Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

one day they will give us a robin (all of them) team-up

one day

Astonishing Member

I always figured Court of Owls would be adapted at some point...but never expected it to be this way.

My first reaction too was Dick is the 'Robin' in question and that this would relate to Dick's original destiny as a Talon. That WOULD be a significant deviation from the original story, if Dick actually became an antagonist to Batman, but we are told that this isn't a straight adaptation, so who knows.

BANNED

Court of Owls AND Batman vs. Robin? It's gonna suck. I don't know why they do it this way - it seems like they're adapting stories from the comics in an effort to be 'core' - but a bad adaptation is just going to piss off comic fans. Why can't we get an original script? Is that too much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Actually, as much as I'd love a big meaty Dick role here - it would actually be a pretty elegant "fix" to have the story as a Bruce And Damian one, with Talia taking control of Damian to try and kill Batman etc, subbing in The Ancient Gothic Mystery Of The Court Of Owls for the Ancient Gothic Mystery Of The Waynes' History.

Incredible Member

I hope that it is good. I loved the Court of Owls. I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'd love a big meaty Dick
    My apologies, but this never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Interesting.
    i hope it has a better plot then SoB (although i somehwhhat enjoyed that film) the new Bruce Timm movie though. Sign me up!
    Is Timm's work connected to the DCAU because I really want closure on a few story lines...

what happened to A.M.A.Z.O.?

If it is stand alone I am still very excited.

I am not particularly interested in Batman vs Robin as I am not very interested in the premise.
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 07-27-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I am not sure what to think of this based on the info we've been handed.

Extraordinary Member

That's my overall opinion too. If the title said anything except Batman Vs. Robin, I'd expect a fairly straight adaptation of Court of Owls, maybe removing the Thomas Wayne subplot. But the title gives a completely different storyline. Is Batman going to outright fight Dick and Damian? Are all the Talons going to be brainwashed Robins?

Unlike you guys I am truly confident this movie can be a success, all we need is ...

- New writer
    - New voice actors
    - New director
    - Better animation
    - Bruce Timm
    - The creators to read the source material
    - Hell to freeze over
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    one day they will give us a robin (all of them) team-up

one day
    Didn't they do that in the Brave and the Bold cartoon show?

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Unlike you guys I am truly confident this movie can be a success, all we need is ...

- New writer
    - New voice actors
    - New director
    - Better animation
    - Bruce Timm
    - The creators to read the source material
    - Hell to freeze over
    I think we will get that last one before all the others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Didn't they do that in the Brave and the Bold cartoon show?
    In the comic, not the show. They did have Dick-Bats and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I always figured Court of Owls would be adapted at some point...but never expected it to be this way.

My first reaction too was Dick is the 'Robin' in question and that this would relate to Dick's original destiny as a Talon. That WOULD be a significant deviation from the original story, if Dick actually became an antagonist to Batman, but we are told that this isn't a straight adaptation, so who knows.
    That makes sense but the title/plot mix up is still unnecessarily confusing. Given the success of Court of Owls this is just stupid.

Astonishing Member

I actually think the plot of the movie could possibly pan out something like this-

The story starts out similar to Snyder's arc, where Bruce's urban renewal project attracts the attention of the Court of Owls. When Talons target Bruce Wayne, and start attacking various other prominent individuals, Batman and Robin start investigating, assisted by Nightwing. Dick however is kidnapped by the court while he's visiting Haly's circus, and is brainwashed (with the help of a chip implanted in him) and transformed into the leader of the Talons...Owlman. Batman ends up battling Owlman, eventually realizing its a brainwashed Dick under the mask. Then follows an investigation during which Batman uncovers the secret history of the Talons, how they were involved in the origin of the Grayson family, and how Haly's Circus was used as a training ground for them, and Dick was picked to be a potential Talon leader due to his athletic prowess and actually underwent physical and mental conditioning and programming during his time at Haly's Circus (unknown to him). There could even be a twist that the Court was involved in the murder of the Graysons, and let Bruce take Dick in as his ward and sidekick, because they thought he would serve as the perfect unwitting sleeper agent to use against Batman. The rest of the movie will be Batman having to defeat the Court and find some way to free Dick from the Court's control.

It won't be as great as Snyder's original story, but it would make for an interesting clash between Bruce and Dick.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I don't know what to make of the title if it's supposed to be an adaptation of CoO. Only thing I can think of is there will be a plot (or subplot) that furthers Damian's story. While Batman is busy with the Court, Damian goes back with his mother and gets that chip implanted in him that let's Talia control Damian. I don't think Dick is the Robin they're talking about here.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli