they both illuminate a room. Similar effects =/= the same things.

To Sol_M, what's the most potent thing Freddy has tanked? Obliterating the surface of the moon levels of force? Withstanding "begone!" Soul energies capable of universal scale extinction?
    - big_adventure

Including a full sized perfect copy of Thanos that just literally disappears after "dying"? We don't see one thing turn into another. He and the Collector were just there and then not.

Besides, it's not the transmutation Stone. Its the Reality Stone. By narrative and presentation it is the one thing and not the other.

Its like saying a flashlight is fire just because they both illuminate a room. Similar effects =/= the same things.

To Sol_M, what's the most potent thing Freddy has tanked? Obliterating the surface of the moon levels of force? Withstanding "begone!" Soul energies capable of universal scale extinction?
    Fair points but the fake Thanos thing I saw as an illusion. Kind of like Star Trek's holodecks where you can physically interact with characters but they're still holograms.

Fair points but the fake Thanos thing I saw as an illusion. Kind of like Star Trek's holodecks where you can physically interact with characters but they're still holograms.
    Again, that's just comparing two things that have similar effects
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm not exactly sure what the MCU Soul and Mind Stones can do, but I doubt that Freddy would enjoy the results too much.