Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default New Animated Movie: Batman vs Robin

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54383

Even though Batman vs Robin is the name of an arc from Morrison's B&R, this looks like it's more based on Court of Owls.

Which is an odd title, so I'm guessing they're going to use Dick more here, and expand on the punch scene and his connection to the Owls?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Interesting.
    i hope it has a better plot then SoB (although i somehwhhat enjoyed that film) the new Bruce Timm movie though. Sign me up!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

That title confuses me.

Seriously? There are SOOO many better stories to focus on! Hush, Long Halloween, and of course Killing Joke spring to mind off the top of my head. Cmon DC!!

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    Seriously? There are SOOO many better stories to focus on! Hush, Long Halloween, and of course Killing Joke spring to mind off the top of my head. Cmon DC!!
    Killing Joke is too short to be made into a faithful adaption. Hush no way, was a poor overly-long comic. Long Halloween, hell yes!! And all of GM's run (impossible but one van dream, right?)

Fantastic Member

I really hope this comes out well, Batman and son was disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    This is part of their New 52 Animated universe. It's part of the same universe their JL movies are in. So they will probably only focus on adapting New 52 stories. I think that they plan to release 3 animated movies a year and 2 of them are connected to their New 52 animated universe and the 3rd movie is sort of on its own. So maybe they will adapt other non-New 52 Batman stories through that 3rd movie.

As for this movie I don't know. Calling it Batman vs Robin but not using Morrison's story and Cort of Owls instead feels really strange. It isn't like Robin played a big role in that story unless they make Dick Robin in this, but that doesn't really fit with the continuity they established with the Son of Batman movie if this takes place after that.

Now if this was a Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin story (which would fit in after the Son of Batman movie) that would be interesting even though they won't do that. Just rework the story and remove the Lincoln March stuff and just have Talon/William Cobb be the main villain who is Dick's great-grandfather anyway. I don't know if they can set up both March and Cobb in one movie, but I guess we will see. I bet that scene of Bruce punching Dick in the face is going to be highlighted a lot if they are calling the Owls story Batman vs Robin.
    Last edited by Badou; 07-26-2014 at 05:38 PM.

I think they're just naming this for the general audience, the Court is still really new in the comic world and the general audience will have no idea who they're. Having the title like this will make it an easier sell for those who don't really pay as much attention as we do.

Regardless please bring NPH back as Nightwing, a Batman, Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood movie would make me implode. But I only see Bruce, Dick and Damian happening in this.

Its can't be worse than Batman and Son.

My suggestion has been to adapt both killing joke and arkham asylum as one feature length release. Sort of like what they did with hulk vs. You could use the same cast for both.

So, I'm guessing they are going to expand on Nightwing being secretly chosen for the Court of Owls, and have him be the main antagonist for this? So he gets brainwashed by the Court and becomes a mindless super-assassin?
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    My suggestion has been to adapt both killing joke and arkham asylum as one feature length release. Sort of like what they did with hulk vs. You could use the same cast for both.
    That wouldn't be a bad way of doing it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    So, I'm guessing they are going to expand on Nightwing being secretly chosen for the Court of Owls, and have him be the main antagonist for this? So he gets brainwashed by the Court and becomes a mindless super-assassin?
    that would all be fine and dandy but the Title is Batman V Robin: (Dawn of the owls, hehe lol) surely it should be Batman v Nightwing unless this is the out of continuity film for 2015.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    I think they're just naming this for the general audience, the Court is still really new in the comic world and the general audience will have no idea who they're. Having the title like this will make it an easier sell for those who don't really pay as much attention as we do.

Regardless please bring NPH back as Nightwing, a Batman, Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood movie would make me implode. But I only see Bruce, Dick and Damian happening in this.
    Presumably they'll be keeping the Batman And Son voices for Batman and - well - his son. So I wouldn't mind at all if Sean Maher came back as Nightwing - thought he did a pretty strong job.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    shhhhhhhhh! You'll jinx it for all of us.

My guess Damian rebels against Bruce while it seems like Gotham itself is being pulled away from underneath him by the court.

An ideal world? Dick is Batman, and we get the story that Snyder wanted CoO to be, while also dealing with Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Please don't jinx it.